+769

Just curious, but how exactly do most nine or ten year olds have fun these days? All I see are tons of them on Facebook all the time or playing video games and annoying people on Xbox Live, watching tv, or talking on their unnecessary phone. I mean when I was little I ran around outside barefoot and played with my friends in the dirt. Honestly go outside and do something with yourself, amirite?

mutantdustbunniess avatar
8 30
The voters have decided that mutantdustbunnies is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They can't go outside! It's so dangerous and scary. Kids aren't encouraged to go outside a lot. Parents are so worried somethings gonna happen to them. Before I get my head bitten off I'm not saying all kids are stuck to their computers, all I'm saying is that when I was a kid we were forced to spend time outside (not that it took much encouragement) by parents wanting quiet time. Now there is plenty to keep kids silent inside.

Bitzinators avatar Bitzinator Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Bitzinator They can't go outside! It's so dangerous and scary. Kids aren't encouraged to go outside a lot. Parents are so...

thank you thank you thank you thank you. haha I had this talk with my parents today and they did the old "what has this world come to, and what on earth have parents started teaching their kids these days." This time I was happy to agree with them. People complain about getting fat all the time and I'm like then get off your butt go out and throw a ball or something instead of sitting there doing nothing on your PS3.

@mutantdustbunnies thank you thank you thank you thank you. haha I had this talk with my parents today and they did the old "what has...

Its sad I sound so old =P But I worked as a checkout chick and used to see kids being messed up by their parents everyday. It was really sad. Hopefully the next generation of parents learn from these mistakes.

Bitzinators avatar Bitzinator Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Bitzinator Its sad I sound so old =P But I worked as a checkout chick and used to see kids being messed up by their parents...

I know right! I mean how can I talk I'm like fourteen but still. They can be so rude! Don't even get me started on the people I know who tell their parents in front of everyone at their party that they didn't want an iPod Touch for their birthday and that they want to take it back. Parents need to start raising kids instead of just growing them if that makes any sense.

Most parents don't know how to let their kids be kids anymore. We'd run around outside playing games or pretending to be pokemon or sonic til ten at night. It's not like our parents worried because they could trust us and we were smart. That part of the parent child relationship such as trust and respect and courtesy is really missing now these days.

I just got home from a volleyball tournament and check this really quick. It doesn't mean I can't get on the internet once in a while.

Pedo_bear

The world isn't safe as it use to be! Kids aren't allowed to run around anymore without parental supervison. And of course parents aren't there when it is the afternoon so kids can't run aroud outside like they use to!

Damn straight! I used to all of that..me and my friends used to play with hot-wheels outside and make little dirt tracks and shit. Today's kids are obese and shiz cause they don't wanna go outside.

You are on the internet. Very poor choice of place to bring up this kind of argument. Many highschoolers can do both, you know. I am an avid gamer, who owns a 360 and a computer. I bike 20 miles a day, in a group. We all have game systems, and we all use our time wisely enough to do everything we want to. We play games. We exercise. They are not mutually exclusive.

@You are on the internet. Very poor choice of place to bring up this kind of argument. Many highschoolers can do...

aha. As the question is directed to younger kids who should be outside, I have no worry that you can decide what to do in your own time along with any other highschooler. And why not bring the question to the internet? Do you know a better place to consult large masses of people and ask their opinion? And I'm not saying it's either one or the other; being fat or playing outside and getting exercise. It wasn't even intentionally about getting exercise in the first place. It was meant to point out the fact that they aren't playing outside like kids should, they're occupying their time with electronics. As said before, there's too much to keep them quiet inside.

Do your friends happen to live right by you? Cool, my closest friend is 10 miles away, and there are no kids at the apartment complex i live at

Maybe where you live.

Yeah, kids can't really play outside like we used to anymore. Too many creepers now, even where I live, and we have a below average crime rate... nothing bad happens here.
Still, there's a backyard....
Most just go over to friend's houses and play there.
How do i know? Little sisters, gotta love em.

@Yeah, kids can't really play outside like we used to anymore. Too many creepers now, even where I live, and we have...

Uh, the neighborhood I live in is sometimes sketchy, but my sister plays outside all the time and she's fine. People didn't use to have to watch their kids, but times are changing. So, if people actually stay outside WITH their kid and watch them (I know, some people have to work or might have alot to do, but, they could at least pull up a chair outside or sit on the porch), instead of staying in the house and then screaming that their child was abucted, then kids could actually go play outside. Maybe it'd decrease the obesity rate, even.

@TicTacAddict Uh, the neighborhood I live in is sometimes sketchy, but my sister plays outside all the time and she's fine...

And it helps parent/child bonding and reinforces that relationship. Because you should spend time with your child. I mean really, it's called parenting for a reason.

thats why you gotta live in the country man. Plus I would be spending time outdoors with my kids, so the creepers wont get them

Ya i remember being pokemon, sonic, teen titans, yu-gi-oh...most kids now go outside to walk to their friends house to play xbox or ps3

...and people complain about their kids being lazy. puhlease.

Ikr! Even now (I'm 15) I still go outside when I'm at my friend's house, even though we sit around and make fires, still not being obese and fat and sitting inside eating donuts and cheetos all day.

Your on the computer right now.. stop complaining

@Your on the computer right now.. stop complaining

She's not even a kid anymore. If she played in the dirt at this age, she'd most probably be called a retard.

@She's not even a kid anymore. If she played in the dirt at this age, she'd most probably be called a retard.

I most definitely don't think I'm an adult haha. As far as I'm concerned fourteen is very young. You should try it some time, playing in the dirt I mean. It's great having fun; doesn't mean you're an idiot or anything.