-24

I mean seriously, drunk people kill thousands of people every year, its time they outlaw beer! amirite?

Amish_Allosauruss avatar
3 66
The voters have decided that Amish_Allosaurus is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

In this post: People trying to reason with idiots.

Guns kill thousands of people each year - should you ban guns?
Car crashes kill thousands of people each year - do you want to ban driving?
Stop trying to take away people's freedoms because you personally don't agree with them.

@951208

No, that doesn't make any sense as an argument. I agree with the one above but this one's stupid. People who drown usually drown by accident, not because a drunk person was holding them down underwater. Being drunk is harmful because you're a danger to people other than yourself. Swimming only endangers you.

I don't agree with either point, I'm just saying why that's a dumb statement to make.

I mean seriously, sober people kill thousands of people every year, it's time they drink beer! amirite?

They tried outlawing alcohol (18 amendment), and then it became such popular contraband that people made millions bootlegging. The Kennedy's - a lot of their money is suspected to have come from bootlegging. It got to the point where they had to make it legal again (21st amendment).

@ilostmyshoe They tried outlawing alcohol (18 amendment), and then it became such popular contraband that people made millions...

yep and the biggest issue that came about during prohibition was organized crime. people would bootleg, there were entire illegal EMPIRES that were formed during the era, like Al Capone.
They already tried declaring alcohol illegal, it didn't work because it's a dumb idea.

They have.... And more people got arrested =p

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Ellen They have.... And more people got arrested =p

beer has never been illegalized. i agree with Phil_The_Minion, grow a brain.

@super_sour_diesel Are you really that stupid?

its not "real" beer, because people think that beer has to consist of alcohol PLUS other things, but thousands of years ago, it wasnt as bad for you because they didnt add all that bad stuff.

@ilostmyshoe Can you give us an example of this 'bad stuff' beer had then but doesn't have now?

i dont their names but i do know that beer used to be made out of organic and natural ingredients (such as parts of the flower and weeds, and wood), and now its made with things that are close to the substances in tobacco.

@i dont their names but i do know that beer used to be made out of organic and natural ingredients (such as parts of...

The basic ingredients of beer are water; a starch source, such as malted barley, able to be fermented (converted into alcohol); a brewer's yeast to produce the fermentation; and a flavouring such as hops.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer
The ingredients are still natural.

@its not "real" beer, because people think that beer has to consist of alcohol PLUS other things, but thousands of...

Uh, no? They've used hops to make it for ages. I really don't get what you're trying to say.

@beer has never been illegalized. i agree with Phil_The_Minion, grow a brain.

Look up prohibition. You're the one who needs to grow a brain

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Ellen Look up prohibition. You're the one who needs to grow a brain

i didnt mean that kind of beer, they have added a whole bunch of crap to it since the 70's, which is real beer, and real beer, has never been illegalized, except for the early 1900's, but that doesnt really count.

Beer isn't illegal! Grow a brain moron!

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -13Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus Beer isn't illegal! Grow a brain moron!

No, moron! They outlawed alcohol in America during The 20s and 30s. It made it illegal to consume or own alcohol! But then people wanted it so badly that more people got arrested and killed because of it!

Now before you call someone names, learn some facts!

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus I know it was illegal in the 20s and 30s, I'm talking about now!

I know that! They aren't gonna make it illegal now because it will just be the se exact thing before! History will repeat itself! Even though the government doesn't seem like it, they are smarter than they were before. So don't count on that happening!

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Ellen Mhmmmmm

All of your arguments are null and void!

@Ellen No they actually make sense

I agree. I'm not sure how making alcohol illegal now will be any different from prohibition in the early 20th century. It will end badly. Actually, this is one of the arguments for legalizing drugs.

@ilostmyshoe I agree. I'm not sure how making alcohol illegal now will be any different from prohibition in the early 20th...

See that is what I am trying to tell this person! But they won't believe me!

As many people have put it: rules are meant to be broken

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are +3Reply
@ilostmyshoe I'm with you, music_oreo. He/she is not debating with logic.

Again I say, THANK YOU! I don't get why they aren't understanding me!

@stop feeding the troll, geesh.

This was forever ago. I haven't even talked this person at all. So I really don't think your comment made a difference :p

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus I suppose you want those legal too?

Did I say that? I said it was an argument for it. You're really missing the point, Phil. Making Alchohol illegal wouldn't help anything. It could actually make things worse (as we've learned from trying to make it illegal in the 1920's). Now, cracking down on people who DUI is a different story.

@Ellen No they actually make sense

No, all of your arguments are about how they did, I'm talking about how they should.

@Amish_Allosaurus Quitter...

No, you're just seeing my point! So why should I even bother if you won't even listen?

@Ellen No, you're just seeing my point! So why should I even bother if you won't even listen?

your point is that a dangerous drug that kills thousands of people directly and indirectly, every year should be legal.

@Amish_Allosaurus your point is that a dangerous drug that kills thousands of people directly and indirectly, every year should be legal.

No, my point is that your idea may be smart, but you aren't thinking it through! I want it to be outlawed! I don't want people to be dead! But I know that if it was against the law to drink beer, then more people with die! How many rules do you wanna break because they are rules? If we outlaw it, then we will just be pushing them to drink! USE YOUR BRAIN!

For some reason you annoy the shit outta me. I don't know you, we've never spoken, you've never said anything that i would personally find offensive, but there's something about you that makes me want to jump of a building. It baffles me how someone can be so irritating. Rather fascinating actually. Huh.

When the hell has BEER been a drug? It's when your an alcoholic and to much of a moron to know when not to DRIVE that it's bad and you seem the type to rant and ramble about how bad something is then get drunk. Open your ears and listen to someone elses point of view, yours isn't the only one. Sugarbaby was saying that if the government did outlaw beer AGAIN then the same things would happen before. People don't care if something is illegal, they will still do it.

they did: its called the 18th amendment... then it was repealed because more illegal activities started like speakeasies and bathtub gin

Well its funny because Alcohol companies (along with paper companies) are the ones bribing senators to keep weed illegal-weed is a THREAT to alcohols business because it is much safer, and has no negative side affects (i.e. hangover) talk about backwards.

Um yeah, do you know what happened the last time beer was outlawed?

D_Sexys avatar D_Sexy No Way +1Reply

I agree -_- though I don't think the punishment is good enough for people who drink and drive.

@I agree -_- though I don't think the punishment is good enough for people who drink and drive.

(;)): they should make it, if they kill anyone while they are under the influence, they should be sentenced to natural death (in jail).

someone agrees with me :D

DaAce96s avatar DaAce96 Yeah You Are 0Reply

outlaw any type of alcohol, except red wine because thats good for you, but any type of alcohol since its more dangerous than tobacco.

there are some states that have tried to outlaw alcohol, but they didnt because they were worried that people were going to leave the state, which is why they should make it illegal everywhere in the usa.

I love just about no one gets that it's a joke. =P

VictoryAACs avatar VictoryAAC Yeah You Are -4Reply
@SpearmintMilk How is this a joke?

The exclamation point is a giveaway. Not to mention all the exclamation points he used while arguing.

VictoryAACs avatar VictoryAAC Yeah You Are -3Reply
@SpearmintMilk Successful troll?

Highly. His reputation as a right-wing/Christian troll (though he isn't really) helped him.

VictoryAACs avatar VictoryAAC Yeah You Are -2Reply