-13

Porn should be illegal, amirite?

PurpleKneeSoxs avatar
1 20
The voters have decided that PurpleKneeSox is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Sucks that there are hardly any decent guys on amirite.

PurpleKneeSoxs avatar PurpleKneeSox Yeah You Are -1Reply

im a girl that likes porn

@im a girl that likes porn

Ok... hardly any decent guys or girls...

I wish I could vote on this a million times!!!!

Why?

@Kevinmat Why?

It's unnecessary, it's detrimental, and it's disrespectful.

PurpleKneeSoxs avatar PurpleKneeSox Yeah You Are -2Reply
@PurpleKneeSox It's unnecessary, it's detrimental, and it's disrespectful.

Well television is unnecessary, so let's illegalize that too, along with driving, for that matter.

And who is pornography disrespectful to?

@PurpleKneeSox False analogy. I would hope you would be more intelligent than that. Women.

First, it is actually a very true analogy. The first piece of your argument to illegalize pornography was that it is unnecessary, similar to the computer that you're typing on as we speak.

Second, if it is so disrespectful to women, then why do so many choose to participate? What is so wrong with having the freedom of choice, besides the fact that you don't like choice that they are making?

@Kevinmat First, it is actually a very true analogy. The first piece of your argument to illegalize pornography was that it...

I listed three reasons together. I doubt a television or driving fits all three.

It is disrespectful to women because it degrades them and their bodies. Many women choose to participate because they don't care that it is degrading, or enjoy it.
What is so wrong with the freedom of choice when people choose to do life-threatening drugs? Or bully other people? Because it's wrong.

PurpleKneeSoxs avatar PurpleKneeSox Yeah You Are 0Reply
@PurpleKneeSox I listed three reasons together. I doubt a television or driving fits all three. It is disrespectful to women...

It is only degrading in your opinion, so why is it your place to make that choice for all women? If one woman wants to "degrade" her body, which affects only her, then why is it your place to stop her?

@Kevinmat It is only degrading in your opinion, so why is it your place to make that choice for all women? If one woman...

Degradation is, by definition, to lower in character, quality, or dignity. To say that displaying women's bodies in such a way as they are in pornography is not degrading is not a matter of opinion, it is an obvious untruth. Simply because some people believe it is ok to watch and/or make porn does not mean it is not still degrading for a woman. To say otherwise is a mark of ignorance.

One woman wanting to degrade her body does NOT affect only her. It affects men by tempting them to do something that is wrong. It affects other women who have dignity, because their boyfriends/husbands are tempted to look at her body.

It is not my place to stop anyone; however, it is my responsibility to speak out against what I believe is wrong.

@PurpleKneeSox Degradation is, by definition, to lower in character, quality, or dignity. To say that displaying women's bodies in...

But it all comes back to choice again. A man may be tempted to look at pornography, simply because it exists, but he still has to make a conscious choice to do so. There are always going to be temptations in the world, but we were all blessed with the free will to decide whether or not to give in.

@Kevinmat But it all comes back to choice again. A man may be tempted to look at pornography, simply because it exists, but...

Just because a man must choose whether or not to view porn does not mean that porn is right to make or watch.

@PurpleKneeSox Just because a man must choose whether or not to view porn does not mean that porn is right to make or watch.

I never said that pornography was right, but it was a point of your argument, that it is degrading to men and their significant others because they are tempted to watch. It is not degrading for them to be tempted, it is degrading for them to give in, which is their choice to make.

@Kevinmat I never said that pornography was right, but it was a point of your argument, that it is degrading to men and their...

I said that porn itself (its contents) is degrading to women. Yes, it is the man's choice to give in or not to give in, but that does not mean that the temptation should be there. It's messed up to display women like that. Hence, my post.

@PurpleKneeSox I said that porn itself (its contents) is degrading to women. Yes, it is the man's choice to give in or not to give...

But pornography isn't a display of womankind, it is a display of one woman who chose to be displayed.

@Kevinmat But pornography isn't a display of womankind, it is a display of one woman who chose to be displayed.

What does it matter? It still shows women's bodies in a degrading way, regardless of whether or not it is voluntary.

And believe me when I say that most women feel the sting of being compared to some physically perfect woman.

@PurpleKneeSox What does it matter? It still shows women's bodies in a degrading way, regardless of whether or not it is...

So we're supposed to be illegalize anything that people may consider morally wrong? Even if it isn't the majority?

And I can empathize with that pain, but not all men compare their significant others to perfect women, so maybe each of these women need to find a new man.

Not all men consciously compare their significant other to ‘perfect’ women, but any man who views porn does, to some extent, juxtapose us with an idealistic body that most real women cannot attain.

Other morally wrong issues are not what we are talking about. The morally deficiency of porn just happens to be so ridiculously blatant that it is just another sad reminder of how downhill our world has gone.