+244

Just once I'd like to see a black model in a shampoo commercial, amirite?

Unavailables avatar
0 23
The voters have decided that Unavailable is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

"No matter how much of this shampoo I use, my hair will still look like every other black woman's in the entire world." Not really that convincing.

Black people have to use different shampoo than white people. Their hair is different.

@Black people have to use different shampoo than white people. Their hair is different.

They do? I'm black and I use Garnier Fructis. People in my family use Head and Shoulders, Tresemme, and Suave to name a few. Most shampoos I've seen say "for all hair types" unless it's for damaged, frizzy, etc. Also, not all black people have nappy hair. African Americans have more variations in hair texture than any other race.

@You're just part black then.

I'll admit that I am mixed with a lot of things, but not everyone in my family is. Shampoo is shampoo, isn't it? I seriously never realized that black people had to use different shampoos. They'll probably use different moisturizers, perms, and hair gels, but I think pretty much any shampoo can do the trick unless you have extremely unmanageable hair. It may be ideal to use a specialized product, but for many it may not be necessary.

@I'll admit that I am mixed with a lot of things, but not everyone in my family is. Shampoo is shampoo, isn't it? I...

Fully black people have hair that is a lot more wool-like. The consistency is much different than any other race's hair.

@Fully black people have hair that is a lot more wool-like. The consistency is much different than any other race's hair.

I realize that. I'm just saying there is a lot of variation when it comes to African American hair. I know some that use special products, and I know some with nappy hair that use regular shampoo, too.

@If you're American you're black and not "African American".

Well, I don't call myself African American because my family is actually from the Caribbean and other places. I call myself black. When talking about the race in general, sometimes I say African American. That's what I was taught to say in grade school, and it stuck with me. You know how big schools are on political correctness. Know that I don't normally say that.

@what about asians and hispanics?

Their hair isn't like black people's hair.

@Their hair isn't like black people's hair.

I meant are their hair different like every race's hair is different or are black people's hair the only one?

@I meant are their hair different like every race's hair is different or are black people's hair the only one?

As far as I know only black people have different hair. I haven't known many Hispanics or Asians though.

I've seen black women in commercials for hair products made especially for black people.

muffinmonkeys avatar muffinmonkey Yeah You Are +8Reply

I don't know, would you?

Seems to me that in most commercials the shampoo models already have fabulous hair. That's why I want guarantees their shampoo WORKS. Bring in someone with hair that does properly need care, and then prove it to me. At least we know black people's hair products work... I mean, I'm white with an afro. I need it.

Unavailables avatar Unavailable Yeah You Are +3Reply

There are adverts specifically for black people's hair products because their hair is different.

Watch a garnier, or however it's spelt, commercial. There you go.

And not all black people have nappy hair thanks. My hair is so trainable and thin I could actually just use water and a brush to slick it back so suck it. :)

Wurk dem naps!

yeah, then the soap will be more visible