+23

The only reason we'd need to use high school math, is if the world was taken over by a a sadistic, math-loving, alien race, and they would kill us if we could not properly graph a linear equation. amirite?

fangirl12s avatar
0 2
The voters have decided that fangirl12 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Tell that to the engineers working at the LHC and physicists there who hope to develop a standard model beyond our current one that accounts for relativity and quantum physics.

@Monarchry Tell that to the engineers working at the LHC and physicists there who hope to develop a standard model beyond our...

I know. When it's needed, it's really important, and way hard. In most fields of work though, complicated math like that isn't neccessary. And, I know this isn't an equation, but I don't think anyone will ever need to prove, that triangle ABC is congruent to triangle DEF, and not be allowed to use measuring tools, forcing them to try to remember what the heck a "subtraction postulate" is.