+282

My heart doesn't know if I'm 18, so I can fall in love before I'm an adult, amirite?

Relationships
3 24

Good post, don't fully agree though. Sure, maybe true for a 17 or 16 year old but not any younger.

@Chromana Good post, don't fully agree though. Sure, maybe true for a 17 or 16 year old but not any younger.

yeah, and you may be in love, but you probably won't recognize it (or be 100% sure) until you are in you mid 20s

@yeah, and you may be in love, but you probably won't recognize it (or be 100% sure) until you are in you mid 20s

I'd say you can definitely be sure at 18 or a bit older. It's just that you don't have the experience to know what to do.

you love with ur brain not ur heart...

@you love with ur brain not ur heart...

(:L): You also use it to spell properly.

@Bear_Sheba (:L): You also use it to spell properly.

In your case, you can also use it to be an ass hole.

Surely it's subjective? If you're ''sure'' you're in love then you are.

@jesst Surely it's subjective? If you're ''sure'' you're in love then you are.

somtimes you think your sure when your not. just cause some one says they are sure, doesnt mean they are right.

@somtimes you think your sure when your not. just cause some one says they are sure, doesnt mean they are right.

That's kind of what subjective means; "Proceeding from or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world". So, if in someone's mind, they believe themselves to be in love, they are. Noone else can define it for them or tell them they're not.

@jesst That's kind of what subjective means; "Proceeding from or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external...

but they still could be wrong. like i said, just because you think your right, doesnt mean later down the line you wont be like "man was i wrong". that happens alot with teens.they don't exactly know everything so they may think there right one day and the realise they were wrong the next.

chances are if thats your argument, you're too young, especially if you care what a bunch of strangers think. just dont have a kid. theres too many of you idiots with little idiots

@banana chances are if thats your argument, you're too young, especially if you care what a bunch of strangers think. just...

jeez, down call their kids idiots.they didnt do anything.theres too many idiots out having sex because "oh i'm in love". right.

Its a matter of whether or not you're mature enough. Toddlers "love" too, but, then again they'll forget about it and move on once you put something better in front of them.

its so annoying how stupid love can truly be... and how big part it takes up in your life.

Love is an emotion contrled by the frontal lobe of your brain. Your brain does not fully mature untill your early to late-twenties. Your heart might not be aware that you're only 18 but you're not mentally or emotionally mature enough for true love yet.

@Love is an emotion contrled by the frontal lobe of your brain. Your brain does not fully mature untill your early...

I'm not even sure if it is an emotion... It's an incredibly broad concept that incorporates many emotions, and its coherency is highly questionable.

@Bear_Sheba I'm not even sure if it is an emotion... It's an incredibly broad concept that incorporates many emotions, and its...

exactly. love is confusing so you have to be pretty mature to really understand it.thus concluding that you have to be an adult, not just 18.

@exactly. love is confusing so you have to be pretty mature to really understand it.thus concluding that you have to...

Yeah, age is completely arbitrary, I might be as mature at 18 as my brother is at 25, or vice versa.