+714

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me" was a popular saying that we used to say as kids, but it couldn't be more false. Broken bones heal within weeks, but words....well I still cringe whenever I remember things said in elementary school and I'm in University now! amirite?

Wooohooos avatar
15 8
The voters have decided that Wooohooo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'd rather be roasted on Comedy Central then have a bunch of people break my bones with clubs and rocks. Just sayin'.

@541371

Not really. I don't remember any of the insults I've gotten before 2 or 3 years ago, and believe me I've gotten my fair share. Words only stay with you if you let them; if you stop caring then they'll go away.

That's why having a sense of humor helps. It sucks, but that person probably doesn't even remember saying it, so you should try and let it roll off your back.

It may seem like something so insignificant to the bully, but it can be so detrimental to social skills and self-worth