+105

God is real (now let's just see how many yes's and no's we get here) amirite?

AnonymousJacksons avatar
0 38
The voters have decided that AnonymousJackson is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

" -Any amirite post- (now let's just see how many yes's and no's we get here)". That's really not necessary when yes and no are the only two options.

@silvershadow6 " -Any amirite post- (now let's just see how many yes's and no's we get here)". That's really not necessary when...

It's possible that someone might down vote because they assume "He's just trying to start a flame war!" or something like that.

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +20Reply

There is just as much proof for the existence of a god than there is disproof of a god.

@Brandyandtophats There is just as much proof for the existence of a god than there is disproof of a god.

"Why don’t I believe in God? No, no no, why do YOU believe in God? Surely the burden of proof is on the believer. You started all this. If I came up to you and said, 'Why don’t you believe I can fly?' You’d say, 'Why would I?' I’d reply, 'Because it’s a matter of faith.' If I then said, 'Prove I can’t fly. Prove I can’t fly see, see, you can’t prove it can you?' You’d probably either walk away, call security or throw me out of the window and shout, 'F—ing fly then you lunatic.'” - Ricky Gervais

mdakess avatar mdakes No Way +4Reply

May I ask, WHICH God?

How should agnostics vote?

@_creative_username_ How should agnostics vote?

Arent apathetics indifferent, not agnostics? Agnostics just think this is unknown and unknowable.

@eldorito, agnostics believe there's a chance of His existence as much as nonexistance. But they're indifferent.

Oops, I suppose that's true. But it's still about the same concept.

I'm not voting and it's not because I probably fit in the Agnostic category, but because OP just had to say, "let's see how many yes's and no's we get."

@StickCaveman I'm not voting and it's not because I probably fit in the Agnostic category, but because OP just had to say...

i kind of understand though. there would have been at least ten people saying "oh he's just trying to start a flame war" or "oh look another post about religion on the homepage, how original"

iamthewalruss avatar iamthewalrus Yeah You Are +2Reply

Oh, I see. And I reread my first comment response and I now realize how b*tchy I sounded. Sorry about that..

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are -1Reply

Actually the existence of certain gods can be ruled out, thus disproving their existence. Why is it that we can so easily rule out the existence of gods like Zues and Thor but the gods of the Bible and Quran are more iffy? Almost no one believes in the pagan gods of old anymore because they have been replaced with monotheism, which is easier to follow. And why shouldn't people take the multiple gods from Hinduism seriously? The Judeo-Christian and Muslim concept of God and his attributes is severely flawed; There are a ton of flaws and problems I've seen within the Bible and Quran, from contradictions and mistranslations to plain absurdities; and there is hypocrisy, corruption, and factionalism within the many institutions and people connected to them, so I believe there is sufficient proof that neither the gods of the Bible nor the Quran exist.

So the only God left which can't be disproven is the deist's version of God, which is essentially a being that created the Universe but who doesn't care about human affairs and who has only revealed itself through nature, not any divine book. So it doesn't matter whether or not you believe in that kind of god because it doesnt care.

Let's not.

If there is no proof that something exists then it doesn't exist- logically speaking that is. The reason that the burden of proof falls to the believer is that only one simple thing needs to be proven in order to win the debate, they have to prove that God exists. The fact that one can't prove that He isn't real isn't proof that he is, while the fact that one can't prove that He is real is evidence that He isn't.

@1806595

lolwut smilie How am I being a prick and how am I not understanding?
Agnosticism: "it's unknown whether god exists or not, and it's unknowable"
Atheist: "I believe god doesn't exist"
The user above said both those things and is therefore an agnostic atheist. I do know what I'm talking about, and I'm not being rude in any way.

@1806595

This site has a huge number of agnostics, it seems. wary smilie

@1806595

You sound more agnostic than atheist.

@1806595

Agnostic atheist. Gotcha y smilie

@1806595

Yep, I'm sure wikipedia has the worst definitions ever. And I wasn't assuming anything, don't assume things like that. I was clarifying that they're not simply agnostic, but agnostic atheist which many people are. This is why what they said before sounded like agnostic (it's impossible to know, and therefore we don't know the answer and never will) but then the second thing sounded more atheist (I dont believe in the existence of god). I'm sorry if anything I said sounded mean or rude, perhaps I should've phrased my comments differently.

God is real if someone come from the futer, god is not real if no one comes from the futer and we made the time macne also we were first than the futer

Its kind of annoying when atheists say that there is no proof of a god as their reason god doesnt exist. Its like, yeah we get that there is no proof... thats why its called "faith".

@Its kind of annoying when atheists say that there is no proof of a god as their reason god doesnt exist. Its like...

I don't care about other people having faith in their god as long as they don't force their beliefs or me or try to make certain religious beliefs law. The problem with religion is that there are people in America who want to infringe on my right to be free from their religion. At the same time, there are countries in the Middle East which are already strictly dictated by religious principles and where people have little to no freedom. And they think they are all doing this for their "God". I don't care about anyone's faith in a god, that's there business. But that almost always comes with organized religion, and to me organized religion is not only outdated but a danger to freedom and progress.