-97

The bad thing about being an atheist is when you're very thankful and have nobody to thank, amirite?

TZCs avatar
1 31
The voters have decided that TZC is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yourself? Friends and family? Real people

I always have somebody to thank. Good things don't happen to me by chance. They happen because I work for it, or my friends and family help in some way.

@bondcatbond I always have somebody to thank. Good things don't happen to me by chance. They happen because I work for it, or my...

'Let go of the illusion of control' -The turtle from Kung fu panda. Everything is by chance, everything is random, and you cant believe you're actually in charge without developing a messiah complex

How about you thank who is ACTUALLY responsible for what happened? I hate when someone does something really amazing, and people just give all the credit to "God." No, if I work my butt off for something then be thankful to me, because I did it, myself.
Or when something bad happens and instead of taking responsibility for their actions, people just blame it on God.

Yeah, like it's so awkward when we just come out of vital surgery that we had to have since the near fatal accident we had and then we're just there all like "Damnit, I wish I had someone to thank for these guys saving my life. Guess I won't bother"

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +14Reply

Now that's just silly. Of course you have someone to thank, and If you don't, it wouldn't even be considered thankfulness, it's just being able to appreciate what you have.

My parents get annoyed with me because when they ask me to say grace before meals, I say something like "thank you to mom for making us food."

I'm pretty sure my mother isn't "no one," thank you.

As has been said, we have everyone who caused the good thing(s) to thank.
Like if a doctor performs a life saving operation on you, "Thank you doctor, you've saved my life!"
Come to think of it, being an atheist probably leads to thanking people more accurately.

Runys avatar Runy No Way +12Reply

I don't get why this post exists. Are atheists, since they don't believe in god, unable to thank people?
"Oh, god doesn't exist, I have no idea what this whole thanking thing is, ho hum."

Here's what I thank:
http://amirite.net/558610

@1717915

This is my (and Marcus Aurelius') approach to that possibility:
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

@1717915

Creditemi: Everyone has the possibility of going to Hell. Atheists are just as Hell bound as people who have premarital sex, people who watch porn, and people who steal. Pretty much most people are Hell bound.

@1718053

She was saying the post was a weird thing to say in comparison with what 'could' have been compared to atheism. For example if I posted 'Id hate to be a paraplegic because I wouldn't be able to see over people at the parade.' credetemi's comment is the equivalent of saying 'I think the inability to walk would be something to hate more...' she's not being hateful, but this post just makes that little sense in comparison with her beliefs (I'm assuming).

@1717940

Credetemi: Yes I see where you were going, but you must've known that kind of comment would have been assaulted in a comment section full of self righteous atheists.
Cassowary: Stop being a stuck up cunt, she will say what she wants to say because this is an opinion site, and expressing views it what it's about. Stop getting pissy

Become a Christian! :)

@loveisallyouneed Become a Christian! :)

see, the reason they're an atheist in the first place is to get away from that shit.

@tyreeshajones see, the reason they're an atheist in the first place is to get away from that shit.

Ya! How dare that Christian put a happy face and suggest her/his own religion! That bitch/son of a bitch. Chill the fuck out you stuck up cunt. There's a difference between 'Become a christian! :)' and 'I pity you, change to Christianity or be destroyed in the fires of hell! Now!' He/she is why I get annoyed by Christians, you are why I think all atheists are narrow minded jack asses

@Ya! How dare that Christian put a happy face and suggest her/his own religion! That bitch/son of a bitch. Chill the...

i love how you say that ALL atheists are narrow minded jackasses. the only one who's narrow minded is you.