+260

Most teenagers don't know shit about politics and current events, they just want to seem opinionated and intelligent without even putting in any effort. ex. "I support Obama!" translation: "I like Obama's campaign slogan! Plus my parents are Democrats!" We need to actually start knowing facts. amirite?

shannonnns avatar
8 73
The voters have decided that shannonnn is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I sure know jack shit about the government, but I know some people my age that are actually interested in this stuff.

@RiddlesAreHard I sure know jack shit about the government, but I know some people my age that are actually interested in this stuff.

yup! and thank you for admitting what you know.. or dont, unlike some idiots out there ( like the people who voted for Alan Greene)

yeah thats true, there are definitely some people. i took a class about current events and there were a few kids in it, but the majority just dont care at alll. its ridiculous

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are -2Reply
@shannonnn yeah thats true, there are definitely some people. i took a class about current events and there were a few kids in...

it truly is.. you'd think they would care about the government, considering what we are going to inherit thanks to the idiocy of the people in charge.. not looking forward to paying off our taxes and debts

When Obama was running for election I was like, hey he has some good points, and out of everyone running, in my opinion he was the best option. But now, I'm just pissed and let down. People my age think that if you're a democrat, you're against war, and if you're a republican you're pro war. There are more factors people. But I've basically given up on my generation...

This statement isn't necessarily true, though it's true about some it's unfair to say most unless you've had a deep political conversation with most teenagers. On the contrary this past election I've started keeping up with politics more than my parents. Also my parents formed a completely unbiased overview of both parties because they didn't want me just saying I was democrat because they were.

@lalallama This statement isn't necessarily true, though it's true about some it's unfair to say most unless you've had a deep...

I know that there are some kids like you and myself who care about the government and current events, but based on kids in my school, and people on the internet, it's clear that way too many teenagers are out smoking pot and drinking alcohol and not giving a crap about the real world.
Thats really cool that your parents can do that, though. I know that alot of people are super influenced by their parents. I got lucky to have a Republican dad and a Democratic mom, so it was pretty much up to me to decide.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are -3Reply
@shannonnn I know that there are some kids like you and myself who care about the government and current events, but based on...

outta curiosity what did you decide? and wow like everyone I know is super into politics...

@lalallama outta curiosity what did you decide? and wow like everyone I know is super into politics...

Seriously?! Everyone i know doesn't give a crap. It reallyy gets to me.
Hahahaha I chose to be Republican. Which is weird, because all of my politics/history teachers are Democrats, so I'm constantly hearing their opinions. I'm not totally Republican though, since I support gay marriage and I don't approve of the death penalty- but the majority of my other beliefs are conservative.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are 0Reply
@shannonnn Seriously?! Everyone i know doesn't give a crap. It reallyy gets to me. Hahahaha I chose to be Republican. Which is...

ugh i hate the death penalty it makes me want to SPIT. the death penalty is what really get to me hahaha. what i hate is SO MANY PEOPLE have been innocent and that's not exactly something you can say "oops" about. dare i ask about abortion?

@lalallama ugh i hate the death penalty it makes me want to SPIT. the death penalty is what really get to me hahaha. what i...

I'm pro death penalty in certain cases, and pro abortion. Pro death penalty in cases where the guilt of the convict has been proven, and where the magnitude of the crime is severe enough.

cuz i don't like how a lot of rebuplicans make it seem like democrats are FOR ABORTION.... no we aren't for killing babies we just think its up to the woman. and i also think that men shouldn't have much of a say on the issue. plus just cuz you're a democrat doens't mean you're for the right of abortion. that's the main thing i don't like most republicans do

@lalallama cuz i don't like how a lot of rebuplicans make it seem like democrats are FOR ABORTION.... no we aren't for killing...

Ahh i'm against abortion! I used to be pro-choice, though, so I can understand where you're coming from. It's so difficult because it's the woman's body, but the child is also technically the father's, so why shouldn't he have a say? But then he doesn't have to give birth to it, and it's just so complicated that it's an impossible debate. Plus then it depends on whether or not you think the baby is technically alive yet. It's just so confusing. I hate debating abortion because its so difficult.
I know what you mean, though. some people act like democrats are promoting abortion, when clearly nobody is doing that.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are +1Reply
@shannonnn Ahh i'm against abortion! I used to be pro-choice, though, so I can understand where you're coming from. It's so...

ya i said they shouldn't have much of a say, as for married people getting abortions they're dumb as hell and need to have the damn baby, but like you know then the whole "raped teenager" arguement comes up which is why i think it shouldn't be illegal because some people kinda do need it.
so plain and simple I think it should be legal but frowned upon, like now

@lalallama ya i said they shouldn't have much of a say, as for married people getting abortions they're dumb as hell and need...

yeah thats so true. i mean, forcing a teenager to carry a baby after getting raped is just ridiculous. thats just a permanent reminder of something i'm sure they want to forget.

@shannonnn yeah thats so true. i mean, forcing a teenager to carry a baby after getting raped is just ridiculous. thats just a...

ya i know.... ugh. nasty pedobears should go die along with racist and sexist people. then all the cool people that are left can have a big party

I actually do know a reasonable amount about politics, and I support Obama. Most of my peers call themselves Republicans just because their parents tell them to. It irritates me when people go around saying things about politicians (whether or not I agree) when they don't know anything about them.

Dear dude who is spamming everyone to vote no way on this post,
Go away.

• Love, Kylee.

I think the problem is that the parents are imposing their views on their kids, and the kids following their parents without ever really thinking twice about it.

I'm a Democrat. Yes, my parents are both Democrats. Yes, my parents taught me most of what I know about politics. But guess what? I agree with them. I'm 100% pro-gay-marriage, pro-choice, and anti-war, and I honestly can't see myself having any other opinion than that. I admit that I can't really prove what my politcal views would be if I was raised by different parents, so I may be a bit biased, but I'm fairly educated on politics and I stand by my opinions. Most adults have the same political views they had as teens anyway. Plus, isn't it a parent's job to teach their children about what they think is right?

@JustASmallTownGirl I'm a Democrat. Yes, my parents are both Democrats. Yes, my parents taught me most of what I know about politics...

It is EXACTLY the same with me. My parents are both Democrats and I can't imagine having different opinions, because now I've done so much research and thinking about it, that it makes complete sense to me.
I live in a pretty rural area, and the majority of people here are hardcore "Republicans." They absolutely HATE Obama and have no reasons to support that. Literally, I have asked people why and all they have to say is, "That nigga isn't doing shit for our country." Okay, first of all, you're just being racist and rude, and second of all, I'd like to see YOU try to run the country. Give me a break. I am 100% willing to listen to anyone who actually has a good, solid argument to give me. But if you're just going based off what your parents say and don't know anything about politics along with that, I have no respect for that.

Well, they don't affect politics until they become 18, so it's not a huge deal...

yeah well its the same fucking thing as " I hate obama, my parents are republican"

@yeah well its the same fucking thing as " I hate obama, my parents are republican"

no kidding... i never said that only people raised by democrats do it... it was an example.

i'm 15 and i am very opionated with my politics. Me and my dad debate about it all the time. I have completely different views from my parents and I am actually very interestred in discussing our government. So, I can safely say I do not fit your little stereotype here, my good sir.

@1720916

Actually, Barack Obama was the first and therefor only president to go on 90% of his promises.

So if you're gonna go against him because he hasn't done what he's promised.. then I don't know who else you can vote for..

So true.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are -1Reply

What the fuck??? I'm 13 and i know a shit load stuff about politics! you can't just judge all teenagers with the ones you see on TV.

Kaycees avatar Kaycee No Way -3Reply
@Kaycee What the fuck??? I'm 13 and i know a shit load stuff about politics! you can't just judge all teenagers with the...

Good for you! But your the minority. I don't "judge all teenagers with the ones you see on TV" I go to school and I live in the real world, and I know that there are a LOT of people that my post accurately describes.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are +4Reply
@shannonnn Good for you! But your the minority. I don't "judge all teenagers with the ones you see on TV" I go to school and I...

Ok, but i found this offensive me and all my friends talk about what going on in the real world.

You know what? I bet special snowflakes like you are why this post said "most teenagers" and not just "teenagers".

FUCK THIS BULSHIT

@FUCK THIS BULSHIT

it's great to know our society also knows a wide variety of vocabulary to express our opinions.

@it's great to know our society also knows a wide variety of vocabulary to express our opinions.

It's great to know that at least SOMEONE is so much better than the rest of us, and so clearly above it all.

@ITS A FREE CUNTRY

I hope you misspelled 'cuntry' on purpose.. country

@I hope you misspelled 'cuntry' on purpose.. country

i can spell it however i want, so dont judge me for the way i type it proves nothing

@ITS A FREE CUNTRY

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... you're funny.

@FUCK THIS BULSHIT

does it really make you so mad that you have to repeatedly tell people to vote no way? seriously, you're ignorant.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are +7Reply
@shannonnn does it really make you so mad that you have to repeatedly tell people to vote no way? seriously, you're ignorant.

@322763 (shannonnn): Yeah I can't tell if they are saying vote no because he is REpublican and smart, or likes Obama and tries to express his opinion by being an idiot about it.
By the way, (slightly unnecessary) but my first vote as an adult will be Sarah Palin for president(if she runs, which it looks like she will=])

@@322763 (shannonnn): Yeah I can't tell if they are saying vote no because he is REpublican and smart, or likes...

Same here! I loove Sarah Palin, and I really do hope she runs! That would be so awesome.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are -10Reply
@shannonnn Same here! I loove Sarah Palin, and I really do hope she runs! That would be so awesome.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about voting for Sarah Palin...

@I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about voting for Sarah Palin...

The woman doesn't even know where her own house is.

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are 0Reply

oh, lo siento, i meant to be logged in. but i was totally serious. <3SarahPalin

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are -9Reply

She's nearly as retarded as her son. And for supporting her, you're pretty stupid as well.

@She's nearly as retarded as her son. And for supporting her, you're pretty stupid as well.

I can't believe you would say something like that. You're really fucked up.

@yeah BC THIS IS BULSHIT. I KNOW ABOUT GOVT

.... It doesn't show. Honestly.

@shannonnn .... It doesn't show. Honestly.

Why would you vote for Sarah Palin? She doesn't seem intelligent in the slightest.

@Courage_Wolf Why would you vote for Sarah Palin? She doesn't seem intelligent in the slightest.

I feel like people who call her unintelligent are the unintelligent ones themselves. She has so many ideas and beliefs that will be beneficial for our nation, and she really knows what she's doing. People just like to go around calling her dumb and saying "I can see Russia from my house!" but they have no hard, intelligent reasons as to why she wouldn't be able to run our nation.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are -5Reply
@shannonnn I feel like people who call her unintelligent are the unintelligent ones themselves. She has so many ideas and...

People who call Sarah Palin stupid have A LOT more to go on than that. Every other thing that comes out of her mouth is a catastrophe, there are so many fundamental facts that she just doesn't know. Here is an example; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/c..._b_130761.html

just back off you know nothing about me or the gov

@just back off you know nothing about me or the gov

Thank you shannonnnn=] I didn't know I wasn't logged in.. and she's right it doesn't show in the slightest that you are knowledgable about the government or its politics and if you looked at her newest ads, alot of campaign ad people say it looks alot like what they would look like=]