DHAta2sides2RyanVlissAnthonyletsgojets15Conjord2Chromanatotalxlovex3JennLauves3sophiepaperairplanecosnersxDhorses48DillonTauzinTMD_SamWaffledFlambeTroubleIsAFriendincedioelletteroboflowerilostmyshoeScarlettZozoJessicupcakeTrixieGibbsmbaqangaspazhahahSimoneByrddalleesFaeAngietabithalynnMelisieHannySuemismandyjonesNiccosuaveHettyPotteroinkCorksJmacBlubberPwnsgivememynickelbackgreendarthpotatoilovecranberriesscribblesfreddoEjvindMeganneMcnally

ThatduderushsummerszebOooolivialichjessteatenbreadKeepingcontrolamigos_amigaLarryHiabbbbieBigFlufyBalzmyearsarepaintedonAh_Nopefowfmomo5025LauraYvetteMadnessjello_says_helloShadyvvqtyoogleSergent_McCoolwillliamaphoneMikiiiLoveeeMobsterCSMerc38MahogspicenoimwrongbtwitiailwuakirewJewanBoiiEmilyPaigetannarrnatalieg10jsitikLittleFreddyvisualtacticsYaelicreepyoldmanimaginationmovers18lukes41trinakwManila101WhySoRegulusarileceeiviapingu777zanewow__xl__5151StarveEgo_FeedSoul

LazynezPandora9321vivianRACCOONninja86iamthemuseofmusekawaiiJoyStarCrackTheShuttersOvergrownTurkeychocolatecakeisbadsportyluv15DaytripperAmahia11hole_in_my_jeansPokemonthefirstTDWP_is_lovesodamnritewhatsup200claudidayNumber_33daviesischampcokezeroisgoodMiMi57Star_Fox_Elitecarolynn97sarahhhAlexCarlileThePillownadaladLeahRoppjonesy2323wilmanamefitlitapd311amiriteaboutbeingriteCrissyxmallsmithkawaithaishoreaheadhahahahahhahahahahhaninja_tunaalexanatorStJimmyFriday_Night_LightsEvianBubbleXxSpeechImpedimentxXpopprincessMeekoAustinRyanFailInTheMakingfortunecookiemonstermuffinmonkey
I should be allowed to differentiate between two non-descript people I dont know by saying "he is the black dude" without people accusing me of being racist, amirite?

i don't think differentiating between 2 people by saying white, black, hispanic, whatever, usually puts you on people's bad side. i think it's when you bring race into a story it didn't need to be in. such as "a black guy cut me off on the freeway and i was so pissed"

Anonymous

Yes... and you can... Have you done this recently and been told otherwise?

DHA DHA

Anonymous

Anonymous

In response to “i don't think differentiating between 2...

The thing is, what if you were just pissed because you got cut off? The 'black guy' detail was non important, you just remembered it while you were saying so, and you brain decided I'll say it to make my sentence longer, or I'll say it because that WAS what happened.

Kathryn

YEAH. but you kinda have to be careful around people because they can perceive it as you were updet because it was a black guy cuz if it was a white guy, people wont typically say, "im so mad that htis morning a white guys cut me off'. it just can be percieved htat the only reason youre POed is because hte guy was black

Anonymous

In response to “YEAH. but you kinda have to be careful around...

*kind of, *upset, *because, *this, *guy, *perceived, *that, *the

Anonymous

But the thing is, whatever a white person says about a black or Hispanic or Asian is considered racist or prejudiced. Yet, if someone who isn't white say something about white people, it's okay. And really, would I care to be considered the white girl? No.

snowwhiterthanwhite

im not being racist, if a black guy called me white, you know, big deal. im not saying im any better or any different from him besides the different shade of brown.

ms amber 626

Anonymous

look there is a double standard to this, we always say a white person is being racist because they said "black guy" in their sentence. Well what do you want us to say if we are describing someone? "That guy with the um... uh... shirt? over there is calling you" for example. Like wtf you black people say those white guys/girls are calling you yet you complain when we say something about you're colour. Are you ashamed of your race or something? I just don't get it . Now I'm not a racist I have many friends with a different race from me but honestly cut the crap with the "discrimination" you think we are doingh because we areny

Anonymous

In response to “look there is a double standard to this, we...

aren't* discriminating against another race, we are simply describing the person

Anonymous

Dude, calm down with that :p we don't think anything. All of this rowdiness is coming from nowhere

Amarayyy

You shouldn't say we as if you are speaking for a whole entire race of people.

I <3 Sarcasm

I kicked a drunk Aboriginal guy out of my bar once because he was starting to get belligerent, and he called me a "racist white ****."

twisted_memories twisted_memories

It is annoying how you speak about the race of white people and the race of black people as a whole. Speak for yourself. Don't say we and you. It is offensive.

Anonymous

im not white or black, and i do agree that saying white or black is a way of describing someone that shouldnt be taken in offense.

and @anonymous (the one right before me) and I <3 Sarcasm, does everything hafta be technically correct for u? jeez it might have been a typo or something and its nice to know that SOME people know that all of these interracial arguments and fighting is unnecessary...

u guys should stop arguing with people (like right now) just cuz their the opposite race from u

and just so u guys know, im not arguing, im just pointing out how one of the only comments to get many negative votes was made by an african american who made a good point -- that all blacks arent disturbed by the meanness of u guys.

Anonymous

I try to never use race. I mean, how many times has someone said, "There's a black guy outside to see you." If the person waiting were white, would they have still named the guy's race? I know no one's being racist, but there are many other words to use to describe someone. Oh, and: +2 for Anonymous

In response to “I try to never use race. I mean, how many...

i think if it was a black person talking they would probably say "there's a white guy outside to see you" we probably are just accustomed to pointing out differences.

Anonymous

In response to “i think if it was a black person talking they...

Yeah, both sides use the race decription but we are harder on whites when they do it. Why? Cant we all just live together and not care if someone calls us "black" or "white", It is who we are. We should be proud of our colouring, just like someones hair is blond. You might say "that blond kid" really, whats the difference? I mean, we are all human so whats it matter in the end?

Anonymous

In response to “Yeah, both sides use the race decription but...

If a black man gets offended because, let's say, a white man (not meaning to be offensive) says, "Hey, look at that black guy's shirt, it's cool," then isn't the black man being racist?

Whutsurnaym Whutsurnaym

(): That's not what the post is talking about. Like if there's a group of 20 people and only one is black, and you say "go violently rape that black guy", then it's not racist.

polarthebear polarthebear

In response to “(): That's not what the post is talking...

... umm wtf? bad example lol

TalkingRice TalkingRice

In response to “... umm wtf? bad example lol

I think hes just trying to say that you cant just point and say "him." If theres 20 people you have to be more descriptive so the other person can understand who your talking about. I have no friggen clue where the rape came from tho ;) That part is racist

AwesomelyEpic AwesomelyEpic

making a point of NOT using someones race is a bit questionable, its like making a point of NEVER mentioning someones hair colour, or their eye colour. as long as you arent meaning to insult soneone you should be alowed to use any discernable feature to describe them

Anonymous

Anonymous

You're taking my comment out of context. I'm talking about pointing someone out of a crowd. Yes, saying someone is black/Asian/etc. is the easy way to identify someone (they are a visible minority in my part of the world), but why define people by their skin colour? People have more characteristics

In response to “You're taking my comment out of context. I'm...

that's wat i think

Anonymous

So you'd say "he's the guy with the massive nose" over "he's the black guy"?

Chromana

In response to “So you'd say "he's the guy with the...

No, maybe just like, "The guy with the red shirt." Or in your case: "The sexiest piece of meat on this planet."

In response to “No, maybe just like, "The guy with the...

What if there is a black man and a white man both wearing a red shirt?

chocolatecakeisbad chocolatecakeisbad

Well don't you often hear, "That girl over there wants to talk to you,"?

Whutsurnaym Whutsurnaym

In response to “Well don't you often hear, "That girl...

Yes. I'm quite the charmer.

In response to “Yes. I'm quite the charmer.

Thats not what I meant xD

Whutsurnaym Whutsurnaym

if someone is white and they are next to a black person, the most obvious feature difference is their skin colour, why avoid it. why NOT differentiate - it IS a difference. if i treat them differently because of it, then thats bad. but i should be allowed to say its a difference when it clearly is

Anonymous

In response to “if someone is white and they are next to a...

You are allowed! Nobody is stopping you.
FFS why even discuss this, it's obvious what we should and shouldn't do, you guys are just saying "I'm not allowed but I should be" that's not true you're allowed, **** DO IT, it doesn't matter

Anonymous

In response to “You are allowed! Nobody is stopping you. FFS...

you obviously missunderstand the point of this site, and the point of the post. the fact is that some people DO get annoyed if you do, and will class you as racist because they have been conditioned by society to when hearing someones race being mentioned

Anonymous

If you use it non-offensively and someone gets offended, it's not really your fault, is it? I choose not to be offended when people call me "skinny" or point out how much acne I have, so can't people choose not to be offended when someone points out the color of their skin?

Whutsurnaym Whutsurnaym

In response to “If you use it non-offensively and someone...

I hate it when people point out acne. Do they want me to point out how fat they are or something?

different anonymous

I don't see whats wrong with that. Its just an observation and honestly like someone said above it IS the most obvious difference.

KumaruRockz KumaruRockz

Anonymous

I always get called a racist for calling someone black or white, etc. =/

incedio incedio

In response to “I always get called a racist for calling...

i no! its sooooo annoying when that happens

Anonymous

im black, and i say tht. when my friends (whos also black) were talkin about Secret Life, we mentioned Amy's bffs. we call them the black one and the white one. its not racist.

Anonymous

Well, nobody knows what's politically correct these days, so I try not to use either. So, I make it frustrating and say "that dude over there". XD

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “Well, nobody knows what's politically correct...

but then no one has a clue WHO ur talking bout

Anonymous

its obvious that you have two different heritages when there is a n*igger and a white guy, there is no need to differentiate between them though, they have names, not to mention that generally they are both american, if not you can differentiate between nationalities if your so **** off you feel the need to go around differentiating between people

cody austin white

In response to “its obvious that you have two different...

(cody austin white): I'm not sure you understand this post. It's saying if there is a group of people and you are pointing someone out to your friend it should be fine to say "he's the black guy".

Chromana

Anonymous

(cody austin white): 1. you could have said, again, 'black guy' not n*gger. THAT is waayyy more offensive then just plain 'black guy'.
And ever though those people have names, we don't know them! It's not bad to differentiate people, unless you start using that in a hurtful way. I'm skinny and white, I don't care if people call me that 'skinny white girl' unless they are saying, 'skinny white girl over there is a dipshit'.

Kathryn

In response to “(cody austin white): 1. you could have said...

yeah its true cuz in reality if you were described as "Skinny7 and white" it would be true because you really are skinny and white. if yo udont know someone you have to find a basic characteristic that can easily be percieved and therefore people can understand you.

Anonymous

Anonymous

If anything, talking about someone as if they don't know they are white/black/brown/whatever is insulting to everyone's intelligence.

Anonymous

"yeah, he's the black one."
"dude, that's so racist."

i hate that!

Anonymous

Woot! First post to get 1000 YYAs!

*high fives*

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “Woot! First post to get 1000 YYAs! *high fives*

hi fives back, Nintenfreak, hi fives back

Anonymous

im so pleased i posted this :) i sent an email to the makers of this site asking them if i could make an account and link this post to it, as i am quite proud of it, but i got no reply. it probably would be hard to prove i posted it too... :( nevermind, im glad so many people agree anyway!

Anonymous

In response to “im so pleased i posted this :) i sent an...

YOU DIRTY **** LIAR. I POSTED THIS.

Anonymous

Your grammar is too horrible to make this.
If you made it, it'd be like:
"i should be allowed to say that black dude w/o being racist"
Your grammar =/= This post's grammar

Anonymous

all you say is colored

i am rite

In response to “all you say is colored

(i am rite): y?

Anonymous

In response to “all you say is colored

(i am rite): Well that doesn't make sense. What colour?

twisted_memories twisted_memories

why say coloured? whats wrong with the term black? it isnt a racist term and used properly it isnt discriminating.

Anonymous

how is this the num 1 post?

Anonononononymous

In response to “how is this the num 1 post?

1)It's uber-awesomesauce
2) It has the highest rating
3) Refer to #1

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “ 1)It's uber-awesomesauce 2) It has the...

just to let you know, i think you are totally awesome. :D

RACCOONninja86 RACCOONninja86

In response to “XD Thanks!

You're Welcome!

RACCOONninja86 RACCOONninja86

you sound more racist by saying african-american than black. african-american sounds like you're trying to be careful about what you say because you're nervous you might be called racist

Anonymous

In response to “you sound more racist by saying...

Us European Amewricans should just call African Americans "black", right? OK, let's alert the Mexican Americans and the Russian Americans! And let's not exclude the Canadian Americans, the Spanish Americans, and the Asian americans. Nor should we forget the Samoan Americans.

(I was failing at being funny by listinng all the races as if we adressed them the same was as we do African Americans.) Yep, I faild.

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “Us European Amewricans should just call...

you forgot about the australian americans and the new zealand americans

himym101 himym101

I'm black and I totally agree w/ u. I don't even say African American...Just doesn't sound right. Black and White sound more 'Normal' if u please.

Lucky_Me Lucky_Me

In response to “ I'm black and I totally agree w/ u. I don't...

Right, it's not like you would point out a white dude and be like "look at the caucasian guy" it sounds weird.

Anonymous

Also, what if you were black but from Europe?

twisted_memories twisted_memories

In response to “Also, what if you were black but from Europe?

Afro-European, I'm imagining...?

Anonymous

That's true too. I think the word "black" SHOULD be more socially acceptable. I mean, I have a lot of friends that are Jamaican, they're not African-American...they're not even American, so why call them that? But the worst is when you're trying to write an essay for history on civil rights or something and you feel awkward so you just write out African-American every time.

ECbeat2014 ECbeat2014

If there was 2 guys one black and one white, and you wanted to difrenciate between them, and you said "the white guy " , would anyone call you racist?

myroomsamess

In response to “If there was 2 guys one black and one white...

thats exactly why i made the original post. the lack of equality really gets to me.

Anonymous

@lazynez... i thought it was funny lol

Anonymous

I'm black and I say the black kid, white kid, asian kid etc. It's really obvious when a person is trying to describe someone to you and not use race because they don't want to be offensive. It gets even more annoying when you know they wouldn't be trying to do it if you weren't black.

ilostmyshoe ilostmyshoe

In response to “I'm black and I say the black kid, white kid...

The problem is that, if you're white and you call someone black, they get offended. Not the other way around.
It's because white people are afraid of offending others, since we are the reason that so much injustice has happened, and that fact has made us almost scared to offend anyone.

xxsandyy

In response to “The problem is that, if you're white and you...

To be honest, I've seen more white people get offended by someone saying 'the black guy' than black people. I have no problem with someone pointing out 'that black guy' in a crowd to differentiate. The same way I wouldn't say 'that white guy is so stupid, or that asian guy is an idiot' because it sounds offensive. I wouldn't expect someone else to say 'that black guy's stupid' or whatever. It depends how you use it. If you say 'black guys always do this' or say 'that black guy' in a negative way of course we're going to take offense to it - after years of having our race thrown in our faces as if it were something terrible to be. It mostly bothers me when people aren't being pc because they generally think it's right, but because they're afraid I'm going to go off on them.

ilostmyshoe ilostmyshoe

There are idiots at my school who accuse me of being racist when I use the name of a colour (not even identifying someone) Idiots

IMASUPERDUPERGUY

In response to “There are idiots at my school who accuse me...

(assuming you are white and they are not) hold up a sheet of white paper and ask them what colour it is. when they say white then exclaim they are racist and you are informing the police.

not being able to use colours to describe objects is beyond stupid.

Anonymous

In response to “ (assuming you are white and they are not)...

Objects? The post is about people...

Anonymous

In response to “not being able to use colours to describe...

>> when I use the name of a colour (not even identifying someone) Idiots

Anonymous

I bet you a gazillion dollars that the people who said u were wrong, were in fact black.

Regina

your mom

ThisIsMadness

In response to “your mom

good contribution there.

Anonymous

In response to “good contribution there.

Agreed.

Anonymous

i don't know if any of this was said before because i didn't read all of these comments. people might take offense to it but it's not racist. racism is making a blanket judgement of people of a certain race. saying a black person is black is a fact not a judgement. people who said know clearly don't understand racism. it's not just something you take offense to that's race-related. calling someone the n-word is different because it is intentionally derogatory and it's no longer a description. I am black and i personally don't have a problem people calling me black because it is what i am. It's like calling an old person old and saying that's ageist.

0Strip0

Duh. COME ON.

davided

In response to “Duh. COME ON.

? What are you replying to?

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “? What are you replying to?

In general...

davided

yeah you should bc when im watching movies and someone asks me who someone is, I feel like i cant say "He's the black one" without being called a racist

Anonymous

In response to “yeah you should bc when im watching movies...

its the same as saying "he is the ginger one" or "she is the brunette". if its the only way of discerning between people, then say it. if someone challenges you then argue back. it is them that are being narrow minded and stupid.

Anonymous

You should be able so describe a person with whatever you like! I mean i dont care if people call me white. I AM. It's okey just as no one uses it in a negative way. Such as "I hate her because she's white." <-- Now for that I will kick some serious **** =) .

Pokemonthefirst Pokemonthefirst

i still don't get why people differentiate people by the color of their skin. if they're idiots, their color is the least of the problems. i believe in stereotypes, but i believe that has everything to do with where they've been brought up, not the color of their skin. i believe in genetics, and if stereotypical idiots breed with the same stereotypical idiots, in the same stereotypical area, chances are there'll be more stereotypes around to reinforce the belief of stereotypes. they'll have more in common and keep attracting one another. if the stereotypes happen to mostly be a certain race, then chances are they'll keep meeting the same race and stereotype because, it's only in science that opposites attract. so then you get a racial stereotype, but only for that area. point is: chances are you'll meet the same kind of people in the same area. you can't generalize an entire race, you can generalize a community, though. rant powers deactivate!

Anonymous

In response to “i still don't get why people differentiate...

so you want people to say 'hes the gay' or 'hes the bogan'?

DougalHanson DougalHanson

In response to “so you want people to say 'hes the gay' or...

Well, gay isn't a noun. Also, you can't always tell just by looking at them.

different anonymous

that sucks that someone anonymous posted the best post of all time!

LavLav_loves_WonWon LavLav_loves_WonWon

In response to “that sucks that someone anonymous posted the...

That could change.

Anonymous

I am still hanging around watching the comments on this thread, I asked the amirite guys if I could create an account to associate this post with me but they said no, so there's no point making an account, I'm not going to make any more amirite posts - the saying is "quite while you are ahead" :)

Anonymous

In response to “I am still hanging around watching the...

No...it's actually "quit while you are ahead."

AlwaysLove

In response to “No...it's actually "quit while you are...

@208322 (AlwaysLove): touche. but i still have the best post :)

Anonymous

your very right .
:)

newbabyangel newbabyangel

Everyone who said "no way" is probably all black..

Anonymous

I get it, it's a **** joke!

Anonymous

In response to “I get it, it's a **** joke!

WTF? hahaha

Pokemonthefirst Pokemonthefirst

hahaha

Danny Danny

Non-Racism isn't ignorance to someone's heratige. Ignorance to someone Heratige can actually be racicm. We're all different. We have different skin tones. Recognizing this isn't racism. It's just a fact.

bibliophibian6

Best comeback: "So are you saying you're NOT black?"

Whutsurnaym Whutsurnaym

In response to “Best comeback: "So are you saying you're...

Haha good one :)

Anonymous

WTF! i posted this exact thing before this person did.

Anonymous

In response to “WTF! i posted this exact thing before this...

you suck too much to make something good like this.

Anonymous

yeah, but ever realized that if a black person is doing something you say, "that black guy is..." but if a white person is doing it, you say "that guy is..." come on people, who says that white guy.seriously..

lakdlsa

In response to “yeah, but ever realized that if a black...

u r so right. idk what these people r doing..

romeo.

In response to “u r so right. idk what these people r doing..

(romeo.): mhmmmmm.

laquishajjj.

WHITE POWER

Anonymous

^****.

larry

that doesn't mean you're racist, it just means you're not blind

changedforever

call me white i don't care. call someone black someone's gonna get pissed. people just need to chill it's not an insult!

mutantdustbunnies mutantdustbunnies

Wow. 10k Yeah you ares... that's alot

Rochmi

usually "black" is considered politically incorrect, though.
maybe it would be less racist to say, oh i don't know,
african american?
just a thought.

Anonymous

In response to “usually "black" is considered...

Then why don't you call us white's European descendant's, or Caucasian, if we're supposed to call you african american?

RavenclawSeeker RavenclawSeeker

But then you assume three things:
A) They are from Africa, not the 200 other places black people could be from,
B) White people don't come from Africa, and
C) They are American. They could be European, or... pretty much anything and everything else.

Butts Butts

...You're only african-american if you were born in Africa and then moved to the U.S. and became naturalized. If you're born in America, you're American despite your color. Then the only thing African about you is your heritage. And most of the time, being 'politically correct' is not being real.

mutantdustbunnies mutantdustbunnies

It's funny how it's totally fine for people who aren't white to say that they are white, and I personally don't care because it is a FACT that I am white. When I say someone is black, and they are black, I don't see how stating a FACT is racist.

Rochmi

Almost 10k Yes You Are!'s....

Loser Loser

In response to “Almost 10k Yes You Are!'s....

Positive Score I mean, the Yeah You Are!'s are past that.

Loser Loser

Yeeep, it really sucks when you accidentally click 'Post Anonymously'

whatasweetusername whatasweetusername

In response to “Yeeep, it really sucks when you accidentally...

Prove it in a follow up

polarthebear polarthebear

If you all incist on us calling you African-American, or Latino or Latin-American, you sure as hell will be calling me European-American or English-American.

Rochmi

Notice none of the No Way people have anything to say.

Anonymous

I agree.
I am black.
So if you were to refer to me as "The short black girl over there" i would not get offended and think you're racist.
Same as how no one should think im racist when i saw "The white guy" or "The asian guy" or "The latino dude" etc.

FlyingKarateKicker

callin sum1 blak is racist becaz it is rood

Looopyyy

In response to “callin sum1 blak is racist becaz it is rood

Learn to spell, like jeeze!!!! Did you make that comment from your phone or something? My gosh! That wouldn't even be a good enough excuse! LEARN TO SPELL

Maximumnerd Maximumnerd

So you say it's rude to call someone black; why is it rude? It's not a bad thing being black. You make no sense at all.

mutantdustbunnies mutantdustbunnies

As the post says, it shouldn't be considered racist to use race to describe someone. It's all in the way things are said.

Why does everyone suddenly act like they are incapable of telling the difference between something that's really offensive and something that isn't, using this post as a means to complain about something that reaches far overhead...

CleeMariee CleeMariee

he's right, ppl shouldn't be offended. it's okay if they say "the indian guy". it's racist when they say "the indian guy who probably has a tiny **** and works at a call center"

litapd311

I just made your rating +11111
you're welcome :)

Montezuma

Well if one's black then they're NOT both nondescript... :D

Anonymous

im brown =]

hi =]

White is a culture.
Caucasian is a culture.
You can be white but not caucasian and you can be caucasian but not white.

Anonymous

In response to “White is a culture. Caucasian is a...

Explain.

Rodney King

You are completely wrong. Completely.

Your+name+(optional)

its like saying "that guy with brown hair" saying the color of there skin is being descriptive not raciest. Now if you said "that *(nword)* guy" thats a different story and really really racist.

lyenlion lyenlion

omg....this guy has the highest rated post on the site and it was ANONYMOUS! aghh

ItsGracie ItsGracie

I don't think black people should be called african american, because there are white africans, too. You couldn't say european americans about white people, because there are other races in every country.

Jules

what about hispanics and indians? people don't say, "hey 'dude' there's this brown guy outside waiting for you"...or do they?

goldfish123

I don't understand why people think it's "racist" to call someone black. It's not like I'm gonna get mad at you for calling me white. It's not an insult and you can't change how you were born. And if you're black and born in the U.S. it's not like I'm going to call you African-American because you weren't born in Africa. You're American; you were born in America.

mutantdustbunnies mutantdustbunnies

I don't care whatsoever about this post. I just wanted to leave my comment on the world's most popular post :)

SavannahStar1010 SavannahStar1010

Hahaha. I bet the guy who posted this under anonymous is really regretting not posting this after they got an account. ha

Your+name+(optional)

In response to “Hahaha. I bet the guy who posted this under...

(Your+name+(optional)): actually i still dont have an account, i asked the amirite guys if i could associate this post with an account but they said no so i saw no reason to make an account to go with it.

Anonymous

On my planet we killed minorities

Vegeta Vegeta

"You're white." "RACIST."

Gouken

Highest rated of all time...and it's by anonymous. Bummer dude.

loverat222

Totally sucks that this is **** anonymous!

Lolita Lolita

In response to “Totally sucks that this is **** anonymous!

I'm still here, I posted this a while ago but still read through the comments.

Anonymous

now isn't it kinda funny too how when we say "there was this black guy" or something along the lines of that we whisper it? as if referring to them is a bad thing or something

SamG SamG

In response to “now isn't it kinda funny too how when we say...

I know what you mean but usually people do it because they're worried about 'offending' someone.

mutantdustbunnies mutantdustbunnies

In response to “I know what you mean but usually people do it...

no i know, it's just funny that people take the phrase "black person" offensively. it's what they are, no?

SamG SamG

In response to “no i know, it's just funny that people take...

Exactly and you can't change what you are. Most people act like it's a bad thing

mutantdustbunnies mutantdustbunnies

Exactly. It's so irritating when people are trying to tell you who they're talking about, without mentioning race..."Oh, well his shirt is kind of like gray, the guy with the jeans, he's got short hair, how do you not see him?" Then there's 20 different people who match that description so they finally whisper "It's the *black* guy" like they can't say it out loud or something....come on, that just makes you sound like even more of an ignorant fool because you're afraid to acknowledge racial differences. Saying someone is black or white is far from an insult.

ECbeat2014 ECbeat2014

cool story bro

Anonymous

agreed

RAWR!

You're proud to have the number one post of all time, amirite?

JustAnAverageDragon JustAnAverageDragon

Race shouldnt be a factor. You can describe someone without mentioning their race. You can say "the man with the dark brown complextion".

zanewow zanewow

In response to “Race shouldnt be a factor. You can describe...

But it's easier to say their race. Would you be more likely to say "the guy in the red shirt" or "the individual with an x and y chromosome who is clad in a body garment the shade of the longest visible wavelength"?

polarthebear polarthebear

And "dark brown complexion" is different from "black man" how exactly? and why should it not be a factor? Humans are visually driven and somones race is easy to pick out and as such is a quick and easy descriptor when differentiating between people.

Anonymous

Yeah if your a black dude you can say that but if you are a white dude you cant say that you have to say hes the white dude, but a black dude should say hes the black dude. But it is all racism. Just say the dude on the left or right.

Anonymous

In response to “Yeah if your a black dude you can say that...

Racism's really more hostility to another race. Come on, it's like saying the redheaded girl or the blonde. It's one of their characteristics. Like blue eyes.

Anonymous

You can't really call every black person 'African American' because not every black person in the world originates from Africa.

Anonymous

You are just stating a fact that he is black. You aren't saying anything bad about that or the guy. We can't just stop admitting that people have different races. His race is a characteristic.

mackie_ mackie_

Most definitely. I'm black, and I don't have a problem with it. I don't know many people that do have a problem with it, actually. I've never found that offensive.
But what I DO find offensive, is when someone is trying to tell me a story, and before they tell me the story they give me a disclaimer. For example "No offense or anything, but this black guy at such and such was blah de blah blah." I'm more offended that they'd think I'd be offended, and also mad that they wasted their time with a **** disclaimer.

Shugah Shugah

I know this is barely close to the point, but just the other day, I called one of my black friends stupid, and my other friend refused to talk to me because he said I was racist.

GIJose

I hope all white people die.

Anonymous

Sucks how you made this as anonymous and it's the highest scoring post of all time.

Graverotti Graverotti

I was called racist for saying I was black... *sigh*

Skr3wBall Skr3wBall

My brother was doing homework today and he asked for a shorter way to say African American (referring to his homework about Obama), so I said that he could say black, and my sister completely freaked out and said I shouldn't be teaching that to a third grader. Like, come on, it's the color of his skin. My brother calls white people white all the time, but she doesn't tell him to say Caucasian.

SanctuaryExile SanctuaryExile