+1,070

It is incredibly agitating when people of relatively high intellect peruse difficult sentence structures and cumbersome wordings by which to fulfill their desire to be regarded as cultured and sophisticated, when in fact, their sayings are perceived as pretentious and gaudy, amirite?

GarthVaders avatar
57 25
The voters have decided that GarthVader is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I LIEK TUTTLZ

turtless avatar turtles Yeah You Are +5Reply

How pedantic.

I think this post funny. But know girls that do this. like "hey, look, a spider" "oh my, that arachnid is ALARMING!" why they don't just say "that spider is scary" is beyond me

MotherRuckers avatar MotherRucker Yeah You Are +1Reply

My English teacher would count off for you using the word "it" without an antecedent to which your pronoun refers.

@My English teacher would count off for you using the word "it" without an antecedent to which your pronoun refers.

Yeah I thought about that after the fact. I know better. I just had a stupid moment, I guess.

i hate these post :/ but i got the irony(:

@smokebluntsfuckcunts i hate these post :/ but i got the irony(:

I hate wordy posts too. usually I just skip them. I'm honestly surprised it ever made the homepage. Some will get it, others won't. Just gotta throw it out there and hope it sticks

the sentence structure isnt difficult at all, haha, its pretty basic

@MerriJo the sentence structure isnt difficult at all, haha, its pretty basic

Of this, I am aware. HOWEVER, it does make the person typing it feel like they have more IQ points than they actually do.

sure does, lol. im still no way-ing though x]

I think you really need to be humble and have a fairly high IQ to get this point.

Peruse means to look over casually, so I don't understand what they mean by that.

.....I love you.....

Extraneous adverbs and adjectives in your post make it too wordy and less funny. You could take out "incredibly", "cumbersome", and "gaudy" without affecting the premise of the post.

@julieL but thats the whole point, is it not?

No not really that post was stupid and useless and will be deleted.

@GarthVader IT'S CALLED IRONY FOLKS!

I understood the ironic meaning of your post, GarthVader. My complaint was that you took the irony so far that the post became less funny.