-17

People just need to get over 9/11 already. It happened, it's over, and if you keep trying to mourn about it, then we'll never change. I mean, you don't see anybody mourning over the anniversary of the Holocaust or anything. Let it go already. amirite?

AdonisBatheuss avatar
0 59
The voters have decided that AdonisBatheus is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

9/11 was the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor and people argue that it was worse than Pearl Harbor. They are having memorials every year and remembering it so PEOPLE WON'T ATTACK US AGAIN! And it's not dumb because you want to remember your loved ones, and what if your loved ones died from 9/11? You're insulting those people when you say that

@marimetagirl1 9/11 was the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor and people argue that it was worse than Pearl Harbor...

If my loved ones died from 9/11, I'd be crying for the first year. Then I'd get pissed about how everybody acts is if it affected them so terribly when no shit happened to them. I don't want anyone crying for me.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are -2Reply
@AdonisBatheus If my loved ones died from 9/11, I'd be crying for the first year. Then I'd get pissed about how everybody acts is...

Except for the economy, our increased bad reputation with the Middle East, one of the major turns in Bush's presidency, and the health problems with the smoke in the air for months...?

@Except for the economy, our increased bad reputation with the Middle East, one of the major turns in Bush's...

I'm talking about what happened that people still cry over, not about all the terrorists and Bush's stupidity.

@Thomas maybe you're just an insensitive douche bag. or maybe you're just extremely immature.

No, I'm just moving on like everyone else should.
You might as well keep crying over the death of Elvis.

@AdonisBatheus No, I'm just moving on like everyone else should. You might as well keep crying over the death of Elvis.

elvis is still alive. and im not old enough to care about him. you probably are too young to remeber 9/11 right? a little kid with with a huge mouth? or a psychopath or something.

@Thomas elvis is still alive. and im not old enough to care about him. you probably are too young to remeber 9/11 right? a...

I'm 15. I remember the day I saw 9/11 on the news. I was like, "Oh, god, that fucking sucks." Then the year passed. And it was 2002. And I was like, "Alright then... Poor them." And then 2003 came. "Kinda sucks still... Poor guys." 2004. "OK..." 2005. "Well, I'm kinda over it now..." 2006 "Do we really need to keep going?" 2007 "... This is a long time of grieve." 2008 "Screw it." 2009 "Come on, I don't wanna do a moment of silence AGAIN..." 2010 "FFS I'm sick of this."

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are -3Reply

....You are so fucking dumb...

@....You are so fucking dumb...

I'm stupid for having an opinion? Sorry.

@AdonisBatheus I'm stupid for having an opinion? Sorry.

An Ignorant opinion....When your mom dies, Ill tell you to shut the fuck up and get over it...

@JeffreyDahmer An Ignorant opinion....When your mom dies, Ill tell you to shut the fuck up and get over it...

My father died this summer, asshole. I'm already over it, and everyone else should be, too.

@AdonisBatheus My father died this summer, asshole. I'm already over it, and everyone else should be, too.

I'm glad your not sad about that anymore, but people mourn differently. Just because you feel one way doesn't mean everyone else should too.

@Pumpkinator I'm glad your not sad about that anymore, but people mourn differently. Just because you feel one way doesn't mean...

For the people who WEREN'T INVOLVED, they should get over it. The other people... Yeah, some people don't get over the death of their family members. Sorry for them. But the other people... They're crying over shit that didn't happen to them. That always annoys me.

@AdonisBatheus For the people who WEREN'T INVOLVED, they should get over it. The other people... Yeah, some people don't get over...

I can see your point, but I don't think it really applies to 9/11. Yeah, if your friend breaks up with their boyfriend/girlfriend you don't have to be sad for them, but so many people DIED. It makes me feel sick just thinking about how devastating it was.

@Pumpkinator I can see your point, but I don't think it really applies to 9/11. Yeah, if your friend breaks up with their...

It is sickening. And I don't like terrorists. But I'm not crying over it. I also think the Holocaust was 50x as sickening, but I still don't sit in my room and mourn for all the lives that were lost.

The Holocaust doesn't exactly have an anniversary.

@The Holocaust doesn't exactly have an anniversary.

It has a remembrance day, though :P I think it's the 20th...

@Katffro It has a remembrance day, though :P I think it's the 20th...

At least nobody obsesses over it. >_> Hopefully that's 9/11 in 50 years... We should forget what happened, but we shouldn't forget the problem. There's a big difference.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Katffro Oh really? No one obsesses over it? Try saying that to people in Europe.

I've never heard anyone in Europe obsess over it. And if they do, they need to get over it, unless they were involved.

of course you decided to post it while i was in the middle of posting that.

Good point, but you know what I mean, anonymous.

You seem to be very hypocritical. You tell everyone your just voicing your opinion, and they shouldn't hate on you for thinking differently. But then when other people have different opinions than you, you get defensive and tell them that everyone should just get over it, like yourself.

YEAH BECAUSE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE LOST THEIR LIVES AND MILLIONS WERE AFFECTED
NBD, GUIZ. MOVE ON ALREADY.
OH, AND GET THE FUCK OVER PEARL HARBOR. NBDNBDNBD

@Katffro YEAH BECAUSE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE LOST THEIR LIVES AND MILLIONS WERE AFFECTED NBD, GUIZ. MOVE ON ALREADY. OH, AND...

Well then poor them.

Thousands of people died? Then they died. The people affected, sorry for them. But come on, for the people who weren't involved in any way, need to shut up. "OH BUT THE SYMBOLISM AND THE TOWERS AND ALL THAT JAZZ IT'S SO SAD!!" Wtf.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are -1Reply
@AdonisBatheus Well then poor them. Thousands of people died? Then they died. The people affected, sorry for them. But come on...

"Weren't involved in any way"? You ignorant piece of crud.
This is America. This is our country. Those were our people.
That's like saying all bad things that happened are insignificant because they "didn't affect us". Columbine? Pearl Harbor? Get OVER it? No.
My friend's teacher's mother was in a concentration camp. The mother was fed bread with ground-up glass, and had her guts cut and went through excruciating pain. Read these stories. Read their stories, THEN tell me it's insignificant.

@Katffro "Weren't involved in any way"? You ignorant piece of crud. This is America. This is our country. Those were our...

OUR country? This is a piece of LAND. Nobody owns this shithole. And you didn't own those people, either. They were just other people you didn't know.

For your friend's teacher's mother, sorry for her. But it's over now. And it's been decades. She's scarred, so I can understand, and I can understand any relative's concerns, but anyone else? They don't know shit about what it was like, so don't bother trying.

@AdonisBatheus OUR country? This is a piece of LAND. Nobody owns this shithole. And you didn't own those people, either. They were...

That doesn't mean you have to be so clueless.
My dad almost died in 9/11. My friend's dad DID die. I was less than 100 miles away from the Towers when they collapsed. The whole country was affected that day. It's still a huge part of our history.

@Katffro That doesn't mean you have to be so clueless. My dad almost died in 9/11. My friend's dad DID die. I was less than...

Sorry, then. You're related to the matter; you don't have to get over anything.
But how does it not offend you that some people take everything worse than you do on the matter?

@AdonisBatheus Sorry, then. You're related to the matter; you don't have to get over anything. But how does it not offend you that...

Because I'm not insensitive. I don't know their lives. Maybe they know what it's like to almost [or to] lose a loved one.
People who saw what happened, read the stories of people who were extremely affected....They understand.

@Katffro Because I'm not insensitive. I don't know their lives. Maybe they know what it's like to almost [or to] lose a...

I'm incredibly sensitive. I cry all the fucking time (for whatever reason, I don't know). Doesn't mean I cry over something that happened years ago.

Also, I read all about the Holocaust for years, and even read bits on Anne Frank and her diary. I understood, but I also understood that /I'm not them/. I don't live their life. I'll start relating to them once I go through a similar situation.

you are such a load of crap! "this is a piece of land?" yeah, land that our home, family and friends stand on, and if you think that this is just a piece of land, you're frickin WRONG! We, as a country, should stand TOGETHER, and if you don't think we should, you dont belong in our country

@marimetagirl1 you are such a load of crap! "this is a piece of land?" yeah, land that our home, family and friends stand on, and...

"Our" "our" "our". It's not your country or the government's. Nobody owns nature.

Also, who are YOU to say I deserve or do not deserve to be in this country? Who the fuck do you think you are? Don't be such a twat. What you say is not set in stone.

@AdonisBatheus "Our" "our" "our". It's not your country or the government's. Nobody owns nature. Also, who are YOU to say I...

I am a person living in america, and so are you. america isnt mine, it isnt yours, it isnt Obama's, it is "ours" the people who live in this nation. and did i ever say it was set in stone? NO!

@you're so mean! do you even have an idea on how much this affected america???? A LOT

I'm not mean, I'm speaking my mind. People need to get over it already.

the holocaust doesnt have an anniversary retard, and why dont you say that to an old european jew. they probably would beat your ass. you probably deserve it.

@Thomas the holocaust doesnt have an anniversary retard, and why dont you say that to an old european jew. they probably...

I am of a Jewish ethnicity. I'm Polish, too. My great grandparents suffered the Holocaust. It's over.

@Thomas wait wait wait, so you're not even american? no wonder you dont care about 9/11.

I AM American. And I'm not a patriot (this country needs a lot of work... I'll be proud of it once it fixes itself up).

@AdonisBatheus I AM American. And I'm not a patriot (this country needs a lot of work... I'll be proud of it once it fixes itself up).

you just said you were polish. and you can still be a patriot and understand how fucked up this country is.

@Thomas you just said you were polish. and you can still be a patriot and understand how fucked up this country is.

I'm of a Polish ethnicity. I'm American.

But I'm not a patriot. Patriots are proud of their countries, but I'm not. America has made a lot of bad decisions. I can't be proud of my son if he chose to do cocaine, get D's and F's on his report card, and lie to me all of the time. That's just absurd.

@AdonisBatheus I'm of a Polish ethnicity. I'm American. But I'm not a patriot. Patriots are proud of their countries, but I'm...

wow you misunderstand the word patriot. you think the original patriots were proud of england? the country the were citizens of before they won the war.

patriots are people who believe in freedom, and democracy, and liberty and all that good stuff. not people who are proud of their country. see, i knew you were an ignorant little kid...

@Thomas wow you misunderstand the word patriot. you think the original patriots were proud of england? the country the were...

And you're an ignorant adult. Let's get the definition of patriot, shall we?

PATRIOT:
• one who loves and defends his or her country
• Patriots (also known as American Whigs, Revolutionaries, Congress-Men or Rebels) was the name the colonists of the British Thirteen United Colonies, who rebelled against British control during the American Revolution, called themselves. It was their leading figures who, in July 1776, declared the United States of America an independent nation. Their rebellion was based on the political philosophy of republicanism, as expressed by pamphleteers, such as Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, and Thomas Paine.

It's not the 1700's anymore. The first definition applies to today. And you're calling ME ignorant? Wow.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +1Reply
@AdonisBatheus And you're an ignorant adult. Let's get the definition of patriot, shall we? PATRIOT: • one who loves and...

im actually not an adult. and where exactly did you get that definition because the second part doesnt only have meaning when studying history. it has meaning today too.

@AdonisBatheus I am of a Jewish ethnicity. I'm Polish, too. My great grandparents suffered the Holocaust. It's over.

your grandparents, not you personally. if they're still alive i bet they'd get pissed off if someone said that the holocaust isn't a big deal.

@Thomas your grandparents, not you personally. if they're still alive i bet they'd get pissed off if someone said that the...

Well duh. They were scarred from it. But everyone else needs to stop taking it harder than the actual victims. That's what this is directed at; the non-victims, the witnesses.

I'm glad 9/11 happened. I only wish that more people would have died.

Dude...it's nine years old, we're still allowed to be upset.

@Dude...it's nine years old, we're still allowed to be upset.

When I was 9 years old, my parents were over the day of my birth and how exciting it was. I just received presents on the anniversary of my birth. They didn't squeal over it.

@AdonisBatheus When I was 9 years old, my parents were over the day of my birth and how exciting it was. I just received presents...

You still celebrate your birthday though, right? Why would you? It happened a long time ago, no need to keep making it a big deal.

Some people have it really bad. Personally, I don't do anything special on 9-11 or Dec. 7, but that's because I either was too little to be affected or wasn't born.
Some people have 1 day a year where they remember a lost loved one. Well, now it happened for a whole city, 1000s of people were hurt. A lot of them still deal with the loss and pain that comes from losing people you love and feeling completely attacked and afraid for the first few years. It was a long time ago yes, but in terms of how long this country's been around it hasn't been that long and we're still at war with the Middle East which just makes the memory worse 'cus we're being reminded of it.
People still aren't over the holocaust. I met a woman who grew up in Nazi Germany. She wasn't Jewish or Polish, but she talked about the war and it really hurt her even though it was a long time ago
You might be over it but not everyone deals with things the same way. Just leave people alone, they'll move on when they're ready