+276

Wearing fur isn't wrong if you utilize every part of the animal's body, like the Inuit people do in Alaska, amirite?

Stepharoos avatar
2 16
The voters have decided that Stepharoo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@781755

I don't really see the big difference if someone is using every part of it if it's for fashion or not. It's not like the decorations sometimes on their clothes made with fur are necessary on the Inuit's survival from the cold, but they're still using all the animal so I see it as perfectly fine.

Vacas avatar Vaca Yeah You Are +1Reply

Unlike most consumers, Inuits and the like that use every part of the animal tend to have a deep appreciation for the animal's sacrifice as well. It's not just decimating a species for the latest fashion.

its not so much a matter of right and wrong as it is of wasteful.

Every part?

@VictoryAAC Every part?

Yes. Eating the meat, using the fur and hides for clothing, bones were turned into weapons and jewelry, and any remaining parts were fed to animals.

I am 100% Alaskan native, we do not just kill for the fur, we don't skin then while they are still alive, know why? You need to catch it first, also much too loud and impractical. I mean what else would you use if you were in the middle of no where and it's 30 below :)

Fur nowadays is poached JUST for the fur, most if not all of the animals are alive when their fur is being taken, don't believe me? Look up anything that involves the HLS (not really fur but they do a lot of worse shit)

Troggys avatar Troggy No Way -1Reply

If it's not some disgusting place that butchers and tortures rabbits, then it's okay.

DobbyTheElfs avatar DobbyTheElf Yeah You Are -1Reply
@DobbyTheElf If it's not some disgusting place that butchers and tortures rabbits, then it's okay.

Well torturing an animal that you're using for either fur or meat (or both, which I prefer), is wrong any way you look at it.

@Stepharoo Well torturing an animal that you're using for either fur or meat (or both, which I prefer), is wrong any way you...

Exactly. I wish we could go back to the Native America tribes, who said prayers when they killed an animal, had ceremonies so its spirit went on to the next life, and then used every single part of the animal. Plus the animal had a nice life roaming around the forest or wherever, and their death wasn't drawn out - just an arrow to the heart or something.

It's still killing animals. People would flip if Aliens began killing people, so why are we allowed to kill other species?