+442

"Oh, dolphin are getting caught in the tuna net!!! They are dieing!! We have to do somthing!!!! Help the dolphins!!!" WHAT ABOUT THE TUNA GETTIN' CAUGHT IN THE TUNA NET?!?!? amirite?

Amish_Allosauruss avatar
12 52
The voters have decided that Amish_Allosaurus is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Alright, firstly: dolphins, dying.

Secondly: No body cares about the tuna getting caught because the net is THERE to catch tuna. And, we eat tuna. We aren't catching the dolphins nor are we eating them. Sure, you can eat a dolphin, but the purpose of that net isn't the catch them and sell them.

People are more upset about the dolphins because we are endangering them with our nets for no reason. We aren't even catching them! So, it is pointless and harmful.

lolwut?

@BreakfastFan lolwut?

Are you a moron? All the people who pretend they care about animals only care about the cute ones like puppies and dolphins, they don't care about bugs, and fish. Not that I give a rip about them, i was just pointing out how hipocritical they are.

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -10Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus Are you a moron? All the people who pretend they care about animals only care about the cute ones like puppies and...

Sorry if I didn't get the point of this, it's not exactly clear. Dolphins are much rarer and more intelligent then tuna. I'm dieing to find out how that's hypocritical.

@BreakfastFan Sorry if I didn't get the point of this, it's not exactly clear. Dolphins are much rarer and more intelligent then...

Very true. Dolphins don't reproduce as fast, and there's many less of them. Also, people eat tuna. It'd be like saying, "Oh no! That guy is killing the cute chickens/chicks!"

Dolphins = cute, tuna = ugly. If tuna were endagered, no one would care. And who cares if they are smarter, humans are the only ones with souls.

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -18Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus Dolphins = cute, tuna = ugly. If tuna were endagered, no one would care. And who cares if they are smarter, humans...

I think people would care if Tuna were endangered seeing as they're a staple in many parts of the world. And maybe the whole cute things is one reason, but I think the fact that they are some of the most intelligent animals besides us is a bigger reason. I'm not gonna get into a debate about "souls".

@Amish_Allosaurus I already said, we have souls, they don't. And no they would.

If you mean that literally, then yeah that's bullshit.

lollololol there isb also a legal limit to how much they can be fished so as not to have any extreme environmental issues . lol

... You don't quit get it, do you?

And may I ask what is your religious belief? Because Christians believe that animals do have souls.

@no. no they don't.

Yes, yes they do. No where in the bible does it contradict that.

@bluegoddess Yes, yes they do. No where in the bible does it contradict that.

just becuz theres nothing to contradict that doesnt mean something is true. also, man was created superior to animals (Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." (Genesis 1:26) so that kind of leans towards animals not having a soul. check out http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/448 for a full explanation

@just becuz theres nothing to contradict that doesnt mean something is true. also, man was created superior to...

That still proves nothing. It stated that we can't actually prove that they do have souls. It doesn't say anywhere that animals do not have souls in the bible, though. I'm not Catholic or anything, but I've studied their religion, as well as others, because religion fascinates me. In Sunday School they are taught that animals do have souls. Along with many other Christian religions, Islam, Hinduism and Judaism.

@bluegoddess That still proves nothing. It stated that we can't actually prove that they do have souls. It doesn't say anywhere...

alright then, maybe its not a religion wide agreed upon thing in Christianity then, just like people have different ideas about what kind of movies are okay to watch. idk what sunday school you went to tho, i've always known it to be an open minded thing.

My brain hurts from all the terrible punctuation and grammar...

@780786

tuna are endangered

This is idiocy... the reason people get up in arms over dolphins isn't how cute they are; it's that they're dying for no reason, because as everyone keeps pointing out; we're not eating them. I assure you, there are plenty of animals on the endangered species list that aren't "cute". Scientists don't give a crap about how aesthetically pleasing an animal is; they care about how much immediate danger it's in, and how much of an effect on the environment it's extinction would have. Tuna are plentiful, therefore no concern is warranted. You sound like you have a case of fugly and are bitter about it. =P

@Black_No_1 This is idiocy... the reason people get up in arms over dolphins isn't how cute they are; it's that they're dying...

Thank you! It's not about how something looks it's about it's ability to reproduce at a rate that is sustanable to how much we farm them.

Dolphins- warm blooded family orientated animals. Tuna- cold blooded fish who spawn in their thousands.

some people in Japan catch and eat tuna and dolphin, but dolphins are caught brutally and the ones who are phsically fit are sent to amusement parks. The rest are killed and eaten.

I don't know what to think of that, cause for one dolphins have a crap load of mercury in them, and stopping them from eating dolphins (which is a tradition, apparently) is like stopping the rest of the world from killing chickens and cows. And btw; I'm Japanese.

I didn't realise tuna was an endagered species.

Hence the name 'tuna net' not 'dolphin net' ono smilie

You do know we eat the tuna, not the dolphins. :/

ALL OF YOU LISTEN UP: the word "dieing" is actually spelled "dying" SHUT UP UNTIL YOU CAN SPELL

@ALL OF YOU LISTEN UP: the word "dieing" is actually spelled "dying" SHUT UP UNTIL YOU CAN SPELL

For one, you make a spelling correction, when you can't spell a word they fill in for you, "anonymus" also, only the OP can read this. Don't be a dumbshit

@TheTall123 For one, you make a spelling correction, when you can't spell a word they fill in for you, "anonymus" also, only...

What?? I don't think you are that naive to believe he spelled anonymous wrong when it's filled in, I think it's his way of having an identity without having a username. He would've had to go out of his way to click,edit,and re-type anonymus (incorrectly). Also, what do you mean only the OP can read this?

pericles4321s avatar pericles4321 Yeah You Are 0Reply

umm... while i agree with the post, the whole "animals don't have souls" thing is bull. I mean really, you may say it says so in the bible, but guess what... IT DOESN'T. The quote up there, Genesis 1:26, is referring to the face humans have a higher intelligence than animals. No where does it say that animals don't have souls. and you may say it "leans" toward that, but that's a matter of interpretation.

We're more closely related to Dolphins on an evolutionary scale, so it's a lot creepier too.