+602

Being dumped over facebook/msn/the internet or through a text is just immature and disrespectful. Seriously, grow some balls and say it to my face! amirite?

yay_jacket_doonas avatar Relationships
10 20
The voters have decided that yay_jacket_doona is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

GROW A FACE AND SAY IT TO MY BALLS!

Same thing happened to me, my ex dumped me over facebook chat. Everyone I've talked to agrees that that just makes him a dick and that he's a coward. It's not your fault, it's his. He's not good enough for you anyway if he's going to do something idiotic like he did.

geckopans avatar geckopan Yeah You Are +5Reply
@geckopan Same thing happened to me, my ex dumped me over facebook chat. Everyone I've talked to agrees that that just makes...

But he broke up with you... that automatically gives him one up over you. No matter how much of an idiot, dick, asshole he might be, you didn't leave him, he left you....

@KickAss But he broke up with you... that automatically gives him one up over you. No matter how much of an idiot, dick...

So? When he dumped me he lied about the reason. He claimed it would bring us "closer together" to just be friends. When in reality he dumped me for a guy. How does that make him better than me? He's still an asshole, he just hid it for six months.

geckopans avatar geckopan Yeah You Are +4Reply
@geckopan So? When he dumped me he lied about the reason. He claimed it would bring us "closer together" to just be friends...

Yes, but you liked that asshole, didn't ya? If he was such an asshole, then YOU should have dumped HIM, but you didn't, did ya?

@KickAss Yes, but you liked that asshole, didn't ya? If he was such an asshole, then YOU should have dumped HIM, but you...

He simply hid it well. When he comes crawling back (and he is the type to do that), there's no chance in hell I'd take him back. Someone who dumps people over facebook chat doesn't deserve anyone.

geckopans avatar geckopan Yeah You Are +2Reply
@geckopan He simply hid it well. When he comes crawling back (and he is the type to do that), there's no chance in hell I'd...

Okay, well just to let you know, I do not condone or practice that type of behavior, BUT I really don't feel bad for people whom this has happened to, because they should know who they are dating. I (this is me personally) feel that there is something deep inside everyone that tells you when you feel at peace with someone or not, now if the girl I'm seeing is hot enough, I dismiss these feelings and say that it's worth it, whatever the price I have to pay is. I've had my share of heartbreak before, but I can't say I didn't see it coming.

At least you're not bitter...

The only exception I can to see for this is if you're a long distance relationship. Then I think he/she should at least call if they're going to do it.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +4Reply

It's possible you're a psycho drama queen who would start a scene if they did it in person... you can't blame someone for wanting to avoid that.

@It's possible you're a psycho drama queen who would start a scene if they did it in person... you can't blame...

Yeah that's true. But I'm not the kind to cause a scene. I posted this a while ago when I was still upset about my ex - who broke up with me over msn. Which made it seem like he really didn't care enough to do it in person.

Happened to me via text. And after this it makes things really awkward the next time you see the person. So it's almost impossible to stay friends.

Lifes a bitch. I just try to get over it and move on with my life.

Puffy_Cupcakes avatar Puffy_Cupcake Yeah You Are +1Reply

I don't really mind by message. I mean, if it's been a year or 6 months you've been together, then it should be done face to face.
And some people just don't know how to say it face to face. Or don't like scenes. Or don't want to see the person they're dumping crying.
It's actually a complicated situation lol

My guy didn't even tell me. I read it on the newsfeed on facebook that he had a new girlfriend.

jrhoxos avatar jrhoxo Yeah You Are -1Reply

It really doesn't matter how the person breaks up with you. You can learn a lesson either way. Next time don't go out with a boy who would break up with you like that. Also if you're the type of person to complain about being broken up with in this fashion, then you're DEFINITELY the type of person who deserves to be broken up with in this way

@KateYo So every time someone does something disrespectful to you, you deserve it?

I did not say that AT ALL. You can control who you date, if YOU choose to date someone who doesn't care about you, then the fact that they did what they did shouldn't surprise you. People have such a bad misconception about relationships it has become ridiculous. Relationships are times to get to know your significant other, if after a considerable amount of time with them, you don't know the person well enough to generally guess what they will do, then you shouldn't complain when they do something, because you are obviously not that serious about the relationship. It's not always about the romantic things you do with each other. Personally, when I'm dating I talk to the girls A LOT and ask them about themselves, like an interview. If I don't like what I hear, then I just say, "NEXT" and get them out of my life. KNOW WHO YOU'RE DATING, is all I'm saying.