+309

You know more about 7 years of Harry Potter history than you do of one year of your own country's history, amirite?

14 25

igloos, polarbears, maple syrup, bieber. thats basically 200 years of all thats happened here

I took APUSH last year, I think I'm good with both of them...

@CapedCrusader Did you take APHPH too?

Yes...that's why I said I did...

@Yes...that's why I said I did...

I'm not sure if you didn't get my joke or I don't get your joke...

@CapedCrusader I'm not sure if you didn't get my joke or I don't get your joke...

Whoops my fault. Your jokes pretty clever. See, that's the problem with feeling snarky, it clouds your judgement.

Anyone who YYA: You live a sad life.

@Pedo_Cat muggles...

So you're a fucking wizard because you've read seven books about things that have never happened. Fucking pathetic.

@pb55020 So you're a fucking wizard because you've read seven books about things that have never happened. Fucking pathetic.

I never really understood why people always sound so bitter when they insult Harry Potter fans.

@Tempest_Trance I never really understood why people always sound so bitter when they insult Harry Potter fans.

because it's really annoying. It's HARRY POTTER IS THE BEST. EXPELLIARMUS!!, and then they get annoyed with Twilight fans (which I also hate) EDWARD CULLEN IS SOOOOOO HOT. It's just all around hypocritical. they both act like it's real, but get annoyed with the other one because they're acting like it's real.

@pb55020 because it's really annoying. It's HARRY POTTER IS THE BEST. EXPELLIARMUS!!, and then they get annoyed with...

I can understand the annoyance. But the difference is that I'm sure 99% of Twilight and Harry Potter fans do, in fact, realize that those worlds are not real. They're just goofing around; they're 'anger' isn't often true anger when they make a rebuttal that the fantasies are real. The people who snap back, on the other hand, are often really vicious.

Anyway, I'm sure Pedo_Cat was just joking around, not trying to make anyone believe that they're a wizard. I thought your reply was a bit over the top, is all.

@Tempest_Trance I can understand the annoyance. But the difference is that I'm sure 99% of Twilight and Harry Potter fans do, in...

Its not real!? I thought everything in the form of literature was true! So, there's no Harry Potter? Lestat and Louie aren't real either? And there's no secret window to look down on a secret garden? I feel betrayed by these authors.

am I a FUCKING wizard? No, I'm still a virgin believe it or not! Just ol' Pedo_cat creepin' as usual...

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are 0Reply

It's cool how you assume everyone loves Harry Potter.

Sorry, I'm not pathetic

I mean, the Harry Potter books start in the summer before school, skip to the first day of school, skip to the first day of class, skip to Halloween, then Christmas, then sometime in the Spring, then a few weeks later, then the ending. You know a lot less about the happenings of Hazza Pothead than you think you do.

And if this is even a close call, I agree with ^

@Pedo_Cat someone didn't do their homework and only watched the movies...

I've read all the books several times each, thanks. Take the 4th book, for example. After they return to school, Dumbledore informs the students about the Triwizard Tournament, then it skips ahead a couple months to the arrival of the other schools. After the champions are chosen, it skips ahead to the first challenge, then to the second, then to the third, with brief parts in between where Harry realizes that he just wasted the last couple months and now he only has a few days to prepare.

@DanielJames I've read all the books several times each, thanks. Take the 4th book, for example. After they return to school...

No, not at all. Between the Dumbledore informing the school of the Triwizard tournament Harry is picked as the 4th champion, an investigation ensues, and Hagrid shows Harry what is to come in the first task. Also, Rita skeeter writes quite a few embarrassing articles regarding Harry, and Malfoy is turned into a ferret.

Between the first and the second, Hagrid's blast ended screwts become a daily class activity, Harry invites Parvati Patil to the Yule ball, overhears conversations between Snape/Karkaroff and Hagrid/Madam Maxime. Also, Dumbledore hints of the existence of the room of requirement (stumbling upon a room filled with chamber pots). Oh, and Rita skeeter writes an article about Hagrid being half giant, which turns out to be true.

Between the second and the third Snape begins to notice that someone is stealing polyjuice potion ingredients from his stores, Barty Crouch disappears, then turns up again, then disappears again. Harry gets kinda pro at DADA spells, Hermione helps him learn charms in preparation for the 3rd task. Harry views the pensieve and old trials. (and some other stuff I forgot, it's been a while)
Harry Has weird dreams and shit between every event. I...

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Pedo_Cat No, not at all. Between the Dumbledore informing the school of the Triwizard tournament Harry is picked as the 4th...

n the first book I can see your point a little, but in the later books you're just plain wrong.

@Pedo_Cat n the first book I can see your point a little, but in the later books you're just plain wrong.

Gaps in story line where nothing of note occurs:

Aug 1st - Aug 22 (22 days)
Sept 6th - Oct 27th (51 days)
Nov 3rd - Nov 12th (9 days)
Nov 15th - Nov 20th (6 days)
Nov 25th - Dec 6th (11 days)
Dec 12th - Dec 17th (6 days)
Dec 19th - Dec 24th (6 days)
Dec 26th - Jan 3rd (9 days)
Jan 5th - Jan 15th (11 days)
Jan 23rd - Feb 21st (30 days)
Feb 25th - Mar 4th (8 days)
Mar 12th - May 26th (75 days)
June 1st - June 23rd (23 days)

The complete story line falls from July 31st to July 3rd the next year.
That's 337 days. On 267 of those days, we have no idea what's happening in Harry's life. That's a hair under 80%. And I only included gaps of 5 days or more.

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/timel...lendar_gf.html

@DanielJames Gaps in story line where nothing of note occurs: Aug 1st - Aug 22 (22 days) Sept 6th - Oct 27th (51 days) Nov 3rd...

Point 1: I'm not quite sure I buy some of these gaps, especially the 75 day one before the 3rd task.

and

Point 2: When you compare these gaps to one year in Americas history, I'm pretty sure you know more about Harry Potter using this logic.