+20

there are alot of post bout people complaining bout there younger siblings. but its not so hot being the younger one ya know. amirite?

0 5

No offense, Anonymous, but my post was saying that my siblings need to be quiet while im doing something with a microphone. However, you can't be the oldest and the youngest at the same time, so I will give you some examples of why I hate being the oldest. Parents can't afford a babysitter? Have the oldest do it. Also, when it comes to the first, parents have NO experience dealing with teenage issues, like if I like a girl, Mom/Dad are the LAST person I would want to talk to about it. The oldest is a "Learning" child, and parents are like novices at parenting for the first, and often, younger ones are the "babies" of the family and get more stuff, while the oldest is expected to be more mature, and needs to learn how to fend for themselves at 10, while the next isn't required to brush their hair until age 12. If you read all this, I applaud you.

Maxs avatar Max No Way 0Reply
@Max No offense, Anonymous, but my post was saying that my siblings need to be quiet while im doing something with a...

You can be the oldest and youngest at the same time! Be a single child! :D
Actually, being the younges (my oldest related brother is 22 years older than me, older full brother is 6 years older), I can tell you I am treated the exact same way as my older brother. HE was the one who was babied, and didn't have to fend for himself until he was 18. (I'm talking 'bout meh full brother) While I am here, having to do what he does. He has to buy presents w/ his own money now, so do I. He has to get a job soon, so do I. Basically, the youngeesxt in my family is the one they go the hardest on.

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez Yeah You Are 0Reply

As the middle child and oldest boy I can see both sides. Bonuses of being oldest: no hand me downs, Being looked up to (even if they don't show it), Sometimes parents let you do stupid things that your younger sibling never will xD. Cons of being oldest: more responsibility, privilege inflation (younger siblings always get privileges younger than you did), being expected to always be a good example, babysitting, younger siblings are freaking obnoxious, parents make mistakes on the "test child" aka the oldest. Bonuses of being younger: Annoying older siblings, privilege inflation, parents make fewer mistakes, fewer responsibilities. Cons of being younger: Older siblings hate you, parents treat you like you're 3 forever, dating? dream on, being excluded from things, demeaning nicknames. <---- all my opinion and experience of course, no claims of objectivity.

Being the youngest isnt all that great. It does have its advantages, but you'll always be treated like you're 3, no matter how old you are, no one will take you seriously, you'll always be compared to your older sibling, and you're expected to be as good as (or better than) them and you'll end up living in their shadow.

Bun10s avatar Bun10 Yeah You Are 0Reply