-98

You've never actually heard someone pronounce it "potato", amirite?

Food & Drink
2 26
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I used to say potato, but eventually I started saying potato.

@1293505

Huh that's interesting. You must be from the deep south. I met a guy once from Australia who had a really strong accent. He pronounced it "potato".

@Disco Huh that's interesting. You must be from the deep south. I met a guy once from Australia who had a really strong...

I told people in my family that I don't Like potato salad and they all looked at me funny because i pronounce it "potato" and they pronounce it "potato". You'd think we'd all have the same accent.

Uh... you realize that we don't know which pronunciation you're talking about, right? Way to go.

@kodabear911 Uh... you realize that we don't know which pronunciation you're talking about, right? Way to go.

I bet you could hazard a good guess which pronunciation I'm talking about.

@kodabear911 I bet you could figure out how to make it make sense.

It makes sense to anyone with an ounce of reading comprehension who isn't simultaneously a smartass.

@It makes sense to anyone with an ounce of reading comprehension who isn't simultaneously a smartass.

Sorry, you're right: I was pretty out of line with the first comment. But, still doesn't make you right. I stand by what I said, just not how I phrased it.

@Go to fucking hell if you don't like the post, no one cares about your opinion

I'm sorry, but I think you're confused. This website is based on opinions.

Alexuss avatar Alexus Yeah You Are +22Reply
@In my opinion, you're ugly as a "potato" ;)

Okay? Feel free to attack my appearance; trust me, I don't care in the slightest.

Op is stubborn as hell lol. How are we supposed to guess? Is it POH-TATE-OH or PAH-TAH-TOH?

OP: Have you ever heard someone pronounce it "tomato"?

Exactly. You may think it's obvious, but it isn't. Clarification is needed.

Dominos avatar Domino No Way +25Reply

ono smilie

genes avatar gene No Way +16Reply
@1293478

I've never heard someone pronounce "potato" by saying "pot-at-o". Maybe "po-tot-o"...

Everyone says po-tay-to. Nobody says po-tah-to. Even here where we say to-mah-to, it's still po-tay-to.

I think OP means poe-tuh-toe.

If yes, I've only heard it as puh-tay-toe, so YYA'ing

Alexuss avatar Alexus Yeah You Are +1Reply

You say potato, I say potato. You say tomato, I say tomato.

i pronounce it potato, not potato

@SpongebobNinja i pronounce it potato, not potato

Someone's already made that joke.