+16

I don't understand abstract art. It's just a bunch of random paint splatter. So when an amateur artist does it, it's ugly. But when a "professional" does it, people are willing to pay thousands, maybe millions for it. amirite?

LaLaLaLucys avatar
0 4
The voters have decided that LaLaLaLucy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It has to do with contrast and proportions and that kind of stuff? I dunno, it takes some skill but not talent.

I think its beautiful. There are a LOT of different types of modern art. Not just splatter paint is modern art. My mom's friend named Karen is an artist, who has art shows and everything, and a lot of her art is really good. No one really knows who she is but her paintings are worth a lot. Hell, I painted a picture (being a twelve year old) and she said it could go for a LOT of money. (In my opinion.) Also, art isn't about how much it will be sold for, it's about expressing yourself.

@OvergrownTurkey I think its beautiful. There are a LOT of different types of modern art. Not just splatter paint is modern art. My...

Yeah cause this red blob shows how I felt before, this thing shows what I think of the world and this other blob shows my true feelings about now. It's not that I don't like it, people are just making a big deal out of it.

LaLaLaLucys avatar LaLaLaLucy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@LaLaLaLucy Yeah cause this red blob shows how I felt before, this thing shows what I think of the world and this other blob...

Sometimes splatter art is a good way to get anger out. "Blarg! I hate the world! throws paint" It's better than throwing people at canvases, isn't it?