SofiaBlewynanifailSunny_the_skepticprimeirojoulesWill_JanitorAda

ZonkeyBalls

Piper2StarzAboveAdaWill_JanitorprimeiroBlewynanifailZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGatesMistressMom
I don't like unexpected changes.

Explained by Sofia...

I'll take the change I know it's coming or that I know it's possible, but the "surprise-****" change is not welcome. I'll still take it, obviously, but I'll curse it all along the way.

I definitely don't like sudden changes, I even get annoyed when someone tells me I should do something, hate being bossed around. I'm pretty slow on sudden changes and until I come to terms with them on my own I will keep resisting.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Some changes turn out to be for the best, but normally those are the ones you go after.
Unexpected changes are like you liking chocolate and hating skittles, and I throw one M&M until a bowl of skittles, then wish you good luck with it.

Sofia Sofia OP

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I definitely don't like sudden changes, I...

Exactly the same.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Exactly the same.

I've had a friend keep telling me to watch dragon balls and just because of that I have refused to watch it.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I've had a friend keep telling me to watch...

I've had a "friend" that didn't want me to watch Grey's Anatomy because the show was "hers", so I started watching regiously. Still one of my favourite series xD

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “I've had a "friend" that didn't want...

Seems like she used reverse psychology on you very efficiently. Gray's anatomy never gripped me, but House's grumpy jackassery and total violation of any and all medical ethics won my heart.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Seems like she used reverse psychology on you...

Nope. That wasn't reverse psychology. She really didn't want me to watch it. She did the same with some songs. Childish behaviour.
Ah, House. Now's that a jerk I like xD

Sofia Sofia OP

I don't do well with sudden change either. Old fashioned, I guess.

Rooster Rooster

Nothing comes unannounced, but we often miss the announcement.

The main culprit is thinking our plans are somehow separate from everyone else’s plans.

My technique is to not believe anything. If we believe in something, we are automatically precluded from believing its opposite.

Change is only change if we believe we were on the path. That's not to say we should not be on any path or that we should not make any plans, we should have plans; it is to say that we need to stop believing ours is the only path, and understand it is just a path, just a plan, there are infinite paths and plans all equally beautiful.

We need to see deviations from our current path as opportunities to cherish and explore.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Nothing comes unannounced, but we often miss...

For my experience, while some unexpected changes should have been expected, I would never call them opportunities to cherish and explore.

Sofia Sofia OP

That's the spirit, Vic. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

I don't like changes at all, but they happen all the time, so I live with them.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Some good comes with changes, and some times not so good ones. What will be will be.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Sometimes unexpected change we have no control over, learn to adapt then move on. Change can also be a good thing. Personally I’ve never had a problem with changes .

MistressMom MistressMom

That's one thing that I really don't like either. #ReasonsForInventingNewCurseWords

primeiro primeiro

Well, since my life is going down the craphole, any unexpected change can only be a good one.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Well, since my life is going down the...

That makes sense.

Sofia Sofia OP

Bring on any change unexpected or expected.
It keeps life interesting.
It keeps me awake and on my toes.
It promotes my ability to adapt.
Change creates something new.
Change is as good as a holiday.

vox vox

I don't like them, but usually accept them after an adjustment period. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I love changes, I find them exciting...but I don't like a brick on the back of my head...

JD JD