• Topics:Religion
  • Featured on the home page on Aug 27th 2018
  • Post Of The Day on Aug 18th 2018

Yes

DW2Tanor_FauxMazeSunny_the_skeptic

No

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredLussMotionlessdeusvult

Other

SofiaWill_JanitorZonkeyBallsSynysterGates

PhilboydStudgeWill_JanitorMazeZonkeyBallsSynysterGates
Did God Create Cancer?

If God is real then yes

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

It's a star sign.

I'm a Gemini. Just as my dual-sided personality might reveal. Then again, I'm also a Fire Dragon and a strong number four.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “It's a star sign. I'm a Gemini. Just as my...

You would be a Gemini. Though two faces would be tame. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “You would be a Gemini. Though two faces would...

My reflection is way uglier than I am. Just ask the mirror. Darkly.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “My reflection is way uglier than I am. Just...

Depending on what the third and fourth decide. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

If God is real then yes

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “If God is real then yes

If so then the next logical question is “Was it a Mistake?” And is An all knowing God capable of making a mistake?

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “If so then the next logical question is...

Unlikely and no, an all knowing god shouldn't be making mistakes.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

"I have created the waster to destroy." -God
Isaiah 54:16

Maze Maze

In response to “"I have created the waster to...

If god can make mistakes then he's not perfect, if he's not perfect then we're all screwed. The only way I can explain our world is if it's random and no one is looking out for us.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “If God is real then yes

God gave man a free will. We poisen our oceans,our food and our air with chemicals.We start wars,murder rape and rob.It's all our doing.Not his.

hootowl hootowl

In response to “God gave man a free will. We poisen our...

This excuse always, if god existed and if god created us then he is imperfect for creating us this way. Did we create viruses, bacteria, parasites? Did we create cancer? If there is such a thing as a god then it's either malevolent or horrible at their job.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “This excuse always, if god existed and if god...

Yes,we created all those things.If we behaved ourselves.We would be living in the ''Garden of Eden.''

hootowl hootowl

In response to “Yes,we created all those things.If we behaved...

We didn't create those things. What an evil God to punish all people for what? You mean babies with leukemia did something bad? Why dont war criminals and murderers get cancer if we get what we deserve? If what you're saying is true then god is a psychopath.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “We didn't create those things. What an evil...

The Devil is a Psychopath.

hootowl hootowl

In response to “The Devil is a Psychopath.

The devil was once an angel, a comfortable scapegoat too.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I don't know, but I still haven't forgiven him for mosquitos. 😊

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Right? :)

The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist,'" says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “The argument goes something like this: "I...

Or simply dies to prove the point. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “I don't know, but I still haven't forgiven...

Me neither, death to the little blood suckers!

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Yes, I suppose God did create cancer. He created all things.

The follow up question of is - Why?
I don't know.

I do know that the Bible tells us that God is always with us through life's problems, and that he will never leave us or forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:8). But he never promised a life free from pain or suffering.

“For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. ” (James ‪4:14).

I should do today the things that have lasting value. I should stop to hear people’s stories. I should spend time—unhurried and undistracted—with my wife, kids, and grandkids. I should be present with the people God brings into my life. I should take each day as a gift from his hand.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Yes, I suppose God did create cancer. He...

So yes. God created a disease that causes both innocent children and adults to waste away. Painfully. Literally. Probably some reason still worthy of worship. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “So yes. God created a disease that causes...

Sounds like you're hurting DW2.
I'm very sorry for your pain.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Sounds like you're hurting DW2. I'm very...

Not hunting this time brother. Just witnessing a whole lot of hurt without consequence nor reason. And honestly wondering given the current state how anybody can worship a God who can allow pain to exist so frivolously.

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “Not hunting this time brother. Just...

I’ve actually become a decent contributor to the CMN. However ironic that is.

DW2 DW2 OP

Again, I'm sorry for the hurt you are feeling.
It honestly wouldn't be any easier to understand if it were only a small amount of hurt.

My love of God thankfully isn't dependent upon who good life feels for me. I try to keep my love and trust in Him steadfast. It's more difficult I admit in difficult times.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Again, I'm sorry for the hurt you are...

I respect that. Even if I will never understand.

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “I respect that. Even if I will never understand.

And I respect your sorrow.

Budwick Budwick

So.. just an existential crisis then? (cool)

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “So.. just an existential crisis then? (cool)

Not even a crisis. It’s like watching a B movie with no real plot. Decent actors, but horrible writing. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

No, mankind did.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “No, mankind did.

Admittedly humans make stupid decisions that can be a contributing factor. That being said are we as a species responsible for all the animals in the wild who die from cancer? Then the bigger question: “Shouldn’t an all knowing, all powerful God” simply stop it?

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “Admittedly humans make stupid decisions that...

“Shouldn’t an all knowing, all powerful God” simply stop it"... You would hope that would be the case, but it's not.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

“Shouldn't an all knowing, all powerful God simply stop it?"

Not God's style, we have free will. What God will do is give us insight and inspiration that leads to cures. Then people suppress those cures because profit is more important to them than the well being of others. So I guess you could say that cancer is part of a lesson humanity has yet to learn.

Maze Maze

I'll answer you this way

Nowhere on this world has the human mind been able to understand everything in the universe. Sometimes we get boggled just by trying to think of some new idea. For example, if I traveled too far down the road of possibility, you'd soon get lost in the morass called confusion because the distinctions fall quickly into the abstract.

That's why people the world over have always personified their deities. It brings the concept of god down to the level that a mere mortal can understand.

Human minds have always made up stories about the divine beings that bring reason and purpose to their lives.

Folks the world over can tell you stories about what their god thinks, what he likes, what he doesn't like. They can even tell you what that means and the consequences if your actions don't line up with the deity's expectations of you.

Once the stories make it to book form, the collection becomes known as The Word of God or allah or Budda

The Ojibwa didn't develop a system of writing so that's why you, dear reader, it's possible you don't give our stories credence.

So over all the years, over the entire world, people have been making up stories about a divine being. And of course our egocentric minds are sure that OUR story is true and that the stories of others are myths.

It takes a being with unfathomable powers to envision the possibility of EVERYTHING and then to bring it all into existence.

Ojibwa call this being Kitchi-Manitou - the Great Mystery

it's not the answer you may have been looking for
it's ok
I had a NUN who thought I was some sort of forest demon on 2 legs that needed the ruler stick....

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Does it hurt so much to admit you don't know? The bible says something very different from the baloney that people make up.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Only three occasions of creation.

Isaiah 43:7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Those three words do not mean the same thing. If they did, the verse would have said "I created him, I created him, I created him." God did not create all living things. For instance, He commanded the Earth to produce fish and birds. (He created soul for whales and birds, but not fish.) No, God formed the body, just pushed it into shape. He had already created soul, and you can only create something once, so He made another soul for man. Then He created man in His image. God is a spirit; his image is another spirit. A&E had spirit. It was the spirit that died when they ate the forbidden fruit. That's why a savior had to be sent to make it possible for mankind to have spirit again.

Nobody ever explained that to you, did they?

that_guy that_guy

In response to “Does it hurt so much to admit you don't know?...

Well explained! :) Almost as Cool as the Scientologists who believe people are possessed by the spirits of Aliens who died in a huge volcano..... .... ........

DW2 DW2 OP

To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it. (Deuteronomy 10:14)

He is the God who made the world and everything in it.
(Acts 17:24)

Maze Maze

There's the side of nature that creates and the side of nature that destroys. Is only one side necessary? Life as we know it could not exist without death.

Cancer is a terrible disease, but there have been many cures given to us. It's not God who's been suppressing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWLrfNJICeM

Maze Maze

I don't believe in God. Biology is a complex thing, and parasites, virus and all that stuff is a part of it.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “I don't believe in God. Biology is a complex...

You can imagine a Creator not existing?

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “You can imagine a Creator not existing?

As in a "deity"? Sure. That's reality to me.

Sofia Sofia

Some people still debate if viruses are alive. It's super weird, they have DNA and proteins but outside a host organism they show absolutely no signs of life.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Some people still debate if viruses are...

I didn't know that was an issue.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “I didn't know that was an issue.

It's not, just a boring by the way fact.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic