7 17

Actually, english is the most commonly spoken language around the world. Most countries teach it as a second language.

@fangirl12 Actually, english is the most commonly spoken language around the world. Most countries teach it as a second language.

Yes, but the majority of the world does not speak it statistically. According to ethnologue.com (http://www.ethnologue.com/ethno...on.asp?by=size) only ~329,000,000 people speak it, compare that to ~6,800,000,000 human beings inhabiting this planet. Hence, the amiwriter (writer of this post) is correct.

Why do people always assume aliens are at least somewhat humanoid when evolutionarily that's not realistic because they evolved on a completely different planet?

@angels_001 Why do people always assume aliens are at least somewhat humanoid when evolutionarily that's not realistic because...

This. People also assume they'd be like our animals in some way - ie, breathe using lungs, walk with legs, etc., whereas they'd probably have communication and movement totally different. They might even have senses different to ours (touch, taste, smell).

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +4Reply

Exactly ! Their voice boxes could have developed in such a different way from ours that verbal communication might not even be possible. Maybe they would be so different from us that they wouldn't even communicate verbally, but in some other way that humans couldn't even imagine.

TheGirlOnFires avatar TheGirlOnFire Yeah You Are +2Reply

They wouldn't have evolved into anything because the THEORY of evolution is just a theory, and a bad one at that.

@1437450

What flaws? It's better than believing in an unproved THEORY.

@What flaws? It's better than believing in an unproved THEORY.

Flaws? Here's my favorite. If Adam and Eve were the 1st people, EVERYONE is a product of incest. Isn't incest a sin? Another. Jesus put mud on that dudes eyes, yes? Mud is full of bacteria. That can't be good for a person. The world is 6 thousand years old? Explain fossils. Here's the question I asked when I was about 5. If God made everything, who made God? Now explain... Foreigners. Black people? Hispanics? Asains? If Adam and Eve were the first people did we EVOLVE into other races? Explain every question I asked you, please.

@The answers are in Genesis through Revelations. Read and you will be enlightened.

No thanks. I'm tring to finish all the books on the banned
book list first. Read and you will be enlightened. PS. Sorry for being highly bitchy in my first comment.

All the countries that REALLY matter do.

Since when did people assume aliens speak English?

I dare say it depends where you're from. If you're from a country that doesn't speak english then I'd say any films or TV shows with aliens in them would depict them as speaking that country's language, and seeing as media is why people in english speaking countries think aliens would speak english, the people of that country would assume they spoke their language. At least that's what I always thought.

Most countries speak English.

Anonymous