-458

Australian accents are kind of annoying and sound more like speech impediments, amirite?

NotAMouses avatar
0 22
The voters have decided that NotAMouse is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

well first of all this is just my opinion. second of all, most people have heard australian accents, such as on tv, i don't have to travel there to hear your voice. and maybe to you my accent DOES sound like a speech impediment, I have an american accent. I was just posting how i felt about australian accents, no need to name-call or get so defensive. :)

NotAMouses avatar NotAMouse Yeah You Are +5Reply
@NotAMouse well first of all this is just my opinion. second of all, most people have heard australian accents, such as on tv...

I agree with you. I find Australian accents annoying too and I don't think people should get so defensive just because you didn't sugar-coat your opinion.

@Ok sorry, it just makes people defensive when you say it in the first place :P

Its cool, and when do people get defensive? I'm confused. Do they get defensive when you say not to get defensive...? Is that what you mean? lol and some people on here get sooo mad over the smallest things, any arguing over the internet should be invalid! :P

NotAMouses avatar NotAMouse Yeah You Are +1Reply
@NotAMouse Its cool, and when do people get defensive? I'm confused. Do they get defensive when you say not to get...

Not to sure, I just guess it was because the way you said it was annoying just kinda annoyed me, like it didn't seem much of a joke to me lol. Meh, yes, people on here do get angry at the littlest things lol and it's like dude, why do you have to be like that (much like I was. Meh) :)

I find Australian accents over exaggerated in American television shows, especially when played by a non-Australian.

I was about to agree with this when I realized I have a Kiwi accent and that I couldn't say much. :)

am i the only one who finds that australias always play the bad guy in american movies?

Australian accents do sound really weird when they're in America, or an Australian person is surrounded by Americans, just like an American accent sounds really weird in Australia. Also, Australian accents are all different. Some, from the outback, are a lot more pronounced than people from the city. If you went to Australia, you probably wouldn't think their accents sounded like a speech impediment, because they would be all around you and you'd get used to them pretty fast. I'm really used to Australian accents as I live in NZ and I holiday in Australia a lot, but when I hear them on American TV shows, they do sound really weird. And sometimes I can't even understand them because I'm expecting an American accent.

I couldn't disagree more

Yeah aussie accents get over done in movies and such, to really hear an aussie accent you need to come over here to australia,

Also pretty happy to see so many of us on here, anyone else from perth?

it seems like the main people who think australian accents dont sound like speech inpediments are australian. and, maybe to some people it does sound like that cause they are not used to hearing it, where as u hear it eveyday so to you you dont notice it...

i think theyre pretty damn hot

I'm Australian but I'm not a huge fan of the accent, but I don't mind it... Except I really disklike like my own accent - although, I think almost every American I've met has commented that mine is the nicest Aussie accent they've heard?! Beats me - I think it's terrible! Haha

wtf you douche

No, our accents do not make us sound like we have speech impediments! have you met a real australian?

australian accents are my favorite kind of accent!

Sounds normal to me.

Your accent (whoever wrote this) most probably sounds like you have a speech impediment, idiot, have you actually ever been to Australia and heard the accent? I don't think so, so don't go around saying that our accents are annoying when you don't know anything at all.