+785

Book says "The tree was tall." We read "The tree was tall." English teachers read, "In a testament to nature, and the God, mother nature, or other significant being that governs it, the tree stood, tall, proud, and sturdy, upward in the sky; reaching for what was thought to be the unreachable." amirite?

waddupoprahs avatar
84 16
The voters have decided that waddupoprah is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!!!! :D

"In my opinion, the way that the author mentions the red robin on page forty three is intense foreshadowing for the brutal death of the protagonist, three hundred pages later."
... no. the red robin is simply a BIRD

BakerGator96s avatar BakerGator96 Yeah You Are +18Reply

So, so true. I swear that my English teacher puts more thought into the book than the actual author did.

BakerGator96s avatar BakerGator96 Yeah You Are +17Reply

The Tree shows that the Store Owner on page 12 that sold the protagonist the soda is having an affair with the wife of a close friend of the protagonist who we never meet in the book. Duh.

@The Tree shows that the Store Owner on page 12 that sold the protagonist the soda is having an affair with the wife...

The Tree shows that the Store Owner on page 12 who sold the soda to the protagonist is having an affair with the wife of a close friend of the protagonist whom we never meet in the book.

For an English teacher your grammar is sub-par.

@scrantoncity The Tree shows that the Store Owner on page 12 who sold the soda to* the protagonist is having an affair with the...

don't be a buzzkill. You should change your name to Negative Nelly. And gain a sense of humor. By now I'd think you'd be smart enough to understand why people hate you, and change your annoying ways for the better (in deep dramatic voice) and help make the world... a better place.

...or you could leave. But don't, because your idiocy amuses me.

@Deadpool don't be a buzzkill. You should change your name to Negative Nelly. And gain a sense of humor. By now I'd think...

Ah, my idiocy? Amusing.
If you'll notice, people dislike me for correcting them.
For correcting their grammar, views, arguments, and beliefs. You however, have done what, insult me?

English teacher's comment kinda ruined this entire post, especially the grammar aspect. So I killed his comment to make the post good again.
Feel me?
If you don't like me, insult me on my wall. That's the cool kid thing to do these days.

The tree is clearly a Christ figure.

@The tree is clearly a Christ figure.

i know right? or a phallic symbol, as some teachers have often said.

waddupoprahs avatar waddupoprah Yeah You Are +1Reply

HAHA, this is so true. It is crazy how english teachers think. It's just like "where did you get all this crazy info, symbols, foreshadowing and imagery from?"

Wooohooos avatar Wooohooo Yeah You Are +11Reply

....that's deep.....

I fucking love thisss.

I'm in American Literature right now so it's like...everyday. :l

fatimas avatar fatima Yeah You Are +3Reply

Wow, that is so true.

JellyBlocks avatar JellyBlock Yeah You Are +2Reply

Hahahaha I love this

for some reason when i read the teacher part, i read it in an english accent....