Many scientists would rather be wrong than uncertain. Science advances because supporters of old theories die and are replaced by supporters of new theories. In the meantime, many scientists support their theories by insulting the opposition and sabotaging their grants, rather than refuting their science.

Agree

Will_Janitor

Disagree

Nobody :(

Poopyhead!

Nobody :(

You're under arrest!

small

Other

DandyDonJanHaskellFyrefoxZonkeyBalls

DandyDonBozetteWill_JanitorZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGates

I worked with scientists for about the last 30 years of my career. Nearly all of the research was funded by grants. Fortunately, each of them was diligently seeking the truth. I never heard them criticize others for having opposing theories. (a)

JanHaskell JanHaskell

If I ever had an even semi-intelligent thing to say, I already would've used that option by now.

Instead... I don't really get the scientific community as such, since it's like a sandbox for little children to play with their supposedly mighty toys, when they aren't anything more than plastic.

I find anybody clever enough to do so and yet not daring to do so, quite inapedt. We all know, that there are flaws to the so cleanly put E=mc2. It doesn't cover even a half of it. But since we are sheep... Baaaaaaaaaaaa.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Grants can sometimes twist scientific results to please the granter..

Not saying all scientist are crooked but don't piss on the sidewalk and try to convince me it's raining..

Just because someone wears a white coat to work, doesn't mean they have all the answers...or that the answers they have are even right.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Grants can sometimes twist scientific results...

I just hate the way they put completely unnecessary images to the video's description, which then again causes most people to go just "pffffffffft". Most of the videos I publish have nothing to do with the fantastical images they show up at the what-nots.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I just hate the way they put completely...

Yea they like to use click bait..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Yea they like to use click bait..

My baits don't usually click that often...

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

JanHaskell JanHaskell

In response to “I worked with scientists for about the last...

Point out that the sun can't be powered by fusion because it's hotter on the outside than the inside. Count the people who insult you.

Point out that dark matter was invented in 1938 by Ian Oort specifically to fudge his data to agree with his theories. Count the people who insult you.

Point out that Edwin Hubble never suggested any cause of the red shift that he saw, and he did not formulate the constant that bears his name. Count the people who insult you.

that_guy that_guy OP

In response to “Point out that the sun can't be powered by...

I have a lot of theories I would like to have my name to put on, before the big C comes and collects me.

How scientific they are? Well... I don't have a phD, but Einstein was just a patent clerk, so...

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

At my age, I only count my blessings! Counting insults isn't on my to-do list. (hehe)

JanHaskell JanHaskell

When you say things like that it's no wonder you're challenged

The Sun is powered by fusion it just doesn't fuse hydrogen directly into helium. The core is not hot enough for fusion but fusion occurs by quantum tunneling. As the theory goes.

Of course dark matter was invented. That's because 85% of the matter in the universe is missing.

Hubble suggested that there was a linear relationship between red shift and distance. A galaxy with twice the red shift was twice as far away.

If you find that insulting there's little I can do.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “When you say things like that it's no wonder...

"When you say things like that it's no wonder you're challenged"

See what I mean?

that_guy that_guy OP

There has been a problem for quite some time with researchers falsifying their research results to confirm their theories. When they "claim" something is true, using bogus results, they sell books, make the news, and get more grants. Depending on the "agendas" their research supports, the falsification gets swept under the rug.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “There has been a problem for quite some time...

Even Isaac Newton fudged his data to agree with his theory of gravity.

https://www.google.com/search?q...udged+his+data

that_guy that_guy OP

Sounds like the scientists of the world and the religious leaders of the world have some things in common. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor