+563

Water is free from a tap. No! I must spend my hard-earned money on bottled water! It not only pollutes our air because it's imported but the bottle poisons our land for over 100000 years! $1.10 for all that AND water?!?! Such a good deal! amirite?

Rysias avatar
6 21
The voters have decided that Rysia is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

People are so fucking stupid. Buy a brita, then pour it into a plastic or metal reusable bottle. Look! Now you have bottled water.

you do realize you have to pay for your water bill that comes out of the tap right?? who are you to tell people what to spend THEIR hard earned money on? sometimes a bottle of water is more convenient because you dont always have a glass of water just sitting there for you duuur

@you do realize you have to pay for your water bill that comes out of the tap right?? who are you to tell people...

It's not nearly as expensive though. And most water from water bills is from showers and washing machines and stuff. Drinking water from taps is barelyt anything.

After a hurricane of some other disaster I definitely wouldn't drink the tap....that is just unsafe.

Shut the fuck up(:
I suddenly feel the urge to go buy a nice cold 24 pack of bottled water!

Imported water?

You're an idiot. Water isn't free because it comes from your sink...

I think the OP may have been saying that you could always use a drinking fountain if there is one, thoses are free, or you could get a metal reusable bottle and carry that around

Also, not everyone has the fucking privilege of having 100% safe tap water, regardless of whether or not a Brita filter is used. So don't hate. Besides, it's called "recycling," have you heard of that before?

@Also, not everyone has the fucking privilege of having 100% safe tap water, regardless of whether or not a Brita...

it still uses fossil fuels and such to create one 24 pack of water makes like i think 1 ton of grewen house gas emissions for a year. So... yeah recycling doesn't make everything better.

Buy a filter.
Recycling also causes more carbon emissions :P It's not the answe to everything.

Do you carry a glass around with you at all times? What do you do if you're out and you get thirsty? I'm so intrigued =P

@Cassie_baby Do you carry a glass around with you at all times? What do you do if you're out and you get thirsty? I'm so intrigued =P

Instead of bottled water you could just buy a water bottle from the store, fill it with tap water and carry that around.

Just because someone buys a water bottle when they are out and thirsty it doesn't mean they can't reuse it dumbass so stope hateing on people who buy bottles of water. what gives you the right to manage what people drink and how they spend their. Money on to drink it? Exactly, nobody. So stay out of peoples lives

@Just because someone buys a water bottle when they are out and thirsty it doesn't mean they can't reuse it dumbass...

there's no reason to unnecessarily be an asshole, by posting his opinion on bottle water usage he's not telling people how to spend their money, nor is he getting "in their lives". Its just his opinion people

My friends and I all brought metal, reusable water bottles to school so we didn't have to waste plastic. And we convinced other people to do it as well. Every little bit helps.

Water coming from the faucet IS cheaper than bottled water. Moreover, about 96 percent of bottled water brands don't actually filter their water to the point where it becomes "more pure" than tap water. Almost all bottled water is essentially tap water. And the environmental damage that results from the production and disposal of bottled water is immense. Great post.

Uhh no. I have a well and there are small amounts of radon in my water. So no thanks, I'd rather get a bottle

tap water is like 1 cent per.0001 ounce so yea, plus there are other not brita filters that do work, i think OP is saying don't only buy bottled water, only if you're not at home and don't have a reusable one (which you should)

You can't understand not having tap water that is safe to drink until you live somewhere like that. The water company we had where I used to live would send out letters saying not to drink the tap water if you are young, old or pregnant. Personally I would rather not drink it whether I am under those conditions or not. And living in an area with several chemical plants as well as hurricanes makes you leery of the tap water anyways.