+464

The drinking age should be lowered to 18. If I have the rights of being a legal adult, I should be able to sit down and have a beer after a day's work, amirite?

1 36

It is 18 where I live

Well yeah, but some people your age aren't hard working adults. They still act like teenagers and mooch off their parents. It sucks for hard-working people like you that a lot of your generation is still immature and not ready to grow up. That's why the drinking limit is where it is. In my part of the world at least. Not like those ^ guys.

@ABitDisconsolate Well yeah, but some people your age aren't hard working adults. They still act like teenagers and mooch off their...

If you're allowed to smoke, you should be allowed to drink. And sure, a lot of people aren't very mature at 18, but they're more likely going to be no more mature at 21 so it won't really matter.

but how many 30 years olds are there out there, just as immature, that are not hard working people?
if that's your logic, then no one should be legal to drink, cause at any age, you'll find someone to ruin it.

Jesssicaxoxos avatar Jesssicaxoxo Yeah You Are +1Reply

Right, because unlike 18 year olds, 21 year old college kids are really mature hardworking adults who don't mooch of their parents.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +1Reply

People who grow up in every other part of the world besides the USA grow up with alcohol and there parents taught them not to be irresponsible idiots. Now it's such a big deal in the US that they cant abruptly change it because the younger generations will freak out and get drunk all the time.

It's 16 in Belgium, but the driveing age is 18, so you've got experinance drinking before you get behiend the wheel. But the worst part about the 21 age limt is that you can serve in the army at 18. You can fight and die for your country, but the same country won't let you relax by drinking a beer.

it's 21 because your brain isn't done developing and they don't want you harming the process by drinking. Didn't you take 9th grade health?

it's 16 where I live for beer and you can drive with 18
it makes much more sense, because with drinking you're only "hurting" yourself, but to drive a car takes much more responsibility
alcohol isn't a bad thing jeez

aanyas avatar aanya Yeah You Are +1Reply

If you're old enough to kill at war, own homes, work, and take responsibility of yourself, you should be able to drink. USA IS the only place where its more than 21. If you can decide your life you should be smart enough to decide if you should or shouldn't drink. That would definately lower the drug use.

@370341

where do you live!!
i wanna live there!!

I think USA is the only place where the drinking age isn't 18 or lower

@guci I think USA is the only place where the drinking age isn't 18 or lower

Singapore's 18. Their age limit for driving is also 18.

Sucks to be a Singaporean at times.

That would be awful if irresponsible and immature 18 year olds could drink... Alcohol should just be banned altogether.

@Atomic_Cow That would be awful if irresponsible and immature 18 year olds could drink... Alcohol should just be banned altogether.

But you can drive at 16 in America, that's not irresponsible at all, oh wait.. YES IT IS!

CharlesTGs avatar CharlesTG Yeah You Are +4Reply

Then, it would be like prohibition in the 20's and people would still drink anyway, just without people knowing.

It is 18 where I live. I think it's weird that it is 21 in America, oh well. Not going there any time soon, so no complaints here.

Its 18 in Ontario and 17 in Quebec (I think) and B.C is 21? If your'e a legal adult you should be able to drink too, right?

In American it was 18 but too many teenage drunk drivers...

@In American it was 18 but too many teenage drunk drivers...

There are more drunk drivers now that the age is 21.

its 18 in most of canada i think.. thats why i like living here (: but watch, right when i turn 18, they'll raise the drinking age to 21, and i will be seriously pissed. :P

Actually you may be considered an adult when you're eighteen, but the brain isn't fully matured until the age of 25 regardless of intellect. There's a reason for that law for alcohol can still screw up your developing brain.

@Actually you may be considered an adult when you're eighteen, but the brain isn't fully matured until the age of 25...

Then why would so many other areas of the world allow for drinking at 18 or younger?

People that think it should be lowered are pretty dumb because they're the sluts drinking underage anyway. And I really doubt "have a beer" is what they mean. More like"get shit faced drunk, piss everywhere, and have lots of unprotected sex."

@People that think it should be lowered are pretty dumb because they're the sluts drinking underage anyway. And I...

The term "slut" does not mean underage drinkers, firstly. Secondly, I do mean "have a beer." Lastly, it's not any better if a 21 year old, rather than an 18 year old, "gets shit faced drunk, pisses everywhere, and has lots of unprotected sex," so your point is invalid.

it doesnt really matter when the legal drinking age is, you can technically still drink ig u want

I don't think there's anyone over 18 who hasn't had a drink... But it definitely should be 18 like everywhere else

It should be 18 for military only