+4

If you believe in god you might as well believe in santa clause. They both supposedly exist and people claim they can do things that are clearly impossible, amirite?

spaghettiBerrys avatar
1 10
The voters have decided that spaghettiBerry is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Aren't religious posts, like so 3 days ago...?

And anyways, why is it that religious posts always target Christianity? I mean, there are also flaws in the Islamic religion. No one EVER bashes the Ancient Greek and Roman religions.

Sure, I will admit that there is some hypocrisy in the Christian religion, but being a hypocrite doesn't always mean a bad thing. If a parent smokes and tells his or her child not to smoke, where's the harm in that?

And regarding homosexual marriage. The Bible never said anything about hating homosexuals. It says that God sees homosexuality as a forgivable sin. Just because the Bible says so, it doesn't mean I should go hate homosexuals, it just says it's a sin, that's all.

I know it's a bit off topic, but that is usually the thing people criticize Christianity in.

@IAMSTORM Aren't religious posts, like so 3 days ago...? And anyways, why is it that religious posts always target...

Hypocrisy isn't bad? Maybe what you meant to say was that we're all hypocrites, but it's never a good thing. "A parent smokes but tells their kid not to, where's the harm in that?" the "harm" is that the kid isn't going to listen to their parent because anyone who isn't as naive as a fairybook princess will think to themselves, "they tell me it's bad but they do it and they're supposed to be my role model so why should I listen to them about this, or anything for that matter?"

@Hypocrisy isn't bad? Maybe what you meant to say was that we're all hypocrites, but it's never a good thing. "A...

Okay I will agree with you, but it doesn't mean the child shouldn't listen. Smoking is addicting and my parents CAN'T quit and they tell me not to. Of course I'm going to listen. Just because someone is doing something wrong, it doesn't mean they can't tell someone else not to do it. It's a whole lot better than saying ''Go smoke/do drugs/underage drink, etc''

@IAMSTORM Okay I will agree with you, but it doesn't mean the child shouldn't listen. Smoking is addicting and my parents...

Just because they're not telling you TO do it doesn't mean that by doing something they tell someone not to is okay. The person loses all credibility that way. And you probably listen to your parents because you're educated on the effects of smoking and you probably don't want to smoke, not just because your parents tell you not to.

@Just because they're not telling you TO do it doesn't mean that by doing something they tell someone not to is...

Okay, they won't be as credible. But still, it doesn't mean they are wrong. And just stop commenting, we are just going to argue back and forth about something that isn't really part of the topic...

Not trying to force religion, but Santa Claus came from a folk talk about a guy who had lots of money, and gave gifts to charities and poor people, which is how the holiday was created. God has his own book, which explains him fully, and has about as much proof as others theories.

Haha god has his own book that a lot of other people wrote! And so does santa he has has jizz loads of books as well..

spaghettiBerrys avatar spaghettiBerry Yeah You Are +1Reply

Bible has been around for thousands of years. It's still around. Many books today, the best books, get forgetting in 2-3 years. There is a reason the Bible is not forgotten

@Bible has been around for thousands of years. It's still around. Many books today, the best books, get forgetting...

ok but regular people wrote it. If you and I sat down and wrote a book that was fake and it lasted for thousands of years nd people believed it would it be the same thing? Yes, yes it would

spaghettiBerrys avatar spaghettiBerry Yeah You Are 0Reply

^^... continued...

Sure, some things in the Bible sound completely impossible and weird. But some things are lost in translation and time.

And things will seem more possible if you open your mind. Just because science is 'facts' it doesn't mean religion should be forgotten. At one point, Religion was 'fact' for a great majority of the Earth.

Just because we never saw Jesus perform miracles or rise from the dead, it doesn't mean it never happened. Sometimes people just need to see with their own eyes I guess...

And remember this, people use to think the Earth was undeniably flat and that the Universe revolved around the Earth.