8 39

I think it depends on what happened.

@hahahahahhahahahahha yah. Please tell

Holocaust, millions of jews were inhumanely murdered.

@Holocaust, millions of jews were inhumanely murdered.

and 5 million more gypsies, black people, gay people, mentally and physically disabled people etc were murdered as well as the 6 million jews.

Are you the original poster? I don't mean that to sound hostile or anything. Really, since you're both anonymous, I was just wondering.

well 60 years ago was...WWII and the holocaust. we cant really get over that yet, i hope youre talking about something else.

60 years ago was 1950. =/

the beatles

depends what the poster was talking about, idiiots

This is what's wrong with everyone on here. They just blindly agree with things, going along with the crowd. This post is over +1,000 and I think it's talking about the holocaust. Idiots...

i love looking into the less miserable past

OnePiecepkmns avatar OnePiecepkmn Yeah You Are +1Reply

HI GINNY!

@HI GINNY!

(Harry Potter): ugh, harry grow up, shes trying to espress herself

@HI GINNY!

(Harry Potter): lol!!!! I'm dying of laughter!

Unfortunatly, we cannot blame simply Hitler for the holocaust, because one man could not run a genocidal nation by himself.
And yet, we cannot completely blame the Nazis. most were just soldiers forced to fight.

Could the OP please clarify which event they are talking about? Everyone's assuming that it was the holocaust, but there are many other things that happened 60 years ago.

case in point, though, Hiroshima & Nagasaki; I'm sick and tired of my history teachers telling me we should be ashamed to be the only country to have used a nuclear weapon, because you know what? They deserved it.

@case in point, though, Hiroshima & Nagasaki; I'm sick and tired of my history teachers telling me we should be...

Arguable. The problem with the nuclear bomb is that it killed people who did not "deserve it". Your teachers are right, we should be ashamed, but not because we were the only country to do that, because we did it. Period. We should look back on why we did it and learn from that and next time think before we do something that would affect so many people.

@silverstarshadow3 Arguable. The problem with the nuclear bomb is that it killed people who did not "deserve it". Your teachers are...

We were in a war, and the japs wouldn't come to an agreement.. so we had to save our own people... The bombs did that. If we hadn't put an end to it like we did, there would've been many more incidents like pearl harbor.. And if we hadn't put a end to it, we may not have stopped hitler in time.. like not having enough troops to send to normandy because we didnt have enough resources because we were at war with Japan. So, yeah, we hurt many people on the enemies side, but the repercussions of it were us and our allies benefiting.

oof. fighting words. be careful what you say, I'm sure if you 're still in school that you can't possibly have a complete grasp on the situation, just an ignorant kid making assumptions.

@oof. fighting words. be careful what you say, I'm sure if you 're still in school that you can't possibly have a...

but srsly tho, is that not what the jews are doing to the palistinians now? just more subtler, like bombing childrens schools...........i have no sympathy. and they always pull out the torah and say 'es our right'!!! pricks

catcall443s avatar catcall443 Yeah You Are -3Reply
@catcall443 but srsly tho, is that not what the jews are doing to the palistinians now? just more subtler, like bombing...

who the f*** are you to say they deserved it? and do you think that they dont bomb israeli schools and kindergartens.. all u ppl believe what you hear from all the american news like cnn and sky news who dont know what they are talking about... lets c wat you think once your entire family gets killed ok?

2sides_2_every_story 0Reply

You're a fucking faggot.

The Palestinians are crazed suicidal bombers trying to steal the Holy Land from the people that were there since 3000 years before a Palestinian set foot on the land.

@You're a fucking faggot. The Palestinians are crazed suicidal bombers trying to steal the Holy Land from the...

And that is a stereotype. Maybe there are "crazed suicidal bombers" among them, but they are certainly not all like that. Maybe they have a perfectly good reason for trying to take the land. I'm really not sticking up for either side here - I don't know enough about the situation to decide that - but you should be a little more open-minded.

honestly, get over the Holocaust. Hitler was a bastard, who really cares anymore? history happens, you can't change it, so you just have to live with it. don't get me wrong, i think it was horrible! but im not gonna keep going on about it..

@honestly, get over the Holocaust. Hitler was a bastard, who really cares anymore? history happens, you can't change...

Excuse me, but there is still repercussions of the holocaust that is still occuring. How can you say just to get over it? What about the MILLIONS of people that died because of one man and his ideology. We have to keep going on about it to ensure that NOTHING like that ever occurs again. Don't you get that?

My grandpa died in the Holocaust. I still care that I never met him. My mom still cares. My grandma cares. How dare you tell me to get over it. Why don't you lose someone close to you in a Genocide, then tell people to get over it?

@He's not someone close to you, he's someone you never met.

I'm talking about the pain my mom and grandma and uncles went through. I understand their pain because I lost my uncle, who was like my grandpa, 2 years ago.

They can still be close to you, even if you've never met them. And don't use this as an excuse to say "I'm really close to [celebrity] even though I've never met them!" It's terrible that Smiley_Face_Ninja's grandfather died in the holocaust, and as he's her(?) grandfather, she has a right to be sad.

you can't forget that sort of thing... have you ever read Night by Elie Wiesel? One of his basic themes was rememberance. Rememberance is the only thing that can keep something like the Holocaust from happening again.

You have serious problems. "Getting over it" is like saying that you've forgiven, forgotten, etc. and that is something that we cannot do. In 50 years are you going to be telling Americans to "get over" 9/11, I'm sure that the little girl my sister is friends with will appreciate you telling her to get over the horrific attack that caused her fathers death...

Anonymous