+840

You've wondered (or you're going to) if two identical twin girls each marry an identical twin boy, and they gave birth around the same time, would their babies be identical too, amirite?

purpledinosralives avatar
20 51
The voters have decided that purpledinosralive is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

not identical, because it depends on what traits they get from each parent, but their DNA would be like if they were brothers.

That's definitly not illegal. It's not blood so it doesn't matter

no because each sperm is different leaving a different looking outcome the chances of to being identical are extremely unlikely.

How about just taking out the marriage concept and let both couples have a baby out of wedlock. just cut out the middle man

I know sisters who married brothers. It's not illegal. Why would it be? They aren't blood related so it's not a problem. It would be very silly and unneccesary if it was illegal. Common sense, people. :)

Okay, stop arguing about whether or not it's legal for them to marry. This is hypothetical, remember? Let's just say, for the sake of this post, that it is legal. Or maybe they weren't married, they just had kids.

Well obviously this wouldn't happen! There's so many different little sperms and the chances of them being the exact same are highly unlikely!

hahahah i didn't wonder until I actually read that but that would be so weird, but cool at the same time your cousin would like be your twin...maybe?

For reasons given by the commenters above me, this post is fucking stupid. Go take a high school level science class, asshat.

haven't you seen this one Gilmore Girls episode XD

while everyone's arguring about whether it's legal or not...which it is...hmm the post said something about the babies being born around the same time...hmm what exactly does the time have to do with babies lookin' alike or any factor for that matter??!

Bahaha who said they have to get married to have kids?

your sister-in-law's sister would not be your sister-in-law. think about it...whenever ppl say sister-in-law they automatically think ok the brothers wife not hey wait are you talking about your brother's wife or her sister. it would be perfectly legal in EVERY state. and no the children would probably not be genetically identical although it would be possible, although extremely rare.

@479527

Pretty sure that isn't illegal.

@479548

This post isn't saying you're marrying someone you're related to. It's saying there's a set of twins who are girls. We'll call them Girl A and Girl B. The girls are related. Then there are a set of twins who are guys, Guy A and Guy B, the guys are related.

It's saying what if Girl A and Guy A get married AND Girl B and Guy B get married.

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are +2Reply
@CapedCrusader This post isn't saying you're marrying someone you're related to. It's saying there's a set of twins who are girls...

Once Girl A and Guy A get married, Girl A is Guy B's sister-in-law. Girl B COULD be considered Guy B's sister-in-law as well, though technically she's only related to Guy A and Girl A. It depends on how the family wiews relationships. But, in essence, Girl A and Guy A are married, Guy B is a brotherly entity to all three of the others, Girl B is a sisterly entity, and therefore, Guy B and Girl B probably don't feel that way about each other.

@479616

You can marry your in-law...

@ThisIsIllegal Once Girl A and Guy A get married, Girl A is Guy B's sister-in-law. Girl B COULD be considered Guy B's...

The first half is correct, they're not technically in-laws. But it still doesn't address the fact that you can marry someone you're not blood related to. Actually, in many states, you can even marry your cousin, I don't know why that would be allowed but this would be illegal.

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are -2Reply
@479634

No, they are not in-laws. An in-law is your husband or wife's family. Think about it, they are the brother or sister of in-laws.

Here's a link about cousins: http://www.11points.com/Dating-...est_to_Loosest I haven't been able to find anything about this, but there's no reason they can't marry since they're not blood related.

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are 0Reply
@479687

In-law can have more than one definition, but yours isn't as widely accepted as others.

And I meant I haven't been able to find anything about the situation in the post. In the post they are not blood related so legally they can get married.

@479796

But they're not related by any of those things.

@479568

First of all, you're not even related. You wouldn't be in-laws, you'd be their in-laws siblings.

And you can marry someone you're not blood related to.

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are +3Reply
@479527

move some where else and do it.. lots of couples do that. i don't think its a good thing at all, but theres ways to escape it.

@479536

@479536 (Julian): That is, in theory, a loophole.

@479527

you have your facts wrong. legally you can marry your in law.

@479571

not at the same time, obviously but if i was married and my sister wanted to marry my husband's brother, she has every right.

@479605

it is perfectly legal. prove to me otherwise

@479646

No honey you're wrong. You can marry your in-laws in every state. The only reason you can't marry relatives is because of mutations that are likely to occur in that scenario. That is the argument against incest. Since in-laws aren't related, then yes they can marry.

@479691

It's legal in Texas too.

@479646

Oh and p.s. you're an ornery argumentative dumbass. Stop being a bitch.

@i wish i could high five you right now.

Haha I love you! People who actually make sense are the best, aren't they?:)

@479707

Hahaha this is ridiculous. You aren't actually related to them by blood, so there is genetically no increased likelihood of a problem with your offspring, therefore it is legal.
Way to just ignore my extremely logical and infallible argument and just repeat the same stupid shit you keep spewing. How about you just fucking google it and you'll see that I'm right. Or you could use that underdeveloped brain of yours and just understand that OF COURSE you can marry your in-laws because there's no REASON for there to be a law against it.
You are disgustingly willfully ignorant, and you are what's wrong with the world.

@Hahaha this is ridiculous. You aren't actually related to them by blood, so there is genetically no increased...

Also, there's no reason homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry, yet they can't. What a screwed up world we live in.

@479781

tl;dr the crap about you bragging.
Bitch, I don't care if you have received a Nobel Prize in mathematics. None of that shit matters here, which you are clearly not perceptive enough to realize. You need to uphold your argument by its own merit, not my tooting your own horn about your education.
I already proved that there was no basis for your argument about in-laws not being able to marry, so just accept that and stop bringing up other crap. Now you're talking about homosexuals? I completely agree about that, but that's not what you were talking about and it's not related at all. If you're going to be bringing up every controversial subject under the sun, I just don't have time for it. Good day, madam.

@479781

no one asked about your damn acheivments in school.

@479646

If it isn't against the law, it isn't illegal. Simple as that.

@479527

Well, what if they don't get married, and have the children anyway? Then it will work out just fine.

@479527

no, hunny, you could marry that person.

I know some people, two sisters, two brothers, one of the sisters married one of the guys and the other sister married the other guy, they got pregnant with triplets at the same time! well not exactly, but almost like they were pregnant during the same time.

The likelihood of those two sets of people's genes combining in the exact same way is like 0.001%. There's not a very high chance that it could happen. I guess anything's possible, though.

They would look very similar because their DNA would be almost identical.

dude, I seriously had a long conversation with my sister about this before. crazy!

manderboos avatar manderboo Yeah You Are 0Reply

No but they would be very similar and probably look a lot like siblings.