Patriotic Boy In Wheelchair Struggles To His Feet To Stand For The National Anthem

A fine young man

hootowlLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredJustJimColoRoosterSynysterGatesdeusvult

Makes me proud of the NFL

Nobody :(

God Bless America!

Nobody :(

Other

DWFStarzAboveSynysterSissy

BudwickozzyboyAdaMazeRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by Budwick...

Other than overpaid NFL players, most Americans feel it’s their patriotic duty to stand up when the National Anthem is played. Leah Norris of Tennessee was enjoying the Putnam County Fair in Cookeville, Tennessee, when she witnessed one little boy who took patriotism to a whole new level. As country singer Jenny Leigh belted out “The Star-Spangled Banner” from the stage, Leah witnessed 10 year-old Avery Price, who uses a wheelchair, struggling to get to his feet. Avery has hereditary spastic paraplegia (HSP) syndrome, a condition that’s similar to cerebral palsy. Although he recently had surgery to correct some of his issues with using his legs, he still uses a wheelchair to get around. Considering all this young man has been through, does it make you proud of the NFL jackwads that refuse to stand for the anthem?

Good for this young man, takes a lot of effort to do what he did. Of course we have fought wars for the freedom of speech and expression. That also includes the freedom to protest. The NFL has every right to kneel during the anthem if that is what they choose.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

What can I say other than he's a true patriot!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “What can I say other than he's a true patriot!

Yes, he's a true patriot, unless of course, his standing is being used as a cheap political stunt. Hmm.......

dru18 dru18

In response to “Yes, he's a true patriot, unless of course...

Let's hope not Dru!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Let's hope not Dru!

In today's cynical world, I have my doubts.

dru18 dru18

Don't see why I should care

DWF DWF

In response to “Don't see why I should care

Oooof course you don't.

Hey ladies, this one is quite a catch, and I hear he's single!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Not a he

I apologize.

I guess it was my own assumptions regarding gender that convinced me that only a male could be so cold and uncaring.

Obviously, I was wrong.

Budwick Budwick OP

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Good for this young man, takes a lot of...

What, no up vote from Budwick? LOL!

dru18 dru18

In response to “What, no up vote from Budwick? LOL!

Nah, he already has a swelled head

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

And.........?

dru18 dru18

He makes the fb players look like the clueless, temper tantrum throwers they really are. I'm pretty sure he doesn't make the money they do either.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

Why does this bother you soooo much?
Oh...i know. Because trump keeps harping on it.
Still butthurt that football didnt want him.

Carla Carla

Good for him. But why would they even show this? There are a lot of people who will stand for the anthem, and there are a lot of people roaming around, buying snacks, on their phones, etc. And nothing is being said about them, only about the football players. And that's because Trump made a mountain out of a mole hill.

I will always stand for the anthem if it's possible. That's my right, and it's also the right of the NFL players to kneel if they so desire.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Good for him. But why would they even show...

Starz, the story reveals that it was third party observer of the boy struggling to his feet to stand for the anthem and THAT third party being moved by it and subsequently posting it.

You can get more detail on her motives and feelings if your were to read the story cited in the Source.

Apparently, the people roaming around buying snacks, on their phones, etc. did not impact the the third party to a point that she felt compelled to mention it.

I'm delighted that you are likely to stand for the national anthem.

I'm appalled that NFL players are so self absorbed so as to dis their country by kneeling.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Starz, the story reveals that it was third...

They aren't dissing their country at all. They have the right to kneel, stand the same as you or I do. We live in a free country, and that's what freedom means.

We kneel when we pray, are we dissing God because of it? I think not.

Again, none of this would have happened if Trump had stayed out of it.... but as usual the bully had to step in and cause problems....it didn't solve one thing, except prove that Trump is the proverbial bully.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “They aren't dissing their country at all...

This is going to come as a surprise then.
The WHOLE controversy is about the players disrespect of the anthem, country, military.

Whether the players have a right to disregard NFL policy or not has not been determined as yet.

The rights of American citizens including football fans, police, fire, military personnel who find the kneeling to be disrespectful is unquestioned.

Referee's have already ruled that prayer was a violation of the NFL’s rule governing celebrations.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “This is going to come as a surprise then. The...

No it wasn't, that's what Trump wanted you to believe, and you fell for it. One player knelt, was fired and that should have been the end of it. But Trump had to interfere for attention as usual, and it has now become a whole different subject.

I guess you're OK with Trump calling the NFL players...S.O.B's. What about Peyton Manning, or the other white football players.

Trump needs to be doing his job as a president, instead he's embroiled in scandal after scandal. Lies all the time, and if he was so concerned about the military, why did he take deferments.... he doesn't give a darn about you, me or our country. Disses John McCain, and now going after John Brennan.

Trump is turning into a dictator, that's for sure.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “No it wasn't, that's what Trump wanted you to...

I knew exactly what to believe back when Kapernick first took a knee - and so did the fans present at the game that incessantly booed his sorry ****. His BS story about protesting police brutality made no sense then and it doesn't today.
You go to a football game to protest?
He's paid was paid to play football.
He can protest on his own time.
He and all the other players had the whole off season to schedule protests and what ever. Some actually DID!
Not on the clock though. That is not the product the fans pay to see.

This isn't about Trump.
I'm OK with anyone calling the kneelers SOB's!
Don't disrespect my anthem and flag!

Tell me Starz, are the players so stupid so as to not understand that they are **** people off? Or do they not care?

Please take your Trump trash talk elsewhere.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I knew exactly what to believe back when...

This is a free country, something which you do not understand by your stupid comment to me. Once someone disagrees with you, then out comes the trash talking, this time aimed at me. Pathetic.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “This is a free country, something which you...

Oh well, I guess it's time to block me again!
When you talk trash, you need to accept being called on it. The president turning into a dictator? I should just let that roll?

Starz, if you can't take it - don't dish it out.

Unless you happen to be an NFL player yourself, there's no reason for you to take offense. [Unless, you're simply looking to be offended. Many on the left are.]

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Oh well, I guess it's time to block me...

I'm not offended by what the NFL players are doing, I'm more concerned about what Trump is doing to our country, you should be as well.

No, I won't block you.... believe what you want, and so will I.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I'm not offended by what the NFL players are...

Trump is not the topic of this post, but I am concerned about what Trump is doing! And all the flak he's taking for doing it!

I'm delighted with 99% of what Trump has accomplished. Friends and neighbors back at work, businesses opening, hiring people, working people with more money in their pockets, lowest unemployment numbers ever [in some sectors]. Unnecessary regulations that had been strangling business for decades taken out of the way. Unprecedented meetings with leaders of countries that have historically enemies, with the promise of peace on the horizon. Knocking a few heads around the world to wake them up to the unfairness of NATO and trade - also with promising futures. Judicial appointments out the wazoo! Good judges to follow the law and constitution!

Yes, he said 'pussy' 30 years ago in a private conversation. I can get over that.

Nearly two years of investigation by the best in the business have turned up nothing on Trump / Russia collusion and NOBODY can demonstrate how a single vote was changed. Now, the investigator made up a lot of stuff along the way, but none of it stuck.

Yup, Trump is a really good president in my book.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Trump is not the topic of this post, but I am...

Yeah, those unnecessary regulations, like food safety have caused more recalls than I've seen ever. The trade war has cost soy bean farmers in the midwest to lose 50% of their income. In Ca, Kern county is one of the largest exporters in the country and the tariffs on table grapes, cherries, and almonds have farmers there have taken a 26% cut in their income. Prescription prices are going through the roof, insulin prices have gone up 500% since Chump became president. Some 26 yr old guy died last week because he couldn't afford the high cost of his insulin. What happened to trump and his promise to LOWER drug costs? Another lie? Glad you're happy bud, but there are a lot of people suffering due to trump's ineptitude, but I guess you're ok with that, as long as you are profiting.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Yeah, those unnecessary regulations, like...

Amen....you nailed it and him as well. Anyone that is OK with what Trump is doing, is completely ignoring the incompetency and ignorance of this president.

All the lies he tells every day, all the scandals every day, his love for Putin. The pettiness and corruption in the White House is astounding. And now he wants to silence the press.... shaking my head

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Congress created this broken system, and it will take an act of Congress to undo it.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Congress created this broken system, and it...

That's a good little Trumpler bud, if something good happens in the country, give Trump the credit, but if there is a problem, blame Congress. You are very good at toeing the party line there bud, is the trump organization paying you for your loyalty?

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “That's a good little Trumpler bud, if...

Well Flanders, I gotta call 'em like I see 'em.

Look at the bright side - I didn't blame Obama for Obamacare!

And no, my loyalty is not for sale.
[I know those words must sound foreign to leftists that wonder 'what's in it for me' when considering doing the right thing.]

Budwick Budwick OP

Sure, blame someone else, your master has taught you well!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Sure, blame someone else, your master has...

You're joking, right?

Or, you honestly suggesting that the president step beyond the bounds of the office for the sake of expediency?

Budwick Budwick OP

****. The strong economy started under Obama. He is the president who inherited a recession and he is the president who pulled us out of that recession.

Lower unemployment for blacks started under Obama, no matter how hard Trump beats his chest.

His "meetings" have not gone as Trump has lied about. NK is still involved in weapon making and testing, and Russia is still meddling in our election. His bombings of Syria have done absolutely nothing.

Trump is seen as a joke on the world stage.

dru18 dru18

In response to “****. The strong economy started under Obama...

Are you sure?
Maybe it was James Buchanan's policies finally kicking in!

Budwick Budwick OP

No, Budwick, I am sorry, but the vast majority of people are not bothered by the kneeling.

dru18 dru18

In response to “No, Budwick, I am sorry, but the vast...

I wonder if Bud was OK with Trump dissing LeBron James? ummm..... a hero to a lot of people in Ohio?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I wonder if Bud was OK with Trump dissing...

Of course he was.

Budwick has already spun that embarrassment into something noble that was meant to bring this country to the peak of greatness by his wonderful 'master' president.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Of course he was. Budwick has already spun...

It just amazes me that some can't see through what the president is doing to our country. Even today and Admiral spoke out against Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m71vJiwyGnw

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “It just amazes me that some can't see through...

Ooops another one just made his enemy list.

They don't want to, Starz. He is like the second coming to them.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Ooops another one just made his enemy list...

I guess you're right. Another enemy, too bad the Republican Congress won't step up to the plate and censor Trump.

Now there's talk that Trump might revoke the security clearances for Mueller and his staff to shut down the investigation. I sure hope that doesn't happen. If Trump is so innocent why is he doing everything possible to shut it down.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I guess you're right. Another enemy, too...

If Trump is so guilty, why charge him with something;
something there is evidence for though.
We've really had enough of the false charges, empty accusations.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “If Trump is so guilty, why charge him with...

We have 13 Russians indicted in connection with colluding, we have Manaford who will probably die in prison, we have Gates who is cooperating. And we have weasel Donnie who has lied about the meeting.

I would say Mueller has gotten farther at this stage in the investigation than Starr had, and we let Star finish.

We are going to let Mueller finish as well.

dru18 dru18

In response to “We have 13 Russians indicted in connection...

When the indicted Russians agreed to come to court Mueller backed off, said he wasn't ready, they they were not properly indicted.

Manafort charges are not at all related to Trump.

Biggest Manafort trial news is that the judge is getting death threats! Probably those damned Russians, eh?

What else you got?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “When the indicted Russians agreed to come to...

LMOA!! No, Budwick, they did not agree to come over here and meet with Mueller. Now stop lying.

And Manafort was an important key player in the Trump campaign. Remember; Trumps surrounds himself with only the "Best people"!

dru18 dru18

In response to “LMOA!! No, Budwick, they did not agree to...

Do you like eating crow?
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/14/...ion/index.html

Manafort was with Trump campaign MAYBE two months. Charges on him have nothing to do with Trump - NOTHING.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Do you like eating...

You don't know that, nobody does.

dru18 dru18

In response to “You don't know that, nobody does.

I DO know that!
EVERYBODY does.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I DO know that! EVERYBODY does.

Uh, Budwick, your spin is starting to sputter out. We have Cohen to thank for that.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Uh, Budwick, your spin is starting to sputter...

Well, I guess everybody except you.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Do you like eating...

Manafort was trumps campaign manager for just over 5 months, and very critical months they were. During that time trump and Manafort were basically connected at the hip. Manafort is the person largely responsible for securing the nomination for trump.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Manafort was trumps campaign manager for just...

It was actually a little short of two months, but let's not split hairs.

Anything regarding Russian collusion? Anything at all?
Damn, that's got to be frustrating for you.

Oh well, go back to your fake celebration celebrating things that didn't happen but you are wishing really hard will.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “It was actually a little short of two months...

The investigation started with collusion, but since it has turned up so many other criminal activities by trump and his band of felons, do you suggest they just be overlooked and not further investigated?
By your thinking, the illegal who murdered poor Mollie was here illegally, that should be what the story is. Poor Mollie's murder should just be overlooked since it is outside the scope of what you consider the real problem.
You republicans really are a heartless, godless bunch aren't you? Only interested in profits and could care less about what is right.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “The investigation started with collusion, but...

What crimes by Trump?
Name one.
Trump's right, it's always been a witch hunt.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “What crimes by Trump? Name one. Trump's...

Oh, look them up yourself buddie, I have to get to work, see, I'm productive and unlike you, don't have time to sit around all day pounding out hatred on a keyboard.
Enjoy your day wallowing in your hatred of anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Oh, look them up yourself buddie, I have to...

I've been looking as long as Mueller and haven't found a thing.

I don't hate you Flanders. I pity you! I bet you're a nice person, just caught up in thrashing political frustration.

Have a great, productive day at work!

Budwick Budwick OP

And let's not forget the fact that the man responsible for Molly's murder was hired illegally by a Rich Republican farmer.

dru18 dru18

Manafort found guilty on 8 counts, as soon as the verdict came in, Cohen runs in and pleads guilty. Cohen is directly tied to Chump.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Manafort found guilty on 8 counts, as soon as...

Wow! You are like a super sleuth Columbo!
Cohen was Trumps lawyer - yes, he is connected to Trump. [Whew, glad to help you break the secret code!]

Budwick Budwick OP

Actually Budwick was annoyed with LeBron James claiming that the president used the kneeling incidents to divide the country - When in fact as any doorknob knows, it's the kneeling itself that has caused the division. That and the fairy tale spinning left.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Actually Budwick was annoyed with LeBron...

Guess what, Budwick. The "fairytale" just took a turn to reality.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Guess what, Budwick. The "fairytale"...

I know!

The reality is that Mueller is no closer to dumping Trump than he was Nov 8, 2016!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I know! The reality is that Mueller is no...

"Dumping Trump"? You mean convicting Trump. And yes, Tuesday is the beginning of the end for the orange blob that occupies the White House.

dru18 dru18

Well Budwick, we could go back one further and say it was the police's brutal treatment in this country levied at young black males that caused the KNEELING in the first place.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Well Budwick, we could go back one further...

Go back even one step FURTHER!

Was it young black, white, hispanic, Asian males getting caught doing bad things and not listening to police that got them shot?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Go back even one step FURTHER! Was it young...

No, Budwck, it wasn't. In fact, far too many times it is a UNarmed young person.

dru18 dru18

In response to “No, Budwck, it wasn't. In fact, far too many...

I know that sometimes that id the case. Of course the police officers don't KNOW he's unarmed when he reached in his waistband or pockets after being told to raise his hands.

Tell the WHOLE story Dru. That's what counts. Blaming police for phuck ups made by civilians accomplishes nothing. They're not going to abolish the police - ain't gonna happen.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I know that sometimes that id the case. Of...

**** as usual, Budwick. Many times that is the case. And the police always get away with it.

dru18 dru18

Well, you could ask.

I'll save your the trouble.
I think LeBron stepped in ti when he claimed that Trump was using sports to divide us. When in fact it is the NFL players using sports to divide us.

All Trump did was smack back at spoiled brat LeBron.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Well, you could ask. I'll save your the...

"Spoiled brat LeBron"? Are you high? That spoiled brat just opened a school up for children. He didn't have to use his celebrity or his money for that, but he did.

Trump is the spoiled brat,(daddy had to help him out) and always has been.

dru18 dru18

In response to “"Spoiled brat LeBron"? Are you high?...

LeBron is a punk.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “LeBron is a punk.

Aww, don't be too jealous, Budwick.

dru18 dru18

I'm not sorry.

According to Rolling Stone -
"72% of Americans are against the kneeling, sitting form or protest – which has been creeping up in coverage – is, in fact, from a September 2016 Reuters poll in which 72% of responders said they found it to be “unpatriotic” while 61% disagreed with the protest itself. Meanwhile, a SurveyMonkey poll from the same time reported that 44% didn’t support Kaepernick’s protest compared to 29% who did and 27% who were unsure.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I'm not sorry. According to Rolling Stone -...

Are those results before or after trump began stirring the pot and making a big deal out of nothing? Remember, trump hates the NFL because they wouldn't let him into their club and he blames the NFL for his bankrupting the USFL, or whatever the league was called.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Are those results before or after trump began...

Perhaps.
So, there are people that would change their mind on patriotism based on what some one else thinks?

I think that's what the media calls 'independent thinking'.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Perhaps. So, there are people that would...

I think trump's supporters will do whatever trump tells them to do.
I don't see protesting as unpatriotic. Personally, I think taking a knee during the anthem is not getting them anywhere, but they do have the right to kneel if that is what they want to do.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “I think trump's supporters will do whatever...

Well, that's just silly!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Well, that's just silly!

hmmm, well bud, if the shoe fits...

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “hmmm, well bud, if the shoe fits...

Fits?
There's not even a damned shoe!~

Protesting in general is not unpatriotic.

Protesting during the national anthem is.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Fits? There's not even a damned...

Why? Is it unpatriotic for the people wandering around the stadium at the snack bar, or texting on their phones during the anthem also?
I'm an American, I'm loyal to America, always have been, but I just don't feel the need to pledge my loyalty on a daily basis.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Why? Is it unpatriotic for the people...

Yes Flanders, IMO everybody should stand, face the flag, hand over the heart - the whole schpeil. Of course your straw man is not the issue, it's the NFL players not people buying slurpees.

How you feel or don't feel about your personal loyalty isn't the point either. And, the players don't play everyday either.

When they DO, they're 'on the clock', last I heard the wishy washy NFL said they are supposed to stand.

If the NFL chooses not to enforce their own rules and risk losing even more fans - that's up to them.

Budwick Budwick OP

Trump doesn't seem to have a problem with people waving Confederate or Nazi flags or wearing "I'd rather be a Russian " T-shirts at his rallies. But taking a knee is unpatriotic. His priorities are all messed up, just like he is.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Trump doesn't seem to have a problem with...

Which liberal rag has reported that?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Which liberal rag has reported that?

It's common knowledge....

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “It's common knowledge....

Well Ms. Common, then you also know that the flags were not at a Trump rally at all. They were at some white nationalist rally in Charlottesville.

The T-shirts made by and worn by two people at a Trump rally said it was a joke - the two men, said they didn’t really mean they’d rather live in Russia.

“We were just fooling around,” James “Tim” Alicie, a 60-year-old Delaware, Ohio, auto body shop owner.

They got what they wanted - you are angry and upset.

Budwick Budwick OP

When will the republican traitors in this country come to their senses and turn against Trump?

And who the heck is Flanders?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “When will the republican traitors in this...

And there it is!
Why haven't patriotic American Deplorable Dum **** Citizens turned against Trump?

Because sweet Starz - Trump has done everything we voted him into office to do! And, he's taken a lot of undeserved flak for it too! [Some flak was deserved - he is obnoxious at times.]

I don't who Flanders is. Some whacky leftist all I know.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Why?

Why is protesting during the national anthem unpatriotic?

Seriously? You understand the word patriotic, right?

Budwick Budwick OP

I noticed that too no matter how crazy.

SynysterSissy

In response to “I noticed that too no matter how...

Ya know what Xather?
I just noticed that your banter with Starz is very much like a previous Amirite user.
You know, commenting back and forth in a derogatory way about another user as if it was private conversation.
Do you remember who that was?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Ya know what Xather? I just noticed that your...

I don't remember, why don't you tell us who you are accusing this time?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I don't remember, why don't you tell us who...

Oh man, I don't remember its name. A girl I think - or some guy feeling fluffy. Always with some goofy looking duck lipped selfie avatar - you certainly remember, right?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Oh man, I don't remember its name. A girl I...

I'm sure you remember the witch hunt that went on by two of your buddies, who in fact were and are much worse than she ever was.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I'm sure you remember the witch hunt that...

Mueller is NOT my buddy.
His witch hunt is all his.

Budwick Budwick OP

Please tell me. I love it when y'all get jealous. I can share my friends but you have to learn to be nice.

SynysterSissy

In response to “Please tell me. I love it when y'all get...

hahah that's impossible, he doesn't understand nice. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Tell you what?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Tell you what?

Tell me your secrets. I want to hear them.

SynysterSissy

In response to “Tell me your secrets. I want to hear them.

I just BET you do!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I just BET you do!

I like getting to know my latest bff better.

SynysterSissy

In response to “I like getting to know my latest bff better.

Well, good luck with that!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Well, good luck with that!

Is it because you talk in circles? You are hard to figure sometimes.

SynysterSissy

In response to “Is it because you talk in circles? You are...

I think we should see other people.

Budwick Budwick OP

Really Budwick? You fixate on a player's performance during the National Anthem?

dru18 dru18

In response to “Really Budwick? You fixate on a player's...

Our buddie has lots of fixations.

SynysterSissy

I didn't see that in the Rolling Stones article.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I didn't see that in the Rolling Stones article.

Well try reading something else for education best buddie. Widen your horizons!

SynysterSissy

I'm not angry or upset, Buddie, just stated the facts, although you seem rather upset with the facts. Those Nazi flag waving white supremacists are mighty fine people, just ask Trumpo!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I'm not angry or upset, **Buddie**, just...

Starz, please share some of those 'facts',
cuz most of what you write is made up baloney.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Starz, please share some of those...

Don't play dumb with me, you'd have to be blind and deaf not to know what Trump has said about Charlottesville and the white supremacists.

I've noticed that every time I hit a nerve, the truth, then you start trying to demean me. I don't write baloney, I leave that up to you. You can't stand to hear the truth about your "beloved master" the most corrupt president we have ever had. And you being a Christian, how can you live with yourself, being OK with all the things that Trump has done. Shame, shame on you.

No need to comment...

Have a nice day.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Don't play dumb with me, you'd have to be...

Yes, I know what he said, and I know the mischaracterization you are struggling to make.

On the day of last year's Charlottesville rally where a counter protester was killed, Trump made brief public remarks about the incident.

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides," Trump said.

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans," Trump said.

He said there was blame on both sides and seemed to equate the actions of the counter protesters with those of the white nationalists.

"You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides," Trump said.

And THAT is what you equate with love of NAzis and white nationalists.

I've noticed that you rarely if ever include actual fact, quotes, citations. And when challenged, you rarely if ever include actual fact, quotes, citations.

I understand - you don't like Trump. I bet you can express those feelings AND include actual fact, quotes, citations to support your position and hold the baloney!

And, what's up with you blocking JohnW for upvoting the same comment YOU upvoted?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Yes, I know what he said, and I know the...

Somebody got blocked? Stop the presses!!!!

Someone got blocked. Someone got blocked. Someone got blocked.

SynysterSissy

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5b7d70f69a1...

There was a point to be missed?

SynysterSissy

In response to “There was a point to be missed?

Amazing!

The point was missed again!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Amazing! The point was missed again!

It's ok Buddie. You'll catch on.

SynysterSissy

There once were three liberal wusses,
Who loved to eat spoiled Charlotte Russes.
Their constant malark-
Ey fell short of the mark,
Like unto these bumbling pusses.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “//There once were three liberal...

Oh man - those are some of the funniest GIFs ever.

That first one - kitty wasn't trying near hard enough.
#2 - Well, kitty just fell in the trap.
#3 reminds me of one of our pups that thought he could fly too!

Thanks for finding humor in the left antics.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Somebody got blocked? Stop the...

Darn, I forgot to ask for permission to block. I'm so sad.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Darn, I forgot to ask for permission to...

That's actually pretty cute on a teeny baby.
On an older lady - not so much.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “That's actually pretty cute on a teeny...

I guess you know a lot about older women, since you're married to one.

Actually that graphic was sent to me by ChuckTom, so maybe you should be dissing him, you think?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I guess you know a lot about older women...

I'm sorry to have confused you.
I said the GIF is actually cute.
That's not a dis.

Yeah, I know stuff about older men and women.
I think they're pretty cool for the most part.

Whiny, crying, hysterical behavior is understandable for babies and toddlers. Older people - not so much.

Budwick Budwick OP

Buddie should accept the aging process since it's happened to him too. But the brain is still trying to master building blocks. That is where he will need encouragement.

SynysterSissy

In response to “Buddie should accept the aging process since...

lol Some people really have a problem with ages. Some of the most elderly people are the smartest....John McCain for instance. Too bad can't say the same thing about Trumpo. Hmmmm why aren't they dissing Trump? lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

And that is where he blew it. Thanks for pointing that out to us, Budwick.

dru18 dru18

In response to “He said there was blame on both sides and...

What's the problem?
Do some people think differently than you?

THOSE bastards! They should know that democrats are the chief of the thought police!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “What's the problem? Do some people think...

Budwick, please stop being lame by trying to impress the ONE person who ever up votes you.

dru18 dru18

He considers himself a Christian? Now that's a stretch

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “He considers himself a Christian? Now that's...

Even quotes scriptures.... shameful.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Even quotes scriptures.... shameful.

Shhh! He'll hear you publicly dissing him

[TOS - Any rudeness, abuse or harassment towards other users, moderators and/or administrators or other staff will not be tolerated and will lead to your account being suspended and your access to the website being removed.]

Have a lovely day.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Shhh! He'll hear you publicly dissing...

You should practice what you preach.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

You read the TOS Bud? (chew)

SynysterSissy

In response to “You read the TOS Bud? (chew)

It's far more interesting than what many people are writing as posts and comments!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “It's far more interesting than what many...

You just need more practice Buddie. You are amongst friends here.

SynysterSissy

I could never understand why American's mix in the national anthem with entertainment. NFL isn't any different than artists playing in concerts, big screen movie stars, or even sports like Curling, Skiing, Beach volleyball etc ...

NFL is entertainment that involves some players that beat their wives, abuse drugs etc. Do you respect a player that stands during the anthem but abuses drugs and beats his wife? Cause there's a lot of them in the NFL, just saying.

The only thing I care about when i comes to NFL payers, is that when a receiver makes millions of dollars, he better catch that ball, because that's what he's paid to do. No different then when I go to a concert, they better put on a hell of a show, because that's what they are paid to do. Again, it's only entertainment, nothing more.

BTW, this statement was said by an Amiriter from the UK not long ago.

JMHO from an outsider Bud ...

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I could never understand why American's mix...

But, they DO play the anthem.
And, when it's played there is decorum, protocol, company rules, etc.

Budwick Budwick OP

You'd see a story exactly like this from North Korea's propaganda apparatus except instead of the national anthem it'd be something about one of the Kims

DWF DWF

In response to “You'd see a story exactly like this from...

That's right, rev. Sports are just that....entertainment.
And the anthem is about the flag. How do all these protest protesters feel about the millions of folks that have flag clothing, businesses and homes flying faded and frayed flags, flags that are disposed of improperly, every day?
The anthem should be eliminated from all sporting events except when teams are competing for world cups or the olympics.

Carla Carla

In response to “That's right, rev. Sports are just...

"The anthem should be eliminated from all sporting events except when teams are competing for world cups or the Olympics."

Exactly!!! I didn't want to offend my Americans friends with my statement, but I feel the same here in Canada. I don't want to sing or stand during our O Canada anthem at hockey and football games. I don't see the connection with those two sports and the flag.

I do it out of respect, that's all.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “"The anthem should be eliminated from all...

"I do it out of respect, that's all."

--Thank you, respect. R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Too much to ask for from players?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “"I do it out of respect, that's...

Yeah, can't expect much from some players.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Yeah, can't expect much from some players.

Sadly, I think you are right.

Budwick Budwick OP

So the real problem is playing the national anthem, a long time tradition at many sporting events, to assuage misbehaving players?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “So the //real// problem is playing the...

No....you mentioned above of all the media airplay. But you have to know that is prompted by trumps admonishing tweets.

What you do is eliminate the practice or ignore the people you dont agree with.
!!!
It's a free country, after all.

Carla Carla

In response to “No....you mentioned above of all the media...

I heard ESPN is concerned over their loss of viewership over the whole mess. They are considering their own solution - to not put cameras on the players or the field during the anthem.

That would kind of mask the problem. I mean it's still there, but only fans on site would see it.

Naturally everyone of those fans have phones so they could post stuff on line - but Twitter and Facebook can always censor any right leaning post - so I guess all the kneeling will still be available to see if you want to go to the trouble.

Budwick Budwick OP

BTW - I don't think Trump has as much impact on this issue as you think. Frankly, I don't think he should be weighing in on the matter. It's football.

But, it's a free country, after all.

Budwick Budwick OP

That's an interesting idea!

I wonder if the NFL players thought of that!

Budwick Budwick OP

I agree, it should only be played at world cups and Olympics...although most athletic competitions where they can win gold, silver and bronze medals between countries, they do play the national anthem when they give out the medals..

JD JD

In response to “I agree, it should only be played at world...

Hey, stranger!:)

Carla Carla

In response to “Hey, stranger!:)

Hi kiddo, just thought I would have a month break....I've come back nice and relaxed..how have you been...

JD JD

In response to “Hi kiddo, just thought I would have a month...

Alright. Im glad you're back. Been rather quiet around here. Then again...i have been enjoying our warm summer, so i reckon i really dont know:]

Carla Carla

In response to “Alright. Im glad you're back. Been rather...

At least while I was away, a few people unblocked me and so it's like having new members...hehe, glad you are enjoying the sun, we have been having a great summer..

JD JD

I don't think anyone would stand for a Kim video at an NFL game.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I don't think anyone would stand for a Kim...

Now you're just being disingenuous

DWF DWF

In response to “Now you're just being disingenuous

I see.

But comparing playing the national anthem at a football game with North Korea's propaganda apparatus
is a straight up / honest comparison?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I see. But comparing playing the national...

Except playing the national anthem isn't the point of comparison, it's the valorization of acts that don't actually do anything but show a devotion to the state in order to denounce anyone who expresses grievances.

DWF DWF

In response to “Except playing the national anthem isn't the...

The national anthem isn't the point?
It's the valorization ?
And how is the state being valorized if not by playing the anthem?

DWF - you need to study up on your socialism. You know - you could gain rapid understanding of socialist principles in action if you were to take a two week vacation in Venezuela. If you lived, and were allowed to leave, you would be really smart on the topic.

Let me know if you open a Go-Fund Me for that. I will contribute!

Budwick Budwick OP