+484

It's infuriating how much our society dictates our lives and how we behave/think/act. I mean, in certain societies, chubby women are desirable, people worship animals and communism is frowned upon. All these may sound unacceptable to us, but that's because our society set the standards for us and we see foreign things as weird if they don't meet OUR society's standards, amirite?

11 23

...we frown upon communism

@...we frown upon communism

I don't. I frown upon communist dictators. Marxism isn't bad, it's problem is that it only works in theory but not in the real world.

In Soviet Russia, foreign things find you weird.

@501719

Under the same logic, then really skinny people like models should also be instinctively unattractive.

@soccerfan Under the same logic, then really skinny people like models should also be instinctively unattractive.

that is when social brain-washing comes in but a lot of people do find really really skinny people ugly, a normal weight level still is more attractive to people

@501719

In Africa, that isn't the instinct. I know we're not there (at least I'm not), I'm just sayin'. :P

@501719

agree with the first part about the instincts but communism can work quite well if there is no corruption, it has it's issues and i prefer democracy but both systems have big issues with them neither is better

while a lot of countries don't support communism, that's not really the aspect you should be focusing on, is it? OP makes a very good point.

yeah where the fuck are you from that supports communism?

Well, not all of us come from a capitalist country

Society can't really dictate how you think. And if you live your life the way the society wants and expects you to, that's your own choice.

ITS CALLED ETHNOCENTRISM DUMBASS LOOK IT UP

@funkysox789 ITS CALLED ETHNOCENTRISM DUMBASS LOOK IT UP

If you're going to use all caps, at least use the proper grammar.