+366

Girls take a way bigger chance when hitchhiking than guys do, amirite?

0 14

Because of rape.

oinks avatar oink Yeah You Are +1Reply
@oink Because of rape.

So you're saying that males are less likely to be raped?

@Iamsorite So you're saying that males are less likely to be raped?

Men and women can both be raped, but it's more common for a woman to be raped rather then a man. Also, if women are raped they have a chance of becoming pregnant; therefore, they take a bigger risk.

Yeah, kinda. It's not impossible for males to be raped but the chances are SO MUCH lower.

@Yeah, kinda. It's not impossible for males to be raped but the chances are SO MUCH lower.

(Megan:D): I disagree.
Men and women are at equal risk of being raped, sexually assaulted/harassed, etc.

@Iamsorite (Megan:D): I disagree. Men and women are at equal risk of being raped, sexually assaulted/harassed, etc.

Actually, legally, women can't be charged with rape.

so that's not really equal risk. And explain to me how a woman could possibly rape a man, that is, so to speak, non consentual on his part.

@piratedicecream Actually, legally, women can't be charged with rape. so that's not really equal risk. And explain to me how a...

I'm not 100% sure what the laws are like where you're from, but women can be charged with rape.
however, it is basically only able for a female to be charged with rape if the male is underage.

Which is ridiculously fucking stupid.
If women want equal rights, they need to take everything that comes with it, good or bad.
Now I'm not saying women go around fighting to prevent themselves from getting charged with rape, I'm just saying.

Remember kids; It's not rape if you enjoy it!

@derp Remember kids; It's not rape if you enjoy it!

It's not rape if you yell, "Surprise!"

It is dependent on the girl/guy in question and equally upon the person they attempt to obtain a ride from. A girl who plays rugby and knows several martial arts is infinitely safer when hitchhiking than a guy who hasn't done any exercise since the age of 12 and has a sprained ankle. Similiarly, if the driver of the car has a weapon easily to hand then they will pose a far greater risk to the hitchhiker than otherwise and the sex of the hitchiker would have little effect on this potential danger.

Anyone can get raped.

a way bigger chance, yes, but a way bigger payoff...i made it across canada, the u.s. and south america unharmed. there's potential for anyone and everyone to get taken advantage of with hitchhiking so, yea, there's risk involved but when it works out it's pretty effin amazing.