StaceysDads avatar Food & Drink
1 116

wtf?- we do so have vinegar

@thisisaudrey wtf?- we do so have vinegar

@338064 (gracefuldonkeychild): They mean something different by vinegar though. Google "Malt vinegar".

Vinegar dosen't sound like a real word any more.

yes they do.

? What...vinegar? Of course we do...unless you mean something different then we do by 'vinegar'...

Yes we do...

(moolliiee) Stop capitalizing every word. It's annoying.

uhhh yeah we have vinegar! where did ya hear thisss???

OK EVERYONE!! MY FRIEND TOLD ME THIS, KNOWING I'M A GULLIABLE IDIOT. M'KAY??
if it makes you feel any better, I'm more prepared to visit America now.

Man, we have white vinegar, malt vinegar, apple cider vinegar, raspberry vinegar, the list goes on, really. I'm British myself, and love vinegar.

Guys I think the poster gets it...

we have vinegar and malt vinegar, in new england we put it on our french fries! yum

@338040

it means original poster. never ask again

@338032

sorry.....and what's OP? and yeah....sorry! that's what my friend said anyway......I'm gulliable :P

I think we have malt vinegar here, but it's really not all that popular like it is over there. I think most Americans will think of a different kind of vinegar if you just talk about "vinegar" though, distilled vinegar I think.

And wow, vinegar looks like a really weird word now that I've typed it a bunch of times.

I wish we had HP sauce over here though, that'd be nice.

@moolliiee You Dont Have HP Sauce?

No :(

Not that I've seen anywhere, maybe you could find it at some specialty store if you looked really hard, but I had never heard of it/encountered it before I went to England.

@beil I think we have malt vinegar here, but it's really not all that popular like it is over there. I think most...

i happen to have a bottle of HP Sauce in my pantry as well, but i brought it from Yorkshire. I don't think they sell it over here.

@Skyl3r ...What's HP sauce?

I'm in Michigan, in the U.S. and I've never seen HP sauce anywhere but in the UK.

And
@340630 (Skyl3r): The HP in HP sauce stands for Houses of Parliament, which are pictured on the bottles. I like to eat it with french fries/chips.

I'm american, I have vinegar in a pantry. Idoit.

I actually Googled this because I thought vinegar was pronounced "vine-gar" and I was like, huh...? Then I felt really dumb. And we have a lot of different varieties too.

STOP WRITING THE WORD VINEGAR! it looks so weird now!

I Think We Get It, Americans Have Vinegar......

Of course we have Terry's Chocolate Oranges (what do you think we get in our stockings for Christmas?). They were originally sold in the UK alone, but now they sell world wide and are a hit in America (at least where I live at any rate). Is Ketchup a big hit over there by the way? My British friend who's lived in America for many years says it's really weird for her to watch my friends and I eat Ketchup (I'm American and I LOVE my Ketchup) . It's hilarious, I'm about as American as you can get without being Native, and I love English food, yet my English friend has never had Beef Wellington. Is Curry as big of a hit over there as they say?

@StaceysDad Yeah it is, but I don't like it! And also: Ketchup = <3 gotta be Heinz though xx

Though I don't know what Beef Wellington is. Gotta admit.
Right, do you know what these are then?
1 - Toad in the hole
2 - Cadburys and Galaxy chocolate
3 - Heat magazine
4 - Temperatures in Celcius
5 - The GoCompare guy

OK, thank you!xx

If your talking america like north america then yeah we do! Fish and "chips" and vinegar!

I Thought They Would, It Is Just Like Us Not Having Tomato Sauce

@moolliiee I Thought They Would, It Is Just Like Us Not Having Tomato Sauce

YOU DON'T HAVE TOMATO SAUCE?!?!?!
where do you live, ill come and save you.

@StaceysDad YOU DON'T HAVE TOMATO SAUCE?!?!?! where do you live, ill come and save you.

We Do Have Tomato Sauce, Douche!! I Saying You Dont Have Vinegar Is Like Saying We Dont Have Tomato Sauce

@moolliiee We Do Have Tomato Sauce, Douche!! I Saying You Dont Have Vinegar Is Like Saying We Dont Have Tomato Sauce

oh.....now this is going to sound stupid, but ive always wanted to know - what IS a douche?? ive heard people say it, but i never knew what it meant.... :)

@StaceysDad oh.....now this is going to sound stupid, but ive always wanted to know - what IS a douche?? ive heard people say...

Haha, When I Say It I Mean A Stupid Person, But In French A Douche Is A Shower. Douche Bag Is A Rude Saying About A Woman :)

Um.. yes, yes we do..

We do to have vinegar! What's up with that?

What is this?! We have vinegar! vinegar! Vinegar!

VINEGER!!!

:)

we have vinegar!!!!

What are you on? Of course we have vinegar! How else would we have pickles?

I don't know what idiot would post that but yeah, we do have vinegar.

of course we have vinegar! lol

Dude, I have a crapload of vinegar in my cabinets right now.

All different kinds, too. I live in America.

Alrighty then........

I'm hated _^

@StaceysDad I'm hated _^

I Dont Think You Are, How Are We Brits Ment To Know About America, I Didnt Know They Didnt Have HP Sauce.

OK: now that i have your attention: DO AMERICANS HAVE TERRYS CHOCOLATE ORANGE????
k. bye.
xx

Straight from my head I don't know a lot of that list by name (but we have variations over here), but looking them up I could see "Toad in the Hole" being cooked by some families and maybe some restaurants. I do love Yorkshire Pudding though which is really traditional with prime rib. I haven't seen Galaxy bars, but (I looked it up) they look a lot like Dove Chocolates, Carmello's Chocolate, and maybe something See's Candy would sell. We don't have Heat Magazine over here (checked, only sold in UK), but we have billions of other brands. We use Fahrenheit for temperature over here same with feet, miles, etc. but we've definitely heard of the metric system, Celsius and are made to memorize the conversion (for temperature) in elementary school, though we use Celsius or the metric system rarely except for high end more professional/career science and math, not daily life over here. Never even heard of the GoCompare Guy, and I pretty sure it’s not over here.

@Straight from my head I don't know a lot of that list by name (but we have variations over here), but looking them...

Your So Lucky You Dont Have GoCompare Guy. Most Annoying Thing Ever. Watch It On Youtube

@moolliiee Your So Lucky You Dont Have GoCompare Guy. Most Annoying Thing Ever. Watch It On Youtube

It looks....interesting. What the heck is it about? My sound system is on the fritz so I can't listen to audio at the moment, but it looks really weird.

Oh yeah, I live in the country, so if some of this stuff was here it’d only really be sold in the really big cities that have a wider diversity of people (like New York or San Francisco). It’s all about marketability over here, but since the US basically has a person from every country we thankfully have a really, wide range of stuff to buy, sell, make (hence why I know all these foreign foods), and a lot of these ‘foreign foods’ are considered normal ‘American foods’ that just happened to originate somewhere else. If we don’t create brand new foods, or redesign new recipes, we take the foreign stuff, tweak it a bit, and voila American food. For example, shepherd’s pie Americanized has a crust and other stuff in it. We also sell like Schnitzel’s on the street, and really the lists goes on and on, give me a country and I can give you the food lol.

I like Heinz ketchup by the way, but I tend to eat Hunts. Hunts=West Coast Ketchup Heinz=East Coast Ketchup in case you were wondering, though both are sold across the US.

Do you have corn dogs or “stereotypical” American food over there? Like what the heck does your pizza look like? In the US, pizza is obviously a craze, and yet practically every state has a different type of pizza with majorly different toppings and crust.

@I like Heinz ketchup by the way, but I tend to eat Hunts. Hunts=West Coast Ketchup Heinz=East Coast Ketchup in case...

corn dogs? uh-uh. ive seen them on the telly though, they look absolutely vile. whats in them?xx

@StaceysDad corn dogs? uh-uh. ive seen them on the telly though, they look absolutely vile. whats in them?xx

Well, do you know what a hot dog is? It's that with a coating of batter that is cooked to golden brown (or crispy depending on the type), and they are delicious. =D

Oh yeah, is it true you don't even touch upon the American Revolution in school? I heard you completely ignore it. I understand you have a lot more history to cover , but it's not like a trifle happening that didn't change the world.
Also, what does an American accent sound to you? I know we have different regions and different dialects (Boston, the South to name some of the most famous), but the West Coast (specifically California) has been considered the more neutral sounding accent. That whole Californian beachy accent is so wrong though, you rarely meet someone like that and we use it to sound stupid or dorky "Like that was totally radical duuuude", okay yeah we say "like" "totally" "dude" etc. a lot but not in that wierd beachy accent.

@Oh yeah, is it true you don't even touch upon the American Revolution in school? I heard you completely ignore it...

well i haven't done ANYTHING to do with america apart from slave trading and stuff but i gave up history in year 10 (im 14). i think they do that - they do wall street i think.....and accents.....they all sound the same to me tbh!xx

@StaceysDad well i haven't done ANYTHING to do with america apart from slave trading and stuff but i gave up history in year 10...

We mostly concentrated on how history affected wales, and how it changed us as people......but our teacher was shit, so other schools might have learned about the american revolution :P
is it bad that i know literally nothing about it? :Sxx

Really? We have to take history every high school year but the levels change from normal, honors, and AP. We don't even learn about Wall Street-no wait, we might learn it in Economics, but I haven't had it yet since I'm just about to become a Junior. Funny, but us Americans are pretty obsessed with accents xD One of the funniest things I can think of was hearing a high end, real sophisticated English accent saying slowing, "This is an awwwsome haaaambugerrr", I nearly snorted my food.

@Really? We have to take history every high school year but the levels change from normal, honors, and AP. We don't...

haha! XD
and btw, normal, honours? whuuuut? confused.
we have high school (normal) then gcse, then as level, then a level....i think a levels are finals, i dont know!xx

Op is a dumbass we do have vinegar in America.

@swankorn Op is a dumbass we do have vinegar in America.

yes weve established that thank you. we're talking about cultural differences now :)xx

We americans also dont have that weird veggie-yeast spread or whatever (thank goodness). I saw it on a cooking show once, and it look gross. Not meaning to offend.

@StaceysDad ???? also, your username = <3

Are you talking about Vegemite, was it all black/brown and pasty looking? We have it (my dad loves it) but it's really hard to find. WorldMarket use to sell it, but I don't know if they still do after that rumor of the US banning it back in 2006 or something. It's actually pretty good, just not a lot at a time because it's mega salty.

VEGIMITE :) <3

@VEGIMITE :) <3

Really good but really salty, shame they barely sell it here in the US

ALSOOOOOO.....whats a dairy queen? sounds like a gay cow....

Its a restaurant/chain that sells some of the best soft serve around and they also sell fast food. It's "sort of" like a Baskin Robbins which sells a mean ice cream cake.

Well, McDonalds is one of their rivals, but DQ isn't as huge of an enterprise. Their meals are also different because they serve hotdogs,, and such..it's hard to explain because I haven't been there in years, but DQ has a wide more variety of soft serve, ice cream stuff

This is going to sound stupid, but is your internet different? I mean like URL's, do you type them in different? I'd put in www.google.com for example, but does it direct you to www.google.uk or something?

@This is going to sound stupid, but is your internet different? I mean like URL's, do you type them in different?...

yeah, if you put ".com" it changes it automatically! but i dont think anything else is different.....

OMG....do you have Jersey Shore over there? Because if you don't, consider yourself LUCKY

@HeyHeyPinkIceCream OMG....do you have Jersey Shore over there? Because if you don't, consider yourself LUCKY

well i dont, but my telly is shit, i only have about 40 actual channels! i have heard about it though, is it just like the hills?xx

well i'm going to get murdered. it was nice knowing you guys.

Really, They Dont Have Vinegar :O WTF?!?!?

Anonymous