+449

Don't be sad or think the world is messed up because lots of kids are having sex under 18 these days. It's ALWAYS been like that. In fact, girls used to get MARRIED at 15 or 16, and that was normal. You grandma or great grandma was probably under 20 when she was married. (ask her), amirite?

TheMachangas avatar
5 41
The voters have decided that TheMachanga is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

people in africa get raped at age 7
but don't be sad because it's always been that way.

@dangercat people in africa get raped at age 7 but don't be sad because it's always been that way.

@ 472210 (dangercat): I agree. Simply because it's always been that way doesn't mean it's right.

OP isn't saying it's right, it's just saying don't feel bad. The rape thing is an entirely different issue in itself.

Taters avatar Tater Yeah You Are +8Reply

I'm Pedo_Bear and I approve of this post.

While my mother was married at 19 and I was born when she was 20, I can not fully agree with you. Kids and teens are growing up slower than they use to and are not nearly as mature at 16 as teens were 20 years ago.

Ya and you used to die at 30, so it would be stupid to marry at 25 because your life is almost over already.

mark_s avatar mark_ No Way +2Reply

True, the world has always been messed up, but statements like this make progress all the more difficult.

I'm confused. Why is there no talk of boys on this subject? Why is it entirely socially acceptable for a male to have sex whenever and with whoever they want when if a girl has sex with one person or more during highschool/college she is automatically called a slut/whore etc?

Married at 19, having a baby at 20

MARRIED, and sex. Not just sex.
Sex was made for marriage, plain and simple. That's why people look down on all of the people that get pregnant before they're married.

At least they were married. -_-
While I do agree (kind of), it's still sad.

And girls seem to be more...slutty now...

@R3m7 At least they were married. -_- While I do agree (kind of), it's still sad. And girls seem to be more...slutty now...

Trust me, you either wait, or you don't. Be a virgin until your ready, BUT, if your like those so called "teen "sluts"", they didn't. They're so attractive that they lost their virginity in high school. Once you see how it feels like, you want Moar. Its like fapping for the first time, you can't just do it once.

@TheMachanga Trust me, you either wait, or you don't. Be a virgin until your ready, BUT, if your like those so called "teen...

That's when you have some dignity and hold out a little.
And it's not that they're "so attractive"...There are ugly, fat people who have alot of sex because they'll do it with anyone.

@R3m7 That's when you have some dignity and hold out a little. And it's not that they're "so attractive"...There are...

You're a girl right? She has a lot of boyfriends because she's attractive. Slut's are ugly (prostitutes), but teen girls who like having sex are not sluts.

@TheMachanga You're a girl right? She has a lot of boyfriends because she's attractive. Slut's are ugly (prostitutes), but teen...

Yes....
I'm not saying it's horrible to be sexually active, but you should at least TRY not to screw every guy you see.
I'm not saying all girls who have sex are sluts, I'm saying ones that will do it with anyone and will cheat on boyfriends all the time are.
And since it appears you're nitpicking on the word "slut", they are promiscuous.

They aren't more "slutty". It's just not as 'hush, hush' as it used to be.
Back in the day.. we would send pregnant teens to "visit a sick aunt"
Now they just walk down the school hallway..

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are +1Reply

Yeah, maybe they were getting married, but they usually weren't having sex until they actually got married, and even if they were they'd still only be having sex with ONE person.

@Yeah, maybe they were getting married, but they usually weren't having sex until they actually got married, and...

(Your+name+(optional)): It was HAPPENING it just wasn't socially acceptable to talk about it

@mchristie (Your+name+(optional)): It was HAPPENING it just wasn't socially acceptable to talk about it

You are missing the main point, sex with one person is okay and sex with multiple people is NOT okay.

@KickAss You are missing the main point, sex with one person is okay and sex with multiple people is NOT okay.

NO. YOU are missing the point. Affairs and Promiscuity ("sex with multiple people" derr) were, in fact, common. It was just not socially acceptable to talk about.

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are +2Reply
@mchristie NO. YOU are missing the point. Affairs and Promiscuity ("sex with multiple people" derr) were, in fact, common. It...

NO, YOU are missing the point. I really can't argue with you much longer young'n, I mean if you are actually a freshman in college you're obviously just looking for an excuse to be promiscuous.... What? No I'm not a whore, women in the old days did the same thing! :D

@KickAss NO, YOU are missing the point. I really can't argue with you much longer young'n, I mean if you are actually a...

Oh okay, I see, you're resorting to personal attacks because you lack anything Resembling a valid argument. HOW CUTE, you think your clever! Haha
If you really want to put my sex life on the spotlight lets do it: I'm not a virgin. I've had sex ONE other person. Your turn.

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are +3Reply
@mchristie Oh okay, I see, you're resorting to personal attacks because you lack anything Resembling a valid argument. HOW...

My turn to do what? There's at least three more years of college if you're going for your bachelors.... Don't count your chickens before they hatch or eggs, I'm not sure of the expression. I mean I really don't have anything to say to you, because I've already said it. I mean sure the ones in the old days could have cheated on their husbands, however they wouldn't do it at that young of an age, because families were more patriarchal back then and the women if they cheated would have done it after a long time of marriage, after they have matured.

@KickAss My turn to do what? There's at least three more years of college if you're going for your bachelors.... Don't count...

Oh I'm sorry, were you there, in the early 1900s or whatever time era you seem to know SO much about?

And no. You do not imply I'm a 'slut' because I'm furthering my education!
and THEN claim I am justifying my so called promiscuity against women before me.. without some fucking backlash. You are so god-damn ridiculous. "Your turn" to put your personal sexual past up for scrutiny since you seem to have no problem making inferences about mine.

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are +5Reply
@mchristie Oh I'm sorry, were you there, in the early 1900s or whatever time era you seem to know SO much about? And no. You...

Ha you insinuate too much, for all you know I could be a 5 year old boy/girl on here for the laughs.

Okay here it is, I have no sexual past. And I do date, but I CHOOSE to keep my relationships sex free. I respect myself and the lady I am dating too much. That is the truth about my sexual past.

And no, I wasn't born during those times although I was raised in a fairly strict and conservative home.... Where my grandparents had an arranged marriage and had almost every male in my family in the military. So I may be slightly conservative on that topic. But only slightly.

Kickass never implied you were a 'slut'. Did they ever say the knew SO much about that time era. No, they just said what most people would know if they payed attention in a history class or two. The point is simply, "Having sex with mulitple people is not okay, just because it has happened before." Having sex with one, or few people is best.
Kickass is right about most of the stuff from the 1900 too.

OMG THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!!!!!

I'm so sick of "kids these days.. they're getting so slutty." "In 6th grade, I didn't even know what sex was..."

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are 0Reply

yes it has always happened, but it's the fact it's becoming more common for young girls to have sex. Before it was only a few that would, and the did get sent off. Or before, they were married and THEN had sex. Now you hear about kids in elementary school having sex. It's not right. What ever happened to just being a kid? Once you start having sex you should be responcible enough to take care of a child. Are you saying that all of these kids are? People forget the main reason for having sex is to reproduce. And when our grandma's married young and had sex, they did it for children. Now it's just for pleasure, which I'm not saying is wrong. But it's not the main point of sex. And that is what is being missed.

@yes it has always happened, but it's the fact it's becoming more common for young girls to have sex. Before it was...

(Yuppers :)): My Grandma got pregnant at 16 had my uncle at 17 and then got married later that year. So she got married young but was still having sex before then (shudder). As were alot of other people of her generation... most just didn't get pregnant. And my grandparents have one of the most loving relationship I've ever seen : )

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are 0Reply

Its so annoying that all the "adults" (about 20 and up) always group the entire teenage race together. Yes there are sluts who go around screwing every living thing with a penis but really there's only about 4 of those in my high school of 452 students. I will admit I am currently dating someone and have been for about 2 years and yeah we are sexually active and were safe about and don't do it like bunnies. There's nothing wrong with that.

So why exactly (other than religious reasons) is having sex as much or as little as you want a bad thing? I mean, if a person is safe about it, then what's the big deal? We're animals; we like sex.

@So why exactly (other than religious reasons) is having sex as much or as little as you want a bad thing? I mean...

maybe you're an animal but I'm pretty sure i'm not. Humans like sex but we don't have to be animalistic about it. One partner, and we stay loyal to them for as long as we're together. And I'm one of those people who think there is no way to be 100% "safe" about sex, and there are many doctors who would agree.

Yeah there's a huge difference between marrying a 40 year old man at 14 or 15 and having sex with 40 men at 14 or 15

@KickAss Yeah there's a huge difference between marrying a 40 year old man at 14 or 15 and having sex with 40 men at 14 or 15

Er..... get some facts straight. Yeah, a few people did that way back then, but the age differences weren't that drastic for the most part.

Taters avatar Tater Yeah You Are 0Reply