+542

I believe in morality, wich is doing right regardless of what I am told. Not in religion, wich is doing what Im told regardless of what is right. So shut up about this anti-gay marriage thing. Because homosexuality is NOT a choice, but homophobia is. amirite?

annies avatar
19 84
The voters have decided that annie is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I want to say amen, but then again I don't want to bring religion into this.
So, hear hear! Well said!

And in regards to what people are discussing about gay marriage, it's a blatant violation of the principle of separation of church and state when people say gay marriage shouldn't be legal because of the bible. When people hide behind the bible to somehow justify their warped views of political issues, they're undoing the very fabric of which this country is based. The founding fathers were trying to AVOID issues like gay marriage, abortion, and slavery (and their religious affiliations) from interfering with their dream of a democracy.
Gay marriage is purely a humanitarian issue, it shouldn't be a religious issue. Love is love, pure and simple. Leave your controlling and ignorant views at the door, please.

@I want to say amen, but then again I don't want to bring religion into this. So, hear hear! Well said! And in...

The problem that Christians have with homosexual marriages is in the terminology, not the union. Marriage was created as a spiritual union between two people. The United States adopted this terminology initially because the nation was primarily Christian. A homosexual union titled a "marriage" reduces what a marriage is for Christians. Marriage is just as sacred to us as homosexuals feel their love for each other is to them. My solution is for the country to give marriage back to the religions and create a new title for the union recognized by the state that everyone is welcome to have, gay and straight alike.

read up on ur history dude. Seperation of church and state was spoken to keep the STATE out of CHURCH business. It was designed so that the government could not control the church of the people. They left the English church because of that. He was trying to prevent us from becoming what we hated so much.

@read up on ur history dude. Seperation of church and state was spoken to keep the STATE out of CHURCH business. It...

(Chris :)): If the state can't interfere with church, why should the church get to interfere with the state?

I love this post

but seriously? Some people actually believe that If I go against a God (that i don't believe in) that I will burn in a Hell (even if it does exist I don't belong there) and this will convince me to turn homophobic?

Love is love, it shouldn't be judged

your religion doesn't apply to me

and if it does guess what mother fucker?

then all those other religions out there apply to you

and the beliefs you practice now will

end you up in the Hell of most of them for not believing

Your religion is yours, and doesn't affect me

you are amazing. seriously, you rock.

which*
Go ahead. Hate me with all the power of the gay-burning fires of hell.

You clearly misunderstand the purpose of religion. Religion is a faith, and if someone believes in a religion, they have faith in it's words. Most religions say that homosexuality is a choice; that's the point. There is a difference between belief and blind faith. For people, what religion tells you IS morale, and is right.

@You clearly misunderstand the purpose of religion. Religion is a faith, and if someone believes in a religion, they...

I understand if they're against it. They just don't have to get a gay marriage.
But they shouldn't make it illegal. A lot of people support marriage, and there should be a separation of church and state.

They have faith in "it is" words? Really? Or are you an idiot who added an extraneous apostrophe?

I agree with you, all up until the part where you say "homophobia isn't a choice". The thing is the stereotype with homophobics is that they're just ignorant bastards trying to bully you into regretting being gay, right? But really, being homophobic is being afraid of homosexuality. It could be because of a scarring event in their childhood for all you know, but there really are people out there who are afraid of homosexuality, like truely afraid. And it's not like they all have a choice, it's just like any other fear. The only thing they have control of is the way they react towards their fear.
Just voicing a thought. I hope I don't sound stupid. I'm just a bit touchy with technicalities & stereotyping.

3xc +3Reply
@I agree with you, all up until the part where you say "homophobia isn't a choice". The thing is the stereotype with...

Most of them are just intolerant because of the teachings of christianity. Homophobia is a misnomer. It's not a real phobia, it's intolerance.

OP, I love you! <3

I. Agree. 100%. Now how the heck can we get the rest of the world to see this??

Homosexuality isent a choice who the fuck would chose to have to be riticuled and mocked by you bastards their whole life? Also homophobia may have come from being tought it as a chile but it dosent mean its not unchangeable, as for religon, if all you can say as a rebutle to gays not having rights and not liking them is "its against the bible" your a sheep that can't think for themself, I respect that people belive it god, I don't respect that they hate gays because they think they'll burn in hell, even if that was true why would you care? It wouldent be your issue id be thiers so all your doing is just trying to hate them because you can't see past the ignorant bullshit that's been fed to you. Have a nice day.

Ok see, chris, I respect what your saying and even if I don't agree with you I'm glad you feel like you don't need to teese gay people for what they are, I respetfuly disagree on a lot of points but I'm glad you can say that they don't diserve to take shit that they do

okay people, you just gotta remember religion's more a personal thing than anything. the bible isn't a book, it's actually a bunch of books by diffrent authors put together, so they're gonna have different opinions. that's why some parts of it say everyone is good in their own way and to love them, and others say most people are gonna burn in hell.
it's like a tool, you can use a religion's name to do good things (mother theresa) or bad things (people who barge into other peoples' private lives)

The US is a free country, be whatever you want to be... that's why it was created, I don't belive in "GAY" things, but hey that's something called my choice and opinion and everyone can have those in the US, so it doesn't matter guys stop fighting. dang

Um. A true phobia wouldn't be a choice. It's an irrational fear.

@Um. A true phobia wouldn't be a choice. It's an irrational fear.

It's not a true phobia...well maybe it is for some weird people haha. But it's a choice. Homophobia is a misnomer.

u are so fucking right!

Although I don't doubt that it does have to do with a chemical balance in the brain, it can be overcome. I've known people who have, with help and support, overcome that challenge.

@Although I don't doubt that it does have to do with a chemical balance in the brain, it can be overcome. I've known...

(Chris :)): You say that as if being gay is similar to being addicted to (insert random shit here). Like the above dude said, congrats on reaching that goal if they had it, but having that goal shouldn't be necessary.

Then if that was their choice I congratulate them for reaching their goal. However, people shouldn't have to change the very essence of who they are because other people don't agree with it.

Personally, I am fine with the political results of gay marriage/partenership, but not the marriage itself. Marriage IS a religous ceremony as well.

@Personally, I am fine with the political results of gay marriage/partenership, but not the marriage itself...

marriage IS religious if you choose to make it that way. Many atheists choose to hold their wedding and reception outside of churches to prevent it from being religious. There are so many different types of weddings (example: compare Indian wedding to American) tht religion can play a huge role or no role.

But people of all religions get married, not just people that follow the Bible. So saying that it's wrong because of the Bible still doesn't make sense.

@lifesabitchandimitspimp Yes I'm aware of all the grammer/speling errors buts its 4 in the fucking morning

currently, there are sixty six comments. First: Holy hell, omydamn. Second: I figured I should change that. It's not a good number. Very ironic, also. Third: You're amazing XD

For all of you...being gay IS NOT A CHOICE. It is simply the way you feel. The only choice is if you choose to live a gay life...but if you believe in god and are pretending to be strait so you don't go to hell theirs really no point. If you say you believe in god you should also know that,apparently, he knows your thoughts so when your thinking about a guy in "that way" that's actually a sin. Plus, what kind of a god dislikes people just for who they like? If he was any kind of a real god he would love everyone equally. Personally, I like to believe that maybe were all wrong and god really does love everyone the same. But a god that goes around damming people to hell you have to wonder about anyways. Who knows though. Maybe god dosnt even exist. But if he does exist I'd doubt he'd want people hating one another. If you hate gays then your the one that's going to hell.

@A random person :) the difference between homosexuality and bisexuality is that if your bisexual you have a choice to stick to one gender and repress the fact that you like the other gender, homosexuals don't have that freedom, after all I would know, seeing as I'm bisexual too

@tailsturrosaki: Arecyou making fun of my idea?

I'm bisexual, and I considered it to be a choice for me... I guess I'm just really weird... :/ Also, I'm only 13, that might be something to do with it? Anyway... I suppose you're all going to hate me now because I implied that it's possible for homosexuality or bisexuality to be a choice? :P

@I'm bisexual, and I considered it to be a choice for me... I guess I'm just really weird... :/ Also, I'm only 13...

(A Random Person :)): I don't think you're bisexual. I think you're just confused right now.
You're still so young. When I was 13 [not too long ago], I thought I knew everything about myself. Untrue. You're only in 7th or 8th grade, so it's very rare for choices made as a young teenager will follow through into adulthood. Maybe you are truly bisexual, but you can't determine it so young.

Homosexuality is a choice, just as much as anything else. But u can b against homosexuality without being against homosexuals. I believe being gay is wrong
It is a sin. But that doesn't make someone who is gay someone who needs to b teased and hated. Everyone is guilty of sin and all sin in equal in God's eyes. But if u ask Him, u can be saved. It's the ignorant Christians who get on the internet and pretend they know all and say things like, Screw all you gay people and Your all gonna burn in Hell! That cause all Christian to seem like stupid, prejudiced jerks. So, pls do not judge Christians by one idiot's or several idiot actions. :) and if ur struggling w/ homosexuality, get some good help, like a pastor or someone and talk to them or even better, talk to God. God is willing to help and he doesn't want anyone to perish. God bless and have a great day. :)

@Homosexuality is a choice, just as much as anything else. But u can b against homosexuality without being against...

Actually, scientifically and factually, homosexuality is not a choice, it has to do with a chemical balance. So, although you're being very polite, you shouldn't imply that all homosexuals need help and need to "cure" themselves.

@katffro: I doubt I am a "troll" considering that I don't even know what that is. Care to explain?

I believe that there should be separate public facilities for homosexuals. These separate yet equal facilities should be kindly marked with signs that read "no homo". This type of segregated community would benefit the people of America. I am in the process of writingto my local government about it. If anyone agrees, please respond to this.

First off, homophobia is not a choice. Second, not everyone who is against gays has it. Third, don't go around saying other people can't have their opinions because you can't have your cake and eat it too if you're like that.

@Piggie8 First off, homophobia is not a choice. Second, not everyone who is against gays has it. Third, don't go around...

well, as a defense, scientists have proved being gay is a chemical "malfunction" (if thats what you want to call it, even though being gay if NOT wrong) in the brain and not their fault. You be homophobic with it "not being your fault" and they can be gay and is "not being their fault".

by the way, cake is icky. I throw it in the trash and don't eat it.

@I believe that there should be separate public facilities for homosexuals. These separate yet equal facilities...

Please be a troll.
Segregation of ANY kind is wrong. Well, except for bathrooms and crud like that. We do need to keep men and women restrooms separate.

This world is already fucked up enough as it is. So please keep your ignorant, rude, and allow me to add UN HOLY words to yourself. You're the biggest "No Way" I've ever given. Congratulations. God loves everyone.

http://www.amirite.net/138317

go ahead an no way the TRUTH.

how exactly would you enforce this? and y if u feel uncomfortable, then go 2 the stalls where u poo, duh

segregation didnt turn out to well the last time it was tried. Dont be an arrogant asshole

It doesn't matter if homosexuality is a choice or not, it's still against God's word. Read the Bible properly.

@It doesn't matter if homosexuality is a choice or not, it's still against God's word. Read the Bible properly.

God's word? Or the word of a bunch of cynical old men who decided to write a book to control people through religion?

you're a fucking ignorant, the bible also says in a marriage the bride has to be a virgin or she will be executed, but do you fight against that? no. shut up.

I'd rather not. I think I am pretty happy loving whoever I want, regardless of what God tells me.

If that's what you believe, fine. I don't think less of you because of your opinions, but I encourage you to think for yourself. How much of the bible is really true? If God is an all knowing being, then wouldn't he/she be knowing enough to give everyone equal rights? Is the bible really straight from the mouth of God? Does God even exist? I certainly don't have the answers to these questions, but maybe the reason we're on this planet is to work together, as a human race to find the answers. All I know is, the one thing we can know for sure is that what ever the answer is, it's not hate.

When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one. ~Epitaph of Leonard P. Matlovich, 1988 (Thanks, Marlene)

I think you mean read the old testament. The old testament version of God is a spiteful one, one who tests his followers and punishes them.
Personally, I like the new testament version of God; the all loving one.
If I have to believe in an all-knowing God, then I would prefer to think that God loves us all because God knows us all.

Just as a point of interest though - the bible is an INTERPRETATION of God's word. This means that humans (men actually, for the record) interpreted what God had to say. Who's to say that they didn't get it wrong? Who's to say that they didn't change things to benefit themselves? Also, the early churches edited the bible in order to make it fit the religion better. We are missing so much of the bible, you can't take it as, and excuse the saying here, gospel truth. You have to have wiggle room when you talk about the bible. You can't use it as a weapon because it is not meant to be a weapon. It is a messenger only.

Hi amirite readers! I really am trying to find out what the public thinks before I write to my congressmen... Do you agree that there should be separate facilities for homosexuals? I believe that homos are like a mutated version of humans and are forming their own species. Therefore, it might be safest to segregate. If you want to share your opinion it would be reaaly helpful!

@Hi amirite readers! I really am trying to find out what the public thinks before I write to my congressmen... Do...

wait, seriously?
have you ever heard of the civil rights movement?

HAHA. forming their own species. thats a good one. because they can totally have children, and they can totally control the sexes of their children.
you're an idiot.

To be honest... I would be uncomfortable peeing and changing in front of any one who found me sexually attractive that I wasn't in a committed relationship with. However, I'm a girl, so peeing isn't an issue, but I wouldn't want to walk naked in a locker room with a guy who lusted after me, why would a gilr who lusted after me be ay different? I mean, you might as well have co ed locker rooms at that point. Ok, a wee bit extreme, but yes. I think they should have somewhere else to change.

@To be honest... I would be uncomfortable peeing and changing in front of any one who found me sexually attractive...

I think you're missing a big point here.
Think about it, you're a straight female, correct? I'm sure you don't lust after every guy you see, so why do some people assume that gay people are so different? Lesbians and gays don't lust after every person they see of the same sex, either. It's not like they're different beings, we're all human. Don't assume things.

Ho-mo sexuality is a choice! Anyone that is thinks it's not a choice and they are born with it, you are wrong. And, ho-mo sexuality is a sine. You can get be punished by god fir it. Why wood you riskk getting into heven so that you can fuck another guy? Some peple are so stupid!

@Ho-mo sexuality is a choice! Anyone that is thinks it's not a choice and they are born with it, you are wrong...

...there's no hyphen in 'homo'.
that thinks
sin

God (It has a captial)
for

would
risk

heaven
people

Try learning your language properly before you start calling other people stupid, you ignorant fuck.

actually, it's a chemical thing in the brain. Scientists have turned mice gay by changing the chemicals in their brains.

@kawaii Homosexuality isn't a sine, this is:

The humour of math puns knows no limits.

@The humour of math puns knows no limits.

These jokes are making me want to derive myself off a cliff.

Well, that definitely wasn't a tangent remark, that's for sure. It related well to the topic at hand.

@kawaii These math and music jokes work in perfect harmony.

The ratio is golden; with just enough of each to keep everybody satisfied.

@Mitch The ratio is golden; with just enough of each to keep everybody satisfied.

I think I need to refrain from further jokes, though your acute intellect is refreshing.

@kawaii I think I need to refrain from further jokes, though your acute intellect is refreshing.

I see the angle that you come from, and think it is right. However, if you refrain too long, you might have to take a chorus about history repeating itself.

Love is love, it shouldn't be judged

your religion doesn't apply to me

and if it does, guess what mother fucker?

and the beliefs you practice now will

Your religion is yours, and doesn't affect me or anyone else who doesn't belive

and if it DOES...we are all going to some kinda Hell and personaly id rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints anyway

Homo sexuality is a choice! Anyone that is thinks it's not a choice and that they are born with it. You are wrong, and, homo sexuality is a sin. You can be punished by god for it. Why would you risk not getting into heven so that you can fuck another guy? Some people are so stupid!

You're lucky I'm not beating you to death with a dictionary right now. I'm not sure if you made so many grammar and spelling mistakes on purpose, but if you are to be taken seriously in an argument you should at least make an effort.

I like the way that you're trying to comment on the stupidity of the GLBTQ community, when you yourself are unable to even spell words like for, risk, and heaven.
I hate to break it to you, but no one will take you, or your arguments seriously, ever.
Also, I would like to let you know that I don't believe in the same heaven you do. I believe heaven is different for every person, and it entails the things that we want it to. So with that viewpoint, enjoy your angry heaven where everyone is judged and punished by a God who is supposed to be all-loving.
I don't agree with you at all, and I realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, in this case, I really wish you wouldn't state your opinion because you make yourself sound so stupid and it makes me pity you. I pity you slightly more than the rest of the homophobic bible thumpers out there because, at least they can spell.
Have a nice day :)

I agree with you!...but here's a hint. If you want your point to be taken even halfway seriously, then you need to learn how to communicate properly....