+671

I think "gurls" from other states and countries deserve a song about them as well, amirite?

Baconnoisseurs avatar Music
6 12
The voters have decided that Baconnoisseur is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

except maybe Wyoming. Come on, does anything really go on there? "So bored they'll melt your fun."

Yeah I'm from North Dakota and it's never hot enough here to melt anyone's popsicle!

I hope you're not making fun of her use of the word "gurls," because that actually is paying tribute to the lead singer of 70's pop band Big Star, who died in March of a heart attack. They had a song named September Gurls, and Katy Perry's manager was a huge fan of Big Star, so he asked her to change the spelling in the name.

@Shaan I hope you're not making fun of her use of the word "gurls," because that actually is paying tribute to the lead...

(Shaan.): Pretttttty sure they were just referring to the song California Gurls so we would know what they were talking about...

somebody is a little jealous

then maybe they should write those songs. it's not like they don't deserve it. those songs just haven't been written

Then write a song and stop bitching because you're ugly.

Well, maybe there have been those songs. They where just not written to be hit singles. And the subject matter wasn't nearly as amazing.

But California is amazing :) and the song was written because of the love the East Coast got with Empire State of Mind

Aww agreed!

california girls are the best though. so gorgeous!