+3

Why do so many people hate on rap(the music genre)? Just because they don't use instruments doesn't mean they don't have talent or that it's not "real" music. Most rappers write their own lyrics just as some other artist do & the lyrics in rap can be a lot more creative than in rock or pop. Amirite?

0 13

cause they're party pooping dumbass crackers.

It's just fast talking. In metal and rock, in my opinion, actually shows emotion and how someone can feel. Rap doesn't have that.

Other than the fact that they all sound the same, rap is associated with gangster type thugs, the songs only promote hate and the only instrument they use is the bass so that they can turn up the volume to annoy people............then it's fine.

actually shows emotion??? so does rap, yes most "popular" rap is all about drugs, sex & money
but the underground rap has emotion, even some popular look at kid cudi's lyrics from Heart of a Lion, they have emotion

and no they dont all sound the same

You have a good point, OP, but that doesn't mean that there isn't crappy rap out there.

Try listening to evanescence and disturbed and then rap and see which one shows more emotion as to how they feel.

Then they sound very similar. It's mostly hateful lyrics. But then again the only rap I hear is from people in grey Hondas or Chevy Monte Carlos who wear hoodies have tatoos only they understand and have the volume set at high intensity.

Op makes good points, but I really really don't like the majority of rap. I know there's some out there that isn't crap, but it's still not my thing. I like singing and chords and stuff.

@Op makes good points, but I really really don't like the majority of rap. I know there's some out there that isn't...

i get that, rap's not my favorite but i do like it
and i do get that a lot of it sounds the same ( cause it does) and thats why i dont listen to "mainstream" rap

There's some mainstream rap that's really shitty. The same with Rock and Pop and every other musical genre.
Listen to the Fugees or Naz riff and then tell me that rap doesn't have emotion. They also use instruments. Wyclef's Gone till November utilizes guitar and strings particularly well (just an example). It's not just talking fast.

ilostmyshoes avatar ilostmyshoe Yeah You Are 0Reply

um there is a only one rap onless you typo wrap cap map crap or anything like that