+17

It really does suck that us Christians are stereotyped as people who are closed-minded and judgmental, because that is the exact opposite of what we should be shooting for, amirite?

ItsJulieJoness avatar
2 21
The voters have decided that ItsJulieJones is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It isn't even that they are closed minded. It's that they shove their opinion down my throat but when I say I am agnostic they will not listen to why, only tell me that I am wrong to be. I know not all do this, but most that I have met do. This goes for people of all religions as well.

@AndyBlacksmith It isn't even that they are closed minded. It's that they shove their opinion down my throat but when I say I am...

I guess it's just because we are called to spread our beliefs. Some, if not most, completely misconstrue that and do the exact opposite of what we are told to you. But yeah, I completely understand. It's frustrating.

@AndyBlacksmith I won't go to any church for that reason.

I understand, but not all churches are like that. Which brings me back to what I posted. It sucks that people don't want to put themselves in that kind of environment, all because of what hypocritical people have put off as the Christian image.

@ItsJulieJones I understand, but not all churches are like that. Which brings me back to what I posted. It sucks that people don't...

Explain to me why I NEED to put myself into a church? If you can truly convince me, I will go to church next week.

@AndyBlacksmith Explain to me why I NEED to put myself into a church? If you can truly convince me, I will go to church next week.

If you're legitimately considering it, I think you should put yourself in a church to ask questions. Get a better understanding of what Christians are truly about. And if they can't reach out to you, reach out to them. If they shove their views down your throat, discuss what we've been discussing. I don't know what kind of church you're talking about, but if it's anything like mine, a discussion is all we need.

@ItsJulieJones If you're legitimately considering it, I think you should put yourself in a church to ask questions. Get a better...

I have tried that. They try to make it one sided and I won't have it. They refuse to discuss my opinions.

@AndyBlacksmith I have tried that. They try to make it one sided and I won't have it. They refuse to discuss my opinions.

Then they aren't doing what they're told to do. It says in the Bible specifically that we are called to glorify God's image, and all they are doing is making things worse.

@ItsJulieJones Then they aren't doing what they're told to do. It says in the Bible specifically that we are called to glorify...

Yeah, glorify God by killing non believers for hundreds of years and bringing death and destruction to other religions.

@Yeah, glorify God by killing non believers for hundreds of years and bringing death and destruction to other religions.

Hah. I'm just going to stop commenting. I'm not an idiot, I know what Christians have done wrong, and why they are stereotyped. But to your comment, I'd like to add that Christians were put through a crap load of persecution, too. But regardless, I'm done. I apologize that you think poorly of Christians because of what other Christians have done. And that's really all I can say.

@ItsJulieJones Hah. I'm just going to stop commenting. I'm not an idiot, I know what Christians have done wrong, and why they are...

Yeah. You'd think after going through all that persecution, they wouldn't turn around and do the same thing. Crazy, huh?

@Yeah. You'd think after going through all that persecution, they wouldn't turn around and do the same thing...

Hahahah. You obviously missed the whole point of this post. Now you've found yourself being the hypocrite, persecuting me. Congratulations.

Stop being ignorant. While that may have happened, that doesn't mean that Christians today would do the same. Don't blame people today for what has happened in the past.

@And you're just a confused little bitch. sorry.

How am I confused? You're the one thinking that Christians today are the exact same as back then. I just want them to listen to my opinion if they are going to tell me theirs.

hahahahahha you make me laughhhh :) lmao
but seriously, PEOPLE SIN ! PEOPLE PROSECUTE EACH OTHER! PEOPLE ARE CRUEL! this does NOT mean that the religion is flawed, it means that HUMANITY is flawed. (and the Bible adressed that, so I guess it was right) :)

Tell them you have heard what they did during the crusades. Then cum in the holy water.

@Tell them you have heard what they did during the crusades. Then cum in the holy water.

You are doing the same thing. I want to DISCUSS. If I do that, then it's one sided again.

Anonymous