+150

You don't actually know what RSVP stands for, amirite?

TimMilazzos avatar
4 36
The voters have decided that TimMilazzo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

respondez sil-vous plait. its french for please repsond...

@TimMilazzo Sorry, this post wasn't aimed at Canadians.

I knew that, and I'm an American who speaks no French. (Except 'hello' and possibly 'Maryellen, I am very tired.')

@328326

or French students

@TimMilazzo or French students

so basicly this post was aimed only at people who dont know what rvsp stads for and everybody else shouldnt rate or comment on your post? and its not only canadians who know french and not even close to all canadians know french.

@AthaniKumaravadivel Don't be a douche and stop taking it so seriously. -.-

It is a website for sharing her opinions. It is sad how many people resort to name calling (Hello, Second Grade) and freaking out when a person says something serious.

@tododapurplecow It is a website for sharing her opinions. It is sad how many people resort to name calling (Hello, Second Grade)...

Second grade? lmfao, never heard of that one. And if people hadn't noticed that 'Yeah Your Are' got more votes. -_-

@439935

yaaaa thats why i said its not only canadians who speak french. and i said that cuz when someone said they knew what it meant he said that the post isnt aimed at canadians, even though anyone could know french.

I think you're ignorant for saying "Not aimed at Canadians..." you're implying a stereotype that all Canadians know French when in fact we don't. Canada is no different than America.. RSVP is common and I'm sure you could think of an acronym for it to remember.

@aRreaza I think you're ignorant for saying "Not aimed at Canadians..." you're implying a stereotype that all Canadians know...

@437667 (Anonymous): @437663 (aRreaza): Actually she was saying not aimed at Canadians when she was probably meaning people from Quebec, because there the majority of the population speaks French.

I had no idea what it meant until this post. Lol

Not Canadian or in French, but I already knew it was Respondez s'il-vous plaït.

@Not Canadian or in French, but I already knew it was Respondez s'il-vous plaït.

I actually Googled to double check my work, and it's actually: Répondez s'il vous plaît.

@437659 (Anonymous): Oh damn, you used the wrong accents, you're going to hell for sure.

respondez s'il vous plais (;

I just knew it was french, but not the exact words.

I always thought it was Reservez instead of Repondez, as in Reserve.

Flipds avatar Flipd No Way 0Reply
@Flipd I always thought it was Reservez instead of Repondez, as in Reserve.

I've heard it means both. As in reserve your seat or respond if you're going to show up.

i know what it means, but i rarely ever think about it...saying "RSVP" has its own significance....its almost always about an event...where as the phrase Repondez sil-vous plait can be used in several different contexts in French.

I guess i learnt something knew today!

yumchas avatar yumcha Yeah You Are 0Reply
@yumcha I guess i learnt something knew today!

well, it looks like you have more to learn.

repondez si vous plait, et jsuis americane

I knew it...though I would never have been able to spell it out, or pronounce it even.

i knew too, but that was cuz of curiosity & google
whoa that and sign turned out rlly weird ^

I always thought it was "respond soon via post"

@Ozzi same here

Your an idiot. It's LEARNT not learned. So don't try and make it look like i made a mistake.

yumchas avatar yumcha Yeah You Are -1Reply

...I always though it meant Respond So Very Promptly. Mind = blown.