+284

When I read Harry Potter, the voice in my head suddenly has a British accent. amirite?

2 8

my mom thinks im mentaly ill beacause the voice in my head has a british accent

@42502

Does it get more british when you read Harry Potter? My voice gets more southern when I read the Grapes of Wrath.

The voice in my head always has a British accent, even though I'm not British. Harry Potter just seems to make it even more British.

Frahugganiffles avatar Frahugganiffle Yeah You Are 0Reply

The dialogue is in a British accent for me, but not the rest of it. Also lately the voice in my head has sounded like the voices of A Very Potter Musical in my mind.

That happens when I play the Harry Potter games. I talk in a British accent for days. :|

HettyPotters avatar HettyPotter Yeah You Are 0Reply

There is no one british accent. there are english, irish, scottish and welsh accents, which are all different, and each of those countries has lots of different dialects. I assume you mean a traditional 'queen's english' accent?

@There is no one british accent. there are english, irish, scottish and welsh accents, which are all different, and...

I actually meant whatever one you wanted. Nobody in the uk has a "Queen's English" accent anymore. I usually hear the voices of the actors in my head so I hear their accents, not all of them are the same. I know there isn't just one, just like there isn't just one "American accent." @43053 (Anonymous):