+89

The fact that Ash from Pokémon is voiced by a girl ruined my childhood and my adulthood, amirite?

Chromanas avatar
0 31
The voters have decided that Chromana is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Way to ruin mine too. :(

Sarahs avatar Sarah Yeah You Are +1Reply

I take back my complement from yesterday.

Sarahs avatar Sarah Yeah You Are 0Reply

Which one? You gave me so many :P

Chromanas avatar Chromana Yeah You Are 0Reply

All of them. (:

Sarahs avatar Sarah Yeah You Are 0Reply

Hahaha. That's sly. Very sly, especially for a moose.

Why thank you. Not everyone can be as good of a moose as I am.

Sarahs avatar Sarah Yeah You Are 0Reply

Is it offensive to call a woman a moose? I might try it in a bar.
"Hey there, you seem to be holding that glass pretty well... for a moose."

Even after he hit puberty? D:

incedios avatar incedio Yeah You Are 0Reply

Go for it, I think you'd be very successful.

Sarahs avatar Sarah Yeah You Are 0Reply

You realize that a majority of the young guys in our favorite cartoons were voiced by women...right? Barbara Goodson was the voice of Laharl and Naota-kun. And one woman was the voice of Chuckie Finster, Dexter, and Bobby Hill. She was also the one who voiced Bunni Rabbot and Oblina :).

Oh yeah, Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman too...and Timmy Turner...and Tommy from Rugrats. Ok I'll stop.

Chuckie...you know, from Rugrats? and Bobby Hill from King of the Hill?

@Chuckie...you know, from Rugrats? and Bobby Hill from King of the Hill?

Awww yeah! Chuckie, how could I forget. Never watched KotH, though.

I think the reason why this doesn't bother me is that I watch a lot of anime, where a lot of young boys are voiced by female seiyuu (like Edward and Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist), so I'm kind of immune to it _^

I watched lots of anime too. I liked watching the non-dubbed Japanese.
But when I found out about Ash I really was shattered lol. Same with BArt Simpson.

@Chromana I watched lots of anime too. I liked watching the non-dubbed Japanese. But when I found out about Ash I really was...

Same, I watch anime and I was shocked to know that they were voiced by females...why aren't they played by males? D: Do japanese males sound funny or something? too manly?

@incedio Same, I watch anime and I was shocked to know that they were voiced by females...why aren't they played by males?...

Because it's hard to get decent child voice actors and men sound too grown up (you know, with their deep voices, and all).

Edward Elric sounds like a dude, but Al doesn't at all :X but they're both girls D; wow man

If I remember correctly, Naruto was voiced by a girl too XD

@WaffledFlambe If I remember correctly, Naruto was voiced by a girl too XD

Yeah, in the Japanese version. Dunno about the crappy dub version though.

Oh, I don't even mess with that dubbed stuff, I've only heard a handful of good dubs in my life, so I prefer to stick to English subs. Maybe it's just me, but the Japanese seiyuu seem to be more sincere in portraying the emotions of their character =/

Perhaps its because we con only listen to the emotion in their voice and don't have to think about the actual words that we're hearing.
Or perhaps they are just better lol.

I loved Bleach dub until it ran out and I started to watch sub. Now I hate dub, sounds so...fake, lol.

@incedio I loved Bleach dub until it ran out and I started to watch sub. Now I hate dub, sounds so...fake, lol.

I still take pride in the fact that I saw Naruto about 5 years before most English-speaking people.

I thought Naruto was kind of stupid D: so I never watched it...until I started watching the sub when my friend made me x3 now I'm hooked. Read all the manga too.

Pokemon FTW ;D

i think i just died a little inside XD

And so is Naruto. Mindfuck.

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are 0Reply