+437

Musicians- You really wish you could travel back in time and visit Bach, Mozart or some other classical composer and play some modern music and see what they say, amirite?

jazzman3s avatar Music
9 17
The voters have decided that jazzman3 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They'd say "How the hell is sound coming out of that tiny metal box??"

Don't do it with Beethoven unless you want to waste your time, though.

play some slayer for them

They'd probably be like-- "Why the hell am I even bothering?"

@They'd probably be like-- "Why the hell am I even bothering?"

I personally would really want to play some jazz for Bach on an organ or harpsichord haha

I'm no musician, but I'd love to play them some Necrophagist. Extremely heavy and brutal, but almost unparalleled as far as composition goes, nowadays. Complex playing, irregular time signatures, intense solos, and one can definitely hear the classical influence.

"Who the FUCK is Justin Bieber?"

midnightcookiess avatar midnightcookies Yeah You Are +1Reply

History tells us that they would most likely have trouble listening to music made 50 years after their death, let alone a few centuries.

@jazzman3 How do you mean?

People almost always dislike the music of their children's generations, or their grandchildren's generation. Now imagine trying to listen to the music of your great great great... grandchild's generation. I would bet money you wouldn't understand or like it.

weird! i was thinking this earlier :D

Bach isn't a classical composer, he's from the baroque period. Just throwing that out there.

XhollyXroseXs avatar XhollyXroseX Yeah You Are 0Reply
@XhollyXroseX Bach isn't a classical composer, he's from the baroque period. Just throwing that out there.

In the technical sense of the term "classical", yes, you are correct but for the purposes of the non-music scholar he is a classical composer.

Well... Now I am.

I guess every generation has new types of music, but hey today music isn't giving any message cause they can't or won't sing so you can understand them. Black music in particulat. In the 50's black singers knew how to sing with real english words now it is almost another language.