-147

Edgar Allan Poe should be hailed as the greatest American author. Mark Twain is pure bushy-eyebrowed bullshit. amirite?

2 16
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Living in Hannibal, Missouri makes you appreciate Mark Twain less and less.

I sort of agree about Mark Twain but I don't think Edgar Allen Poe is an acceptable substitute.

i think both of them are great

Actually, it was the other way around, but that doesn't mean that Edgar's works of insanity weren't the best childhood stories, ever. ^^

Oh snap! No you di'int.

Mark Twain's awesome!

@fangirl12 Mark Twain's awesome!

Indeed! He didn't have to be drunk to write some of his best works.

@Sqwancho Indeed! He didn't have to be drunk to write some of his best works.

Edgar Allan Poe wasn't just a drunk he had Manic-Depressive Bipolar disorder which is why his stories and poems grew more and more disturbing

@1koolkoko Edgar Allan Poe wasn't just a drunk he had Manic-Depressive Bipolar disorder which is why his stories and poems...

It's not that he isn't a good author. It's that his writing is disturbing, as you said, so it isn't for everyone.

@1112913 (1koolkoko): The BBC special that was shown in my English class discussed that as an alcoholic, he was under the influence while writing sometimes. I know that isn't the sole reason why his writings were so dark, his personal life sucked.

@Sqwancho @1112913 (1koolkoko): The BBC special that was shown in my English class discussed that as an alcoholic, he was...

yeah but most people think that's the only reason but it's not so i'm just pointing it out

I like both of them? I love Huck Finn and Poes poems. I can't remember the name, I believe it was called "The Red Death".

bahahha bushy-eyebrowed bullshit.

mark twain sucks.