+454

Romeo killed 3 people: Tybalt, Paris and himself. He also caused the deaths of: Mercutio, Juliet and prompted the death of his mother. This play should stop being confused (or associated with) as a romance, it's a tragedy. amirite?

IAMSTORMs avatar
1 10
The voters have decided that IAMSTORM is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Romeo and Juliet is usually defined as a romantic tragedy. So you're half right.

Marios avatar Mario No Way +6Reply
@Mario Romeo and Juliet is usually defined as a romantic tragedy. So you're half right.

Yes, but most people seem to completely miss the 'tragedy' part....

Actually, It was defined as comedy, then it became a romantic tragedy.

Blahs avatar Blah Yeah You Are 0Reply

Also, Romeo was 18 and Juilet was only 13. And they knew each other for 3 days before dying. That doesn't scream romance to me. It screams annoying overdramatic teenager and sex offender ruin everyone's lives...

Actually, it's a tongue-in-cheek. Shakespeare wrote it poking fun at the overly romantic plays of the day.

If I ever read/hear about someone asking for their Romeo/asking someone to be their Juliet, I'll tell them this.
Someone should also tell Taylor Swift.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are 0Reply

I've read it...and it's both. So chill your beans.

Yeah when I read Romeo and Juliet we were told it's a romantic tragedy.

it is a tragedy. Shakespeare wrote comedies, tragedies, and histroies. the tradedies were plays where people died and people died in this play. hence tragedy

and all because Romeos original girlfriend wouldnt do it with him (or anyone).