+630

When you're young it's easy to believe that God is real and everything but once you get older you start to question it all, amirite?

Jasmines avatar
3 31
The voters have decided that Jasmine is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Questioning is good. Ask the hard question to find the hard answers. it will be worth it. But don't' let go of you faith easily.

Look at what makes sense instead of trying to fill in the holes of a story that doesn't work; It's better for a person to admit that they just don't know then to bottle up their thoughts and beleive what they're told.

Yeah, you start to question it, but the answer isn't always the smae. I questioned it, and i don't mean, for five minutes I was like "Mommy, is there a God?" and then dropped it, I spent years thinking about. I still believe in God. Still love him.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Religion is the opiate of the masses. Any time thinking for oneself is discouraged, beware.

420Grrl +3Reply
@Religion is the opiate of the masses. Any time thinking for oneself is discouraged, beware.

Source please.Oh wait that's your opinion.

Stop saying it like it's a fact.

That's just like me. When I was younger i went along faithfully to church never questioning that enigma that my parents believed in. Now that I'm older, I see that there is no proof at all that he exists, and that you're so gullible if you believe that god is real.

@BitchWhore That's just like me. When I was younger i went along faithfully to church never questioning that enigma that my...

Its not gullibility... or whatever that word would be. Its called Faith, and that is where We find our strength. Please don't insult my religion.

people need to realize that religion isn't about making sense, God does not need proof, the whole basis of religion is believing that which seems impossible

@Philosopher people need to realize that religion isn't about making sense, God does not need proof, the whole basis of religion...

Why the fuck would I believe in something that seems impossible...The existence of santa seems impossible, amirite?

It is things like this that ruin the lives of children. there is solid evidence for the existence of God or a creator. There is a strong faith element that can be understated but religion must make sense.

That is true and it is good to understand the different options and opinions. One thing that is said is that the christian church is schismed so badly but note that breaks like that are common in all religions (like Shiite versus Sunni Muslims, for example). In the end some people are going to right and the rest are going to be wrong and there are going to be people who are closer to being right but are still wrong.

That's what happened to me.

Of course you have to have 'simple faith' which is non dependant on anything but without questions we have no answers and for all those saying there are no answers either you didn't try to find them or you tried the wrong way because to every good question there is an even better answer

First line; quoted from somewhere. Second line is mine.

420Grrl 0Reply

That's what I'm going through right now. Up until about last year, Christianity was all I knew because of my parents, now I'm wiser and there are so many other religions to learn about.

If you believe evrything people tell you without questioning it, then you are gullible. The people who question things are more mature and intellectual. There is absolutely no evidence of God existing, except for the Bible, which was written by a bunch of men two thousand years ago, and may not be very reliable. Whether you believe in it all or not is your choice.

Do not question His work. Trust me, He will guide you in the end if you would just believe in Him :D

@loveisallyouneed Do not question His work. Trust me, He will guide you in the end if you would just believe in Him :D

I can't believe people are voting down on this but up on others below saying just about the same thing

@I can't believe people are voting down on this but up on others below saying just about the same thing

Probably because he is basically telling us to not have an opinion and to believe in something without question.

Thank you for your concern and for not just bashing the coment completley like others would do. Do you think what I said was true?

You can question it, but in the end, truth is truth.

@asdijojioiojioxj You can question it, but in the end, truth is truth.

I questioned everything and yeah truth is truth... if I didn't have the answers right then and there i got them later...

Yeah, truth is indeed truth, but how do know that what you believe IS truth?

@Yeah, truth is indeed truth, but how do know that what you believe IS truth?

(Randomer :)): faith. you don't have to see something to know it's there.

@asdijojioiojioxj that's for you to decide

... well i suppose you can decide which "truth" is the truth you will follow, but in the end, there's most likely going to be one truth.

Bigblues avatar Bigblue Yeah You Are 0Reply