+587

Braces are just $5,000 of speech impediment and unwanted food storage. Amirite?

alltells avatar
8 14
The voters have decided that alltell is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They're such a pain in the....mouth.

$5000? Man, you got ripped off.

You're all so ungrateful. I think it's great that my parents were willing to spend all that money on me so that I could have straight teeth, and get rid of that overbite. You shouldn't be complaining about braces, there are heaps of people that would love to get braces to take care of their teeth but can't because their parents can't afford it.

Dont you hate it when your parents play the "Im paying for your braces, which is THOUSANDS of dollars" card, and you think " You forced me to get them! I protested!"

$5, 000 dollars worth of you feeling much better about how your teeth look. Man, if i didnt have braces. I swear someone could have mistaken me as a rabbit. No jokes.

My braces didn't make my speech any worse and barely any food gets caught in them.

@My braces didn't make my speech any worse and barely any food gets caught in them.

Food got stuck in mine (especially bread!) but there was no effect on my speech..it's not like they're getting in the way of your tongue. Retainers, though, that's another story.

I now have a lisp after having braces for 2 years and getting them off 2 months ago, and food got caught in them a lot too. True, my lisp is much worse with my retainer, and it's only slight when I have just my normal teeth, but it's still a lisp I didn't have before and that's really annoying!

kodabear911s avatar kodabear911 Yeah You Are 0Reply

My school's tuition for one year isn't even that much.

I just got mine on two days ago and I have a bite plate. I have to drink all of by food. Drink it!!!

I HATE braces because they aren't worth it. I personally don't give a fuck about how I look to other people (I have good hygiene, I just DGAF about other peoples opinions).

Oh my gosh my braces suucck!
I don't have a lisp though
I have had 10 teeth pulled, surgery in my mouth for one, 3 retainers, spacers, head gear (twice), and braces :/