+10

If a post is about how awesome/terrible Justin Bieber, Twilight, Harry Potter, or Mylie Cyrus are just don't vote either way on it. Together, we can rid the site of these posts, amirite?

AndyBlacksmiths avatar
0 7
The voters have decided that AndyBlacksmith is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Whoa, that came out long... Oh, well. I gotta get it out of my system :P

Well. Do Harry Potter -related posts count? I agree with the awesome/terrible thing, there's a whole shitload of them now, but surely you can't be annoyed by posts like "The 3D glasses for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows should look like Harry Potter's glasses"? Because that's as much of an opinion as anything else.

@lecornergirl Well. Do Harry Potter -related posts count? I agree with the awesome/terrible thing, there's a whole shitload of...

Stuff like that doesn't bug me. That post makes sense. Most people just say, "Harry Potter > Twilight."

First of all, this has been posted at least a thousand times.

Second, they are two totally different movies. One deals with wizards and magic, the other with vampires and werewolves. People just like to argue, not discuss.

AndyBlacksmiths avatar AndyBlacksmith Yeah You Are 0Reply
@AndyBlacksmith Stuff like that doesn't bug me. That post makes sense. Most people just say, "Harry Potter > Twilight." First of...

I suppose that's true. Although, on Fanpop, there are some intelligent discussions going on with valid points coming from both sides.
And also, I think the major reason they're being compared to each other is the huge hype that surrounds both. I mean, yes, like you said, they're completely different BOOKS, but desperate people have tried to find as many things as possible that Twilight could have copied from HP - personally, I don't think names count.
But you simply can't deny that Stephenie Meyer seems rather fond of
A) the apparent importance of physical appearance (it's insane how many references to Edward's beauty she makes in a single chapter).
B) a few choice words that she often uses wrongly (chagrin, anyone?) and
C) biological and physical impossibilities (there is just no freaking way that Bella and Edward could have sex, seeing as Edward doesn't have a blood flow, which means he couldn't get an erection).

@lecornergirl I suppose that's true. Although, on Fanpop, there are some intelligent discussions going on with valid points...

I have never been on that site, but from my experience on this one there are not very many intellectuals discussing Twilight.

@AndyBlacksmith I have never been on that site, but from my experience on this one there are not very many intellectuals discussing...

you should try it. There's a spot called Harry Potter vs. Twilight, and while most of the Twilighters do come accross as retards (TWLIHGT IZ DA SHIT!!11! I LUV EDWAED LIEK SO MUCH11! HES SOOOO SMEXXAY!) some of them are willing -- eager, almost -- to debate about it. And they do have valid points.