I'm a 15-year-old girl from the suburbs, a sophomore in high school.
I'm a cross country runner and am officially the junior captain of my team for next year.
More things you may or may not want to know about me:
- I love music. Currently, I'm listening to a lot of Arcade Fire, Fleet Foxes, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Cold War Kids, Cults, The Walkmen, and Arctic Monkeys. I would include more bands, but then the list would go on forever.
- I taught myself how to play guitar and ukulele. I took piano lessons for a couple years, but my teacher wasn't very supportive, so I eventually stopped playing.
- I believe in God and am currently trying to solidify my faith in Christianity. It's a long journey, but I think it'll be worth it.
- I've saved a life three times.
- I used to swim (6 years), play basketball, and dance (that one didn't last too long, thankfully). I was also involved in an archery program in my town.
- I don't bite, so don't be afraid to drop me a line!
There is no possible way anyone in the past could have suspected a musical genre at 140 bpm in halftime with a melodic intro then a section dedicated to several electronic bass wobbles and synth sweeps we today call dubstep, amirite?
This also applies to books and movies, I think. Although sometimes it's interesting to be confused during a movie/book, the issue needs to be resolved by the end. It pisses me off when writers try to be "provocative" by confusing their audience.
It is the speaker's responsibility to make them self understood, not the listener's responsibility to try to figure out what the speaker meant when they didn't say what they meant. It's really difficult to talk to people who think words mean whatever they want them to mean and get annoyed when you don't understand them. If you want people to understand you, you're going to have to learn how to express yourself better, it's not their job to be mind readers, amirite?
Amirite is the premier opinion-based social network where people from all around the world discover, debate and discuss today's hottest issues. Share your perspective to the world and interact with like-minded individuals on breaking news, hot topics and controversial issues now!
With that many angles, the discussions on Amirite will open your eyes to a panoramic view of your world that you won't get anywhere else, allowing you to see the big picture and discuss it.
Every opinion matters on Amirite.